• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Does Kaepernick get an extension this off season?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not going to address pocket passing specifically?

Jesus Christ.

hahaah.. and some people wonder why we are concerned about him as our Franchise qb

What he knows he needs to work on, what he tells coaches he needs to work on, what he tells the media he needs to work on, and what he does work on are different things. I hope and expect that he takes criticism from coaches well and works on what they advise; I do not expect him to take any criticism/advice from anyone else or tell the media that information. I expect him to handle himself, this last year he has improved but not enough for some people. That could be a strike against him or motivation.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He's not going to address pocket passing specifically?

Jesus Christ.

I saw that, but I think it came out differently than he meant it - at least I really, REALLY hope it did. Here's the quote:

“I think pocket passing is something is something that’s overlooked as far as what I do,” Kaepernick said. “I think people see me running around and they see me throwing on the run. They see me running down field and that’s just what he does.

“When you step up in the pocket and make a normal throw, it gets overlooked because you’re not running around. To me, it’s something, yes, you want to get better at that. I want to get better at throwing on the run, going through progressions quicker, I want to get better at everything. But I don’t think that (pocket passing) specifically is being addressed.”

When he says pocket passing isn't being addressed, I think he's referring to people not talking about his successes in the pocket, not that he's not planning on addressing it this offseason. That interpretation meshes better with how he starts off the statement.

I can't imagine that he would not be emphasizing pocket passing specifically this offseason. Personally, I want to see him put 90% of his efforts into that area, and 10% into other areas. If he's not doing that, I've got serious questions about his future. And serious questions about a coaching staff that would let him go into the offseason without emphasizing that he needs to work on his pocket passing.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he said he will give them a home team discount.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care if he throws from the pocket, but they need to force him to throw in the middle of the field. Since he is a one-read Qb, then make his first read Davis on a seam. If he is scared to throw it and wants to throw to the outside then at least that will force him into doing a progression of at least two.

Until he is able to determine what the safety is going to do in a certain defense he will always be scared to throw in the middle. Force him to learn by making his initial read in the middle.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I don't care if he throws from the pocket, but they need to force him to throw in the middle of the field. Since he is a one-read Qb, then make his first read Davis on a seam. If he is scared to throw it and wants to throw to the outside then at least that will force him into doing a progression of at least two.

Until he is able to determine what the safety is going to do in a certain defense he will always be scared to throw in the middle. Force him to learn by making his initial read in the middle.

He's not a one read QB but a QB that locks on to one target more than he should. He's capable of going through progressions and has done so in the past he just needs to be better at doing so.

I do agree he needs to work the middle of the field more and I believe that is something that will come along with experience.

Right now he's not at a level where he's 100% sure of what he sees and throwing in the middle of the field is the riskiest place to throw the ball which is why I think he shys away from it.

The other layer to add onto is that we win by controlling the ball and playing great defense which is an additional element that makes you even less likely to throw the riskier passes.

With more experience in seeing defenses the more confident he should become with where he goes with the ball and that includes the middle.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I saw that, but I think it came out differently than he meant it - at least I really, REALLY hope it did. Here's the quote:

“I think pocket passing is something is something that’s overlooked as far as what I do,” Kaepernick said. “I think people see me running around and they see me throwing on the run. They see me running down field and that’s just what he does.

“When you step up in the pocket and make a normal throw, it gets overlooked because you’re not running around. To me, it’s something, yes, you want to get better at that. I want to get better at throwing on the run, going through progressions quicker, I want to get better at everything. But I don’t think that (pocket passing) specifically is being addressed.”

When he says pocket passing isn't being addressed, I think he's referring to people not talking about his successes in the pocket, not that he's not planning on addressing it this offseason. That interpretation meshes better with how he starts off the statement.

I can't imagine that he would not be emphasizing pocket passing specifically this offseason. Personally, I want to see him put 90% of his efforts into that area, and 10% into other areas. If he's not doing that, I've got serious questions about his future. And serious questions about a coaching staff that would let him go into the offseason without emphasizing that he needs to work on his pocket passing.

I tend to agree with you that his comments are being misunderstood.

It seems to me when he was addressing pocket passing it was just the act of throwing the ball and not the going through progression aspect of it and the other nuances.

What he's basically saying he just wants to plain be a better passer from everywhere and not just from the pocket.

I just can't imagine Kap and the coaches not pouring over film and identifying areas he needs to work on and how he can get better at them.