• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Division 4 one step closer to reality

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bowlsby, our friend, hahaha, who is the B12 commish and the ACC commish making noise about leaving the NCAA. I know Delaney mentioned it along with the SEC commish.

that would be totally sweet to me, just power conferences, no outside games vs the MAC or FCS, just the big dogs going at it...now if only we can dump that Iowa State game that only Hoops loves

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the attention Hawkeye!!

However, should the Division 4 become a reality...you do realize that Iowa St will join Iowa in Division 4. That means that rivalry game will continue!!!!!

I would envision Division 4 to encompass the following mega conferences totaling 16 teams per conference:
- the Big Ten
- the ACC
- the PAC-12
- the SEC

All of the current independents will be forced to join a conference. I would project the best fit for Notre Dame to be the B1G. That would bring the current conference total to 15 teams. Why not add Iowa St to the B1G???

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh hell no...Iowa State is in the Big12, keep them there, I get that you are a closet Clone fan Hoops, but ISU in the B10 does no good to no one

And the conferences are not going to expand to 16 just for this, go read some of the articles, in fact, especially if they go to this, they will be more picky about adding teams.

BYU is the only one I can see that will clamor to join and they would likely want the B12 and Boise perhaps will want the Pac 12...screw ND, they have had many chances but they are affiliated with the ACC now anyway, signed and sealed. What's left for the B10 anyway unless we poach other conferences, I do not want Memphis or someone like that.

I would be excited to dump direction school blah blah blah for say Kentucky or Kansas than what we have. Said that many times. Let's hope this happens and Iowa State drops!

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Delaney had some weird things to say yesterday...a lifetime ability to come back and get your degree as if you were on scholarship? that's nuts if you ask me, I also disagree with payments to these guys, the scholarship is enough and more, take some smart scientist and they work them to death as well and they do not get paid, while there are some stipends paid to researchers it's usually very minimal.

Then there are the scholarships where you have to work and maintain a GPA for those that are given out by the schools, but these are academic and akin to the scholarships for athletes.

One of the issues is the universities do make a ton of money from the sports stuff, but they keep it and do not spread it around, you want to do something, pass rules that say the profit goes into the general fund and is used to lower tuition and such or upgrade dorms or stuff like that.

If they are going to pay them then they are professional athletes at that point and you will see agents and such in the future, takes away from the spirit of the game if you ask me.