• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Do the niers lose to rams on purpose

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if 9ers win vs Seattle and saints lose this weekend. The 9ers would have the bye locked up. By losing to the rams, it would make the rams have a better record and make it so they cant get the first over all pick. If the rams trade the first overall pick then they will get a lot of good pieces or if they take Luck they will have a great QB for at least a decade.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that scenario played out and the packers lose as well, then the #1 seed could still be had so beating the rams would be nice especially if the Pack lost again in week 17. But if the #1 seed is out of reach then no i dont think we would lose on purpose, we would probably just rest our starters some and could possibly lose like that. Even then i bet we would still win lol

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
if 9ers win vs Seattle and saints lose this weekend. The 9ers would have the bye locked up. By losing to the rams, it would make the rams have a better record and make it so they cant get the first over all pick. If the rams trade the first overall pick then they will get a lot of good pieces or if they take Luck they will have a great QB for at least a decade.

I had the same crazy thought this morning.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
can't think of any reason i'd want to lose a game, none.

can't imagine Harbaugh in pre-game, asking his players to "lay down"?

if Harbaugh doesn't say anything, players will know if the game plan/play calling is purposely losing. don't do it.

to me we just play to win and AFTER the season is over, everyone slots where they slot. this is the same feeling even when we had a bad record, with fans were hoping for a higher spot by losing.

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
can't think of any reason i'd want to lose a game, none.

can't imagine Harbaugh in pre-game, asking his players to "lay down"?

if Harbaugh doesn't say anything, players will know if the game plan/play calling is purposely losing. don't do it.
to me we just play to win and AFTER the season is over, everyone slots where they slot. this is the same feeling even when we had a bad record, with fans were hoping for a higher spot by losing.

True. You don't want to even give the players an inkling that the coaches are tanking a game

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Niners are going to worry about themselves and things they can control. I doubt the coaching staff is concerned with where the Rams are picking at this point.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What kind of message would that send to the players? The culture of losing should not be tolerated.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What kind of message would that send to the players? The culture of losing should not be tolerated.

yep, who would've thought he'd change the culture within year 1? now that he's changed it (ie won many games), continue with the 'structure', 'system', or whatever you want to call it.

to me doesn't matter if we're 11-3 or 3-11, you play to win.

btw - not on Indy for winning two in a row, to me good for them. cause they're professionals with pride, they want to win for themselves, not for the draft.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't know about lose on purpose in this type of situation, but I do think that Kaep should get the start, along with no Gore, no Rodgers, no Willis, no Justin Smith, and no Bowman. All the other regs should only get a half or a quarter to work on some things. I also would make sure Aldon was starting and playing the whole game...the Seahawk game too.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that scenario played out and the packers lose as well, then the #1 seed could still be had so beating the rams would be nice especially if the Pack lost again in week 17. But if the #1 seed is out of reach then no i dont think we would lose on purpose, we would probably just rest our starters some and could possibly lose like that. Even then i bet we would still win lol

We have a better shot at beating the Packers if we play in Green Bay, hopefully in the snow.
I'm not saying lose on purpose, I'm just throwing out that fun fact.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't know about lose on purpose in this type of situation, but I do think that Kaep should get the start, along with no Gore, no Rodgers, no Willis, no Justin Smith, and no Bowman. All the other regs should only get a half or a quarter to work on some things. I also would make sure Aldon was starting and playing the whole game...the Seahawk game too.

yeah ok.........if the regs can get a decent lead, go ahead and play others. wouldn't start Kaep from the get go.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah ok.........if the regs can get a decent lead, go ahead and play others. wouldn't start Kaep from the get go.

In the situation that he proposed, where we have the bye wrapped up, why wouldn't you get Kaep game experience? If something happens to Alex during the playoffs we'll need him to come in unlike a deer in the headlights. If we wrap up a bye (like Hangman's scenario proposed) I guarantee Alex sits the last game and Kaep gets a full game.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
In the situation that he proposed, where we have the bye wrapped up, why wouldn't you get Kaep game experience? If something happens to Alex during the playoffs we'll need him to come in unlike a deer in the headlights. If we wrap up a bye (like Hangman's scenario proposed) I guarantee Alex sits the last game and Kaep gets a full game.

cause i want to win first.

dez

Town Drunk
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've had too many years of losing. How can y'all not be sick of losing games at this point? Regardless of other scenerios?

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We have a better shot at beating the Packers if we play in Green Bay, hopefully in the snow.
I'm not saying lose on purpose, I'm just throwing out that fun fact.

This is not the first time I've heard this and it astounds me that people can actually believe this. The difference in how the 49ers play at home and on the road is clear.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if we have the #2 seed locked up this weekend, next week pull starters after the 1st qaurter

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is not the first time I've heard this and it astounds me that people can actually believe this. The difference in how the 49ers play at home and on the road is clear.

Well it shouldn't astound you. We've played real well on the road this season first of all. Second, the Packers are a passing team, with a weak run game and a weak defense (especially run defense). It is a well known fact that in the snow or even just very cold weather the passing game suffers. Then add to the fact that we run the ball very well, this is a way to keep the ball out of Rodgers' hands. The same way we played the Steelers is a perfect example of how we need to play the Packers, although we need to throw more shorter passes vs the longer ones down the sideline that Alex cant hit.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say no. Who cares about next year? The only important thing is to worry about winning this year.

Luck may be great, and it would suck balls to have him fall into the laps of the Rams. I'll just hope that Harbaugh and Roman know enough about him to completely derail him like Mike Holmgren fucked up Steve Young's world on the opposing sideline.