• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dodgers want EVERYBODY!; Cano to play 3B?

rokketmn

The Maven
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just kidding about the last part, but it wouldn't surprise me if the Dodgers asked Cano to play 3B if they signed him.

The Dodgers have said that they want to acquire BOTH David Price and Masahiro Tanaka. They will still likely fail miserably in the playoffs, and then the Dodgers will attempt to sign Ted Williams and Joe DiMaggio.

When told that both legends have long since passed on, Magic says "money is no object" and points to how well the undead move in "World War Z".

RedSoxWorrld

Brock wears female undies
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drew needed new contacts, thats why he couldnt hit in the WS until game 6

Ellsbury was playing on one arm

Both, according to Boras

Ells is gone, Drew probably gone also

rokketmn

The Maven
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Marlins have internally expressed interest in Mark Trumbo and Will Middlebrooks. That's nice.

Outside of Jose Fernandez, Giancarlo Stanton, and Christian Yelich, who are not going anywhere, they do not have much to offer in a trade.

If the Sox were to trade Middlebrooks, it would only be after re-signing Drew and moving Bogaerts to 3B full time. I couldn't even tell you who I would want from the Marlins roster. Mike Dunn is the only name that comes to mind, and it would take more than that.

The Angels are looking for pitching as they go "all in" with aging and declining Albert Pujols and Josh Hamilton on the roster. I think it would be a mistake to trade Trumbo for a guy like Jacob Turner or Nate Eovaldi.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just kidding about the last part, but it wouldn't surprise me if the Dodgers asked Cano to play 3B if they signed him.

The Dodgers have said that they want to acquire BOTH David Price and Masahiro Tanaka. They will still likely fail miserably in the playoffs, and then the Dodgers will attempt to sign Ted Williams and Joe DiMaggio.

When told that both legends have long since passed on, Magic says "money is no object" and points to how well the undead move in "World War Z".

Smells like jealousy and envy in here for some reason....................:noidea:

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BYGa_glIMAAeZPY.jpg

Hahaha pretty cool. Anybody notice the cig? Party on Mike :lol:

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex Rodriguez, currently appealing a 211-game suspension for violating Major League Baseball's drug policy, failed a drug test for stimulants in 2006, according to a report in the New York Times.

The report stated that the finding came from two people involved with the league's collectively bargained drug-testing program. According to the report, the Yankees star was not publicly identified for the positive test because players face suspensions for banned stimulants only if they fail a test more than once.
A representative of Rodriguez's legal team, Lanny J. Davis, denied to the Times that his client tested positive for a banned stimulant seven years ago.
It is unknown if MLB used the failed test as part of its evidence against Rodriguez during its side of the current hearing, according to the Times. Rodriguez's appeal of his suspension is on hiatus until Nov. 18, at which time his side will present its defense. The league wrapped up its side of the proceedings in October.
Rodriguez's side is also suing commissioner Bud Selig and MLB, alleging several instances of misconduct as the league worked to suspend Rodriguez for violating the joint drug agreement and the collective bargaining agreement.
The first conference of Rodriguez's lawsuit will be heard in New York on Nov. 7. MLB is attempting to get the suit thrown out. If there is a trial, it would not begin until sometime next year, at the earliest.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jake Peavy must have really enjoyed his ride in the Boston Red Sox's World Series parade.
The right-hander said on Twitter that he bought one of the duck boats that carried the team through the streets of Boston on Saturday to celebrate its championship.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The MLB Hot Stove is starting to heat up as the league nears an important deadline that will likely have an impact on certain players this winter; teams have until 5 p.m Monday. to extend qualifying offers to prospective free agents.

A qualifying offer is a one-year contract offer for the average salary of the 125 highest paid players in the game. If an offer is not made, there is no restriction on a player's free agency status. If an offer is made and the player accepts, the player will essentially be signed to the one-year deal. If the player declines, the player gets a compensation tag attached to his name--meaning the signing team surrenders its highest available non-protected pick to the team that lost the player.
This season, the value of a qualifying offer is worth $14.1 million. Players can accept a qualifying offer and continue negotiating with the team.

Nine players received qualifying offers last offseason, and more players seem likely to receive offers this offseason, based on early reports. Some teams will wait until the deadline to make a final decision, while others have announced that they will not offer the one-year contract to their players. Players who were traded midseason are ineligible for the QO, which could help them earn more money on the open market.
Below is a list of some of the top free agents on the market, along with their expected qualifying offer status:
Expected to receive QO

Robinson Cano - Yankees
Jacoby Ellsbury - Red Sox
Shin-Soo Choo - Reds
Brian McCann - Braves
Ervin Santana - Royals
Hiroki Kuroda - Yankees
A.J. Burnett - Pirates
Mike Napoli - Red Sox
Stephen Drew - Red Sox
Nelson Cruz - Rangers
Might receive QO

Curtis Granderson - Yankees
Ubaldo Jimenez - Indians
Scott Kazmir - Indians
Bartolo Colon - Athletics
Not expected to receive QO

Bronson Arroyo - Reds
Jarrod Saltalamacchia - Red Sox
Omar Infante - Tigers
Jhonny Peralta - Tigers
Joe Nathan - Rangers
Josh Johnson - Blue Jays
Not eligible for QO

Matt Garza - Rangers
Ricky Nolasco - Dodgers
Marlon Byrd - Pirates
Justin Morneau - Pirates
Scott Feldman - Orioles

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few years ago — before he went to prison and presumably got off all of the substances he was on — Lenny Dykstra enjoyed talking smack about Mitch Williams, blaming him for losing the 1993 World Series and such.
Which, sure, maybe his ineffectiveness was the main cause of that, but rarely do you hear former teammates being so pointed about it, especially many years later. Indeed, Dykstra’s inability to separate sporting life from real life and to let old bad things retreat into the past is pretty good evidence of the sort of baloney floating around his head which caused him to get into all kinds of trouble to begin win.
Well, he’s a free man now, and he was at the same memorabilia show at a mall recently and they bumped into each other. Mitch didn’t want anything to do with Dykstra, as this video from NBC 10 in Philadelphia shows.
Can’t say as I blame Williams

rokketmn

The Maven
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Both, according to Boras

The only thing that prohibits Drew leaving is if someone doesn't want to give up the pick if Boston gives him the QO.

As Clayton pointed out last week, the Cards are a potential fit, and their pick is late in the 1st round. They may be willing to sacrifice it.

How many teams need a SS? In the AL East, all teams seem set.

In the AL Central, the Tigers have a need, but could slot Iglesias and go for defense. The Indians have Lindor nearly ready. The others won't be in play.

In the AL West, there is no clear need.

In the NL: the Nats, Phils, and Braves are set. The Marlins probably won't spend here, but the Mets could be a fit.

In the NL Central, the Cards are a fit. The Cubs have Castro. I can't see the Reds or Pirates spending here, and the Brewers have Segura.

In the West, the Dodgers have Hanley. The Rox have Tulo. The Giants could be a possibility as they need to add offense. The D-Bax have Gregorius and Owings, and the Padres have Everth Cabrera.

That leaves the Cards, Tigers, Mets, and Giants as his potential market. I think the Cards are the logical fit.

Ellsbury's market is not much wider. I see the Tigers, Rangers, Mets, Mariners, Nationals, and Giants.

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jake Peavy must have really enjoyed his ride in the Red Sox World Series parade.

The right-hander said on Twitter that he bought one of the duck boats that carried the team through the streets of Boston on Saturday to celebrate its championship.

Seen that. Very cool. But where's he gonna keep it?

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seen that. Very cool. But where's he gonna keep it?

I would think that would be the least of his worries, as, like many high paid star athletes, he probably has a 10 car garage that it would fit quite nicely in.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because, sometimes, a penalty is actually a perk -

With the A's lease-extension negotiations bogging down in Oakland, officials from Major League Baseball have introduced the idea of having the Giants share AT&T Park with the Athletics in 2014, this newspaper has confirmed.
However, it's unlikely such an arrangement will take place unless the Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum Commission fails to reach agreement on the A's request to extend their lease at O.co Coliseum for five years or less. The team's agreement to play at O.co expired at the conclusion of the 2013 season. But with MLB still wrestling with both the A's request for a move to San Jose as well as no feasible new ballpark plan surfacing in Oakland, the team wishes to keep playing at O.co until that issue is settled.
Negotiations on a lease extension have been ongoing for more than six months and differences have surfaced on concessions revenue and length of the extension. \
Representatives of the A's expected the terms to be resolved by now and still expect the team to play in Oakland in 2013 and for several more years. But with lease-extension talks stalling, Major League Baseball has become a party to the negotiations because it administers the schedule and needs to inform opponents where home games will be played.
The Giants could be forced to accept the unique sharing agreement for the same reason that the A's have been denied their request for a San Jose move -- because MLB has an antitrust exemption that gives it special powers to control franchise movement.
Two teams sharing a Major League ballpark would not be unprecedented. The Dodgers and the Angels both played in Dodger Stadium while Anaheim was building its new ballpark in the 1960's, and the Yankees and the Mets shared Shea Stadium during a Yankee Stadium remodeling project in the 70's.

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would think that would be the least of his worries, as, like many high paid star athletes, he probably has a 10 car garage that it would fit quite nicely in.

:lol:

Thumbs up to Napoli & Peavy for the coolest ways to celebrate a WS pennant

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On this date in baseball history back in 2002, Jason Jennings was named N.L rookie of the year, and Eric Hinske won for the A.L.

How time files, in the Jennings was done being an MLB player in 2009, with Hinske being done as a regular player in 2007, and is probably totally done now after just a few a.b's with the D-Backs this year.

Things that make you go hmmmmm....

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jennings' 4.95 ERA looks bad, but he did pitch most of his career at Coors. His career ERA+ is 98. Still not good by any means, but not bad either. Didn't realize he pitched so well in '06 (or any years, for that matter).

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jennings' 4.95 ERA looks bad, but he did pitch most of his career at Coors. His career ERA+ is 98. Still not good by any means, but not bad either. Didn't realize he pitched so well in '06 (or any years, for that matter).

As there was nothing else going on here, I just wanted to illustrate how badly and quickly ROY kids can sometimes flame out.

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Both, according to Boras

Hope you're wrong on Ellsbury.

Drew is more expendable due to our infield depth, but I want to keep him.