• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dodgers rumored to get Greinke

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn. They've turned into the Yankees of the west.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn. They've turned into the Yankees of the west.

It's insane the amount of money they're throwing around. Kinda makes me hope they suck it up this season.

REAL_Harrison

Amateurstitute
Hoopla Cash
$ 510.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's nuts, I'd heard it was pretty likely he was going to the Rangers but I guess the Dodgers made him an offer he couldn't refuse

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's nuts, I'd heard it was pretty likely he was going to the Rangers but I guess the Dodgers made him an offer he couldn't refuse

I don't guess it's official, it does say "closing in on" but it would be damn near impossible to turn that much money down...... hell, I 'd play for Al Qaeda for that much money.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The dodgers will regret this ludicrous spending in a few years. Especially when kershaw becomes a FA and they've priced themselves out of their own market for him. Greinke is good. He's a fringe ace. But he's not worth that. He's not worth more than cole Hamels.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The dodgers will regret this ludicrous spending in a few years. Especially when kershaw becomes a FA and they've priced themselves out of their own market for him. Greinke is good. He's a fringe ace. But he's not worth that. He's not worth more than cole Hamels.

Like I said in another thread the Dodgers are getting a TV deal that makes the one the Angels have look like peanuts.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said in another thread the Dodgers are getting a TV deal that makes the one the Angels have look like peanuts.

Say what you want, but exorbitant spending of this level usually ends up biting the team in the ass down the road. See the Yankees right now.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many World Series do the Yankees & Dodgers have in comparison to the Rangers?

That's really got nothing to do with the conversation. How much longer have the yankees and dodgers been around than the rangers? That's a pretty weak argument to go with there.

Btw, the rangers have built an annual contender with a smart business model. The rangers will get their WS. They've only had good ownership and management for few years and its really turned that franchise around.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's really got nothing to do with the conversation. How much longer have the yankees and dodgers been around than the rangers? That's a pretty weak argument to go with there.

Btw, the rangers have built an annual contender with a smart business model. The rangers will get their WS. They've only had good ownership and management for few years and its really turned that franchise around.

The bottom line is the landscape of baseball has changed. When teams like the Dodgers are able to spend like there's no tomorrow & don't care about a proposed cap it's bad news for everybody else. I don't think Greinke is going to guarantee them a spot in the postseason. However, they might not be done.

The Rangers are said to be in on just about every big name on the UFA market. Signing Hamilton is now more important because they traded away Young. Word is they saved 7 million. Big whoop. It's a good thing the Rangers have the #1 rated farm system in baseball because if they want guys like Upton & Shields they're going to need it. I thought the Rangers were going to beat the Cardinals. That was an epic choke. They still haven't recovered from it.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bottom line is the landscape of baseball has changed. When teams like the Dodgers are able to spend like there's no tomorrow & don't care about a proposed cap it's bad news for everybody else. I don't think Greinke is going to guarantee them a spot in the postseason. However, they might not be done.

The Rangers are said to be in on just about every big name on the UFA market. Signing Hamilton is now more important because they traded away Young. Word is they saved 7 million. Big whoop. It's a good thing the Rangers have the #1 rated farm system in baseball because if they want guys like Upton & Shields they're going to need it. I thought the Rangers were going to beat the Cardinals. That was an epic choke. They still haven't recovered from it.

Trading away young made them much better. Not worse.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trading away young made them much better. Not worse.

I think Michael Young is one of the most underrated players in baseball. He can play so many positions & is an outstanding hitter. I understand why the Rangers made the move, however they better sign Hamilton & add to their pitching staff.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Michael Young is one of the most underrated players in baseball. He can play so many positions & is an outstanding hitter. I understand why the Rangers made the move, however they better sign Hamilton & add to their pitching staff.

No. He's always been a glorified singles hitter with below average OBP that never hit for much power in one of the most offense oriented parks in baseball. His defense is absolutely attrocious and his versatility is vastly overrated, and he has always had a major propensity for rolling over into GIDP's. In fact, last year I think he lead baseball in GIDP's. He was a great player on a number of bad teams, but he's run his course. Last year he drove in less than 70 rbi's hitting from the #5 spot most of the year and posted a -2.75 fWAR last year making him the second worse player in baseball in front of only Jeff Francouer.

Thank you for your service, but his time has come and this team is better with MY gone. Addition by subtraction.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. He's always been a glorified singles hitter with below average OBP that never hit for much power in one of the most offense oriented parks in baseball. His defense is absolutely attrocious and his versatility is vastly overrated, and he has always had a major propensity for rolling over into GIDP's. In fact, last year I think he lead baseball in GIDP's. He was a great player on a number of bad teams, but he's run his course. Last year he drove in less than 70 rbi's hitting from the #5 spot most of the year and posted a -2.75 fWAR last year making him the second worse player in baseball in front of only Jeff Francouer.

Thank you for your service, but his time has come and this team is better with MY gone. Addition by subtraction.

Maybe if the Rangers stopped moving him to a different position every year he would have been better defensively. It's hard for me to believe changing positions every year didn't affect his offense. Young isn't a power hitter. He's not a guy who's going to hit 30 homers every year. The Phillies got themselves their 3B. The Rangers saved some money & added 2 more prospects to their pool. Good deal for both clubs.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe if the Rangers stopped moving him to a different position every year he would have been better defensively. It's hard for me to believe changing positions every year didn't affect his offense. Young isn't a power hitter. He's not a guy who's going to hit 30 homers every year. The Phillies got themselves their 3B. The Rangers saved some money & added 2 more prospects to their pool. Good deal for both clubs.

Lets see who they replaced him with. Elvis Andrus at ss and Ian Kinsler at 2b. Both vastly superior defenders. Look, he's not a good defensive 3b. That's the truth Texas improved their lineup by subtracting him.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets see who they replaced him with. Elvis Andrus at ss and Ian Kinsler at 2b. Both vastly superior defenders. Look, he's not a good defensive 3b. That's the truth Texas improved their lineup by subtracting him.

I don't blame the Rangers for making the moves they made. However, when you're paying a Young 17M per year one tends to believe he would know where he's going to play everyday. He'll be fine in Philly.

What the Dodgers are doing is incredible. I hate if for my Padres & the rest of MLB. When a team doesn't have to worry about the cap in 2014 it should concern everyone. Especially since the Yankees have made it clear they won't go over it.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't blame the Rangers for making the moves they made. However, when you're paying a Young 17M per year one tends to believe he would know where he's going to play everyday. He'll be fine in Philly.

What the Dodgers are doing is incredible. I hate if for my Padres & the rest of MLB. When a team doesn't have to worry about the cap in 2014 it should concern everyone. Especially since the Yankees have made it clear they won't go over it.

Yeah, that contract was the last remaining albatross from the Tom hicks era.

And yes, I hate what the dodgers are doing to baseball right now, and I really hope they don't see the playoffs for another decade.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Royals just acquired James Shields & Wade Davis from Tampa Bay. They gave up Will Meyers & other prospects. I don't like the deal from the Royals perspective. Shields is only under control for 2 years. Meyers is one of the best prospects in all of baseball.

That's another pitcher off the market. The Dodgers also signed Ryu to a 6 year 36M deal. On top of paying his Korean team something like 25M. It's beyond ridiculous at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Royals just acquired James Shields & Wade Davis from Tampa Bay. They gave up Will Meyers & other prospects. I don't like the deal from the Royals perspective. Shields is only under control for 2 years. Meyers is one of the best prospects in all of baseball.

That's another pitcher off the market. The Dodgers also signed Ryu to a 6 year 36M deal. On top of paying his Korean team something like 25M. It's beyond ridiculous at this point.

Yeah the royals got fleeced on that deal big time. I'd be pissed if I was a fan.