• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dodgers want EVERYBODY!; Cano to play 3B?

rokketmn

The Maven
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is probably just me, but, if I am going to mortgage the farm to get a top free agent, I would want said player to be able to play at least 140 games a year.

Meaning, as of now, that ain't Tulo.

I think Tulo's long term position is third base to minimize his injuries. That also fills a Cardinals need.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Tulo's long term position is third base to minimize his injuries. That also fills a Cardinals need.

Probably a good idea. But, still, I would not want to pay top dollar to anyone who can seemingly only play 2/3 of each season.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3rd base isnt worth selling the farm for.

:2cents:

120 games from an all star SS? I think Id take that as long as he holds up for the playoff stretch. Cardinals will have to roll the dice somewhere and that seems to make more sense than keeping Beltran and having no real solution in the infield.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3rd base isnt worth selling the farm for.

:2cents:

120 games from an all star SS? I think Id take that as long as he holds up for the playoff stretch. Cardinals will have to roll the dice somewhere and that seems to make more sense than keeping Beltran and having no real solution in the infield.

Tulo's bat would play out well at 3rd.

rokketmn

The Maven
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As expected, the Sox gave QO's to Ellsbury, Napoli, and Drew.

With the Sox not expected to be players in free agency, this could give them as many as 4 first round picks.

The shortstop market is anemic, with only Drew and Peralta as the prominent names. Peralta comes with big defensive questions and the PED scandal, so Drew is the premier guy. Whether they retain him or not, this was a smart move by the Sox.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With the Sox not expected to be players in free agency, this could give them as many as 4 first round picks.

The shortstop market is anemic, with only Drew and Peralta as the prominent names. Peralta comes with big defensive questions and the PED scandal, so Drew is the premier guy. Whether they retain him or not, this was a smart move by the Sox.
I feel like Drew is overvalued, though. The Cardinals basically chose Furcal over him last year (IIRC) so Im not sure they'd give up a 1st to get him this year

$500 Million

Elitist Douche
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

PED issues or not, I'd take Peralta.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good defense, but I am not a believer in Alex Smith. When he has to face a good defense, he will be exposed. If the Niners had a half-way decent QB two years ago against the Giants in the Championship game, they win that game. He is afraid to throw down the field.

The Chiefs could give the Pats a run for their money, but not the Broncos.

he is an enigma imo. At times he is spectacular and then others you are left scratching your head asking how is this guy a NFL QB?

Patriots limit the Tos against them and they win! That's how the Chiefs won their last game.

rokketmn

The Maven
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like Drew is overvalued, though. The Cardinals basically chose Furcal over him last year (IIRC) so Im not sure they'd give up a 1st to get him this year

Definitely overvalued at that figure, but the Sox can gamble on a 1 year overpay to Drew. Reports suggest that he could get as high as $12mm annually on a multi-year deal.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he is an enigma imo. At times he is spectacular and then others you are left scratching your head asking how is this guy a NFL QB?

Patriots limit the Tos against them and they win! That's how the Chiefs won their last game.
The one big problem with Alex Smith is that he can't properly utilize his best targets...Im guessing due to a lack of arm strength. Crabtree suffered under Smith and now Bowe is suffering. The underneath guys that are less talented? Alex Smith is going to them all day. In a theoretical matchup, Pats could stick Talib on Bowe 1 on 1 and completely remove him and then just press everyone else. Chiefs oline is pretty mediocre and if the Pats wouldn't miss any tackles on speed guys like Charles and Avery then the Pats probably don't give up more than 13-17 points which makes a team with Tom Brady pretty scary even if Dobson has midget hands and none of his receivers can stay healthy.

RedSoxWorrld

Brock wears female undies
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basically.

Haters are gonna scream PED's for the next 20 years so what difference does it really make?

pretty much what I believe

safer to assume 9 out of 10 have cheated at least a little

rokketmn

The Maven
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The current list of QO:

Qualifying offer extended:
Curtis Granderson, Yankees
Hiroki Kuroda, Yankees
Robinson Cano, Yankees
Carlos Beltran, Cardinals
Ubaldo Jimenez, Indians
Jacoby Ellsbury, Red Sox
Mike Napoli, Red Sox
Stephen Drew, Red Sox
Brian McCann, Braves
Kendrys Morales, Mariners
Qualifying offer declined:
Josh Johnson, Blue Jays
Tim Hudson, Braves
Bronson Arroyo, Reds
Rajai Davis, Blue Jays
Darren Oliver, Blue Jays
Ramon Ortiz, Blue Jays
Jarrod Saltalamacchia, Red Sox
Corey Hart, Brewers
Grant Balfour, Athletics
Bartolo Colon, Athletics
Omar Infante, Tigers
Jhonny Peralta, Tigers
Joaquin Benoit, Tigers

Players will have ONE WEEK to accept or decline the offer. If a player accepts, it is the same as signing a 1 year contract and he is no longer a free agent. But this doesn't prevent the player from negotiating a longer term deal with his club if he accepts the QO.

Thinking about it, I sure hope the Mets or Mariners don't sign Ellsbury because their pick is protected. The Sox would get a 2nd rounder.

$500 Million

Elitist Douche
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
....as long as you don't mind doing your business by assuming....

I don't assume anyone is using PED's I just don't care if they are.

If I spend all my time worrying about who is clean and who isn't, it will kill the game for me.

RedSoxWorrld

Brock wears female undies
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't assume anyone is using PED's I just don't care if they are.

If I spend all my time worrying about who is clean and who isn't, it will kill the game for me.

im not worried about, doesn't affect how I see the game

its just what I believe