• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dodgers want EVERYBODY!; Cano to play 3B?

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because, sometimes, a penalty is actually a perk -

With the A's lease-extension negotiations bogging down in Oakland, officials from Major League Baseball have introduced the idea of having the Giants share AT&T Park with the Athletics in 2014, this newspaper has confirmed.
However, it's unlikely such an arrangement will take place unless the Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum Commission fails to reach agreement on the A's request to extend their lease at O.co Coliseum for five years or less. The team's agreement to play at O.co expired at the conclusion of the 2013 season. But with MLB still wrestling with both the A's request for a move to San Jose as well as no feasible new ballpark plan surfacing in Oakland, the team wishes to keep playing at O.co until that issue is settled.
Negotiations on a lease extension have been ongoing for more than six months and differences have surfaced on concessions revenue and length of the extension. \
Representatives of the A's expected the terms to be resolved by now and still expect the team to play in Oakland in 2013 and for several more years. But with lease-extension talks stalling, Major League Baseball has become a party to the negotiations because it administers the schedule and needs to inform opponents where home games will be played.
The Giants could be forced to accept the unique sharing agreement for the same reason that the A's have been denied their request for a San Jose move -- because MLB has an antitrust exemption that gives it special powers to control franchise movement.
Two teams sharing a Major League ballpark would not be unprecedented. The Dodgers and the Angels both played in Dodger Stadium while Anaheim was building its new ballpark in the 1960's, and the Yankees and the Mets shared Shea Stadium during a Yankee Stadium remodeling project in the 70's.

I just don't understand why they just can't go play in Candlestick. The 49ers won't be there after this year.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a fan of the team, I would be in favor of it as well. As we have seen many times, it may guarantee a playoff spot or playoff contention, but not World Series title.

As a fan of baseball, it is bad for the game. I also favor a floor, and I think when I wrote about it a couple of years ago, I suggested a floor of about $75mm. Believe it or not, not many teams were below that number. I think the cap number I used was about $150mm.

Indeed. And, I hope I never gave the impression that spending or spending more = championships. I just know it help more than it hurts, needing only to look at the Astros, as their 111 loss season, with a payroll about A-Rod's annual salary.

$500 Million

Elitist Douche
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good Afternoon.

Cano played third before, so he could easily adapt.

rokketmn

The Maven
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indians make a QO to Ubaldo Jimenez. Good move. He probably leaves, but they will now get a pick.

Yankees make QO's to Cano, Kuroda, and Granderson (God - I hope he takes it).

Toronto and Milwaukee do NOT make a QO to Josh Johnson and Corey Hart, respectively.

I believe the deadline is 4pm today to make the offers.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't understand why they just can't go play in Candlestick. The 49ers won't be there after this year.

My thoughts exactly Moxie, with playing there being both more suitable, and a more suitable penalty for having to play in someone else's yeard.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simmons is the only player I'd vote for. There's many other players from that era that are more deserving (Grich, Dwight Evans, etc.) than those on this ballot.

:agree:

RedSoxWorrld

Brock wears female undies
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good defense, but I am not a believer in Alex Smith. When he has to face a good defense, he will be exposed. If the Niners had a half-way decent QB two years ago against the Giants in the Championship game, they win that game. He is afraid to throw down the field.

The Chiefs could give the Pats a run for their money, but not the Broncos.

if not for two fluke-ish plays, the Niners win that game

and lose to the Pats in the SuperBowl

Smith had a hell of a postseason that year

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
want to keep Ells also, but at what price?

he wants crawford money

He's worth it , IMO.

Best lead-off hitter and baserunner we've had in a decade or more with most of his prime still ahead
of him.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indians make a QO to Ubaldo Jimenez. Good move. He probably leaves, but they will now get a pick.

Yankees make QO's to Cano, Kuroda, and Granderson (God - I hope he takes it).

Toronto and Milwaukee do NOT make a QO to Josh Johnson and Corey Hart, respectively.

I believe the deadline is 4pm today to make the offers.

See page # 1, post # 10...

rokketmn

The Maven
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's worth it , IMO.

Best lead-off hitter and baserunner we've had in a decade or more with most of his prime still ahead
of him.

He's asking what price would you pay for Ellsbury. I know you value defense, so you would give him $200mm for 10 years.

I wouldn't go more than 5yrs/$90mm. Speed doesn't age well, and it's not as if Ellsbury is an on base machine. When the speed starts declining, the average and OBP will go with it.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That ass belongs to Robyn Fenty, aka Rihanna.

*SLAP*[/QUOTE]

Nice Chris Brown sound effect......

Funny how putting a name to it can take it from "yes please" to "no thank you"...