• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dodgers rumored to get Greinke

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dickey is an ace. I know the knuckleball scares a lot of people, but he did win the NL Cy Young. I certainly wouldn't give up Profar or Olt, but the Rangers know him well & I'm sure if they can find a middle ground on compensation & sign Dickey to a 2 year extension it would be a solid acquisition.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dickey is an ace. I know the knuckleball scares a lot of people, but he did win the NL Cy Young. I certainly wouldn't give up Profar or Olt, but the Rangers know him well & I'm sure if they can find a middle ground on compensation & sign Dickey to a 2 year extension it would be a solid acquisition.

He's not in the same class as kershaw, Hernandez, Verlander, price, or Strasburg if that's what you're insinuating.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, well if there's nothing out there you don't drastically overpay for a mid rotation pitcher just to do something.

Shields is not a mid rotation guy. Hes a #2 pitcher and probably the est one out there. His last 2 years are pretty close to ace quality

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah i wouldnt mind him at all i think dickey is under the tru aces out there but not by much

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think the Mets should sign and trade Dickey. The extra 2 years might get them another prospect as team's would be sure they're not just getting a rental player. I wish they would just take a prospect for him. They're asking too much with the top prospect, + requests and the longer they wait to sign him the more strained the relationship with him becomes.

Realistically if the Rangers are offering Olt, the Mets should have dealt Wright and traded Dickey for Olt.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think the Mets should sign and trade Dickey. The extra 2 years might get them another prospect as team's would be sure they're not just getting a rental player. I wish they would just take a prospect for him. They're asking too much with the top prospect, + requests and the longer they wait to sign him the more strained the relationship with him becomes.

Realistically if the Rangers are offering Olt, the Mets should have dealt Wright and traded Dickey for Olt.

Apparently Dickey has told the Mets if they don't give him 2 years 26M he's going to walk at the end of the year. It's time for the Mets to make up their minds.