• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lucas's Power 5 Conference Rankings - Week 3

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell, I plain don't get some of you. 1 minute you are telling me these teams such and they are so terrible, and then the next minute even after a team almost loses to them, that team is somehow head and shoulders above the rest.

If you think Alabama is a pretty good team, then even if that other team gave up a lead, you still maybe at some point should recognize that the team that only lost by 5 points is probably a pretty good team as well, even though they lost.

It's like some of you think there are 25 power conferences and only 1 team should be ranked in it or something.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We damn near just lost to Ole Miss this weekend.

Whom many of you are saying isn't even a top15 or top25 team.

:wtf:

You nearly lost to yourselves not Ole Miss.

Alabama was completely inept to start that game and that's why they were down 24-3. As soon as Alabama got their crap together they dominated. Ole Miss then took advantage of prevent defense and an onside kick to once again make the score closer than it was.

The 45-6 run was more of an indicator of what Ole Miss is

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You nearly lost to yourselves not Ole Miss.

Alabama was completely inept to start that game and that's why they were down 24-3. As soon as Alabama got their crap together they dominated. Ole Miss then took advantage of prevent defense and an onside kick to once again make the score closer than it was.

The 45-6 run was more of an indicator of what Ole Miss is

I agree to some degree, but you aren't giving Ole Miss the credit it deserves. They made some big time plays and many teams aren't able to do that.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree they really haven't played anyone yet. And lets not forget they haven't beaten Oregon in 12 years. Another loss to a now unranked Oregon team could be deadly. It may also effect Stanford who also lost to Oregon last year. And SC could very well be fighting for a chance at the south along with several other PAC south teams. The Pac is looking like it may be a complete disaster to itself again this year.

I'm assuming you lost an AVI bet to have a guy almost as sexy as lord Brady's dad bod.

This time when they face Oregon they will finally have a great coach. I can't believe it's been 12 years.
Next week Utah could end USC's chances. Yes the PAC is struggling and I'm not sure if it's coaching or recruiting or a combination but they're falling. Gary Anderson was a disaster here at Wisconsin and now he's even worse with Oregon St.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Granted you guys aren't great, but I still think you've got a talented team. Still think the win at ND is bigger than it may look like it was on paper.
I agree with that. Michigan State showed me they are a pretty damn good team, better than I anticipated.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree to some degree, but you aren't giving Ole Miss the credit it deserves. They made some big time plays and many teams aren't able to do that.

They have the SEC's best QB and some receivers that are capable of making big plays, it could help them upset someone at some point this year, but like I've said before they have a swinging gate offensive line and a defense that will make a play in the first half but won't stop anybody in the 2nd half.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have the SEC's best QB and some receivers that are capable of making big plays, it could help them upset someone at some point this year, but like I've said before they have a swinging gate offensive line and a defense that will make a play in the first half but won't stop anybody in the 2nd half.

They'll put those big plays on everyone. Only a few teams will be able to match it.

It's not like San Jose St put those points up on them or something.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But honestly who in that conference is going to beat them?

All the other SEC teams don't look threatening.

The SEC overall has weird teams

There's the Georgia's and Tennessee's who play horribly early in their games but make comebacks/play better later

Then there's Ole Miss, Texas A&M, Arkansas and just about everyone else who have proven that they can't hold on to big leads

Who thought Louisville would beat FSU by 43 points?

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone on this board who didn't watch the game can't name a single Colorado player outside of their QB. That is not a talented team. They have beaten 2 P5 teams in the last 3 years, come on dude.

I think michigan is better than what they showed Saturday, but this sudden pimping of Colorado is absurd. The last time they were even .500 was over a decade ago, and they've averaged nearly 10 losses per year for the last 5 years.

Oklahoma is barely in the AP top 25, and Colorado is still unranked but continuing to surprise. What they did last year doesn't seem to be a factor so far. As I said last week, if Liufau continues to be able to play, Colorado will shake up the PAC-12. Just sayin'. . . I guess my assessment of them is not as off the mark as you claimed or as illogical.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does nd make the top 100

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oklahoma is barely in the AP top 25, and Colorado is still unranked but continuing to surprise. What they did last year doesn't seem to be a factor so far. As I said last week, if Liufau continues to be able to play, Colorado will shake up the PAC-12. Just sayin'. . . I guess my assessment of them is not as off the mark as you claimed or as illogical.
Nothing I said is wrong at all. Oklahoma has faced two elite teams and lost to them. Congrats to Colorado on that "big" win over an Oregon team that's collapsing. If you want to keep banging your chest over that 2 TD comeback win at home over Colorado, go right ahead I guess.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing I said is wrong at all. Oklahoma has faced two elite teams and lost to them. Congrats to Colorado on that "big" win over an Oregon team that's collapsing. If you want to keep banging your chest over that 2 TD comeback win at home over Colorado, go right ahead I guess.

Of course, nothing I said was wrong either.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing I said is wrong at all. Oklahoma has faced two elite teams and was manhandled by them. Congrats to Colorado on that "big" win over an Oregon team that's collapsing. If you want to keep banging your chest over that 2 TD comeback win at home over Colorado, go right ahead I guess.

I fixed that for you.

I don't think Colorado is anywhere near Oklahoma in terms of talent, but criticizing a Colorado win over an Oregon that you claim is "collapsing" while bragging that Oklahoma lost 2 games to tough teams is pretty disingenuous IMO, especially seeing how badly they lost those two games. Both Oklahoma AND Oregon have looked quite bad so far this college football season.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course, nothing I said was wrong either.
It's still extremely illogical. No matter how much you want to praise them, they're still a perennial loser. Fortunately for them the Pac 12 is garbage this year, so I guess if they "shake it up", congrats to them?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fixed that for you.

I don't think Colorado is anywhere near Oklahoma in terms of talent, but criticizing a Colorado win over an Oregon that you claim is "collapsing" while bragging that Oklahoma lost 2 games to tough teams is pretty disingenuous IMO, especially seeing how badly they lost those two games. Both Oklahoma AND Oregon have looked quite bad so far this college football season.
Seriously??

First off, they lost by 10 to Houston in what was essentially a home game for the Cougars. That's hardly being "manhandled".

Secondly, if you haven't been paying attention to Oregon, they look like shit. They haven't looked impressive in any of their games, especially when compared to recent years. They are a shell of what they used to be.

Thirdly, Oklahoma on the road is still a far more quality win than home vs. Colorado. It just is. If you guys seriously need to keep trying to get commendation for this win, then it says a lot about the current state of the michigan program. You guys will have a great chance to beat a top team this week, so just enjoy that.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's still extremely illogical. No matter how much you want to praise them, they're still a perennial loser. Fortunately for them the Pac 12 is garbage this year, so I guess if they "shake it up", congrats to them?

Illogical? I guess it must seem that way to an Ohio State fan.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Illogical? I guess it must seem that way to an Ohio State fan.
Treating a win over a team that has averaged nearly 10 losses per year over the last 5 years as a quality win is illogical.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Treating a win over a team that has averaged nearly 10 losses per year over the last 5 years as a quality win is illogical.

Using what a team has done in the past to judge their current performance is illogical. By that standard, Oklahoma is collapsing.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously??

First off, they lost by 10 to Houston in what was essentially a home game for the Cougars. That's hardly being "manhandled".

They lost by double digits and were down by 16 points with 2 minutes left in the game. They were ranked higher, and will likely have more NFL players than Houston, but double digits from those two teams. That my friend is a dumpster fire.

Secondly, if you haven't been paying attention to Oregon, they look like shit. They haven't looked impressive in any of their games, especially when compared to recent years. They are a shell of what they used to be.

Who exactly has Oklahoma looked good against so far? You are the one criticizing Oregon, yet you seem to give Oklahoma a pass on the fact that they have played two good teams, and haven't even come close to beating them

Thirdly, Oklahoma on the road is still a far more quality win than home vs. Colorado. It just is. If you guys seriously need to keep trying to get commendation for this win, then it says a lot about the current state of the michigan program. You guys will have a great chance to beat a top team this week, so just enjoy that.

I'm not debating that a Oklahoma win is a more quality win, but by how much? At this point, both have looked pretty bad. I'm simply pointing out your inconsistency of criticizing Oregon for two losses, yet you seem to praise Oklahoma as being a superior team to Oregon, even though they haven't come close to winning against a good team this year. Hey, if I were a OSU fan, I'd probably try to paint them as being a better team than they have shown so far this year too.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Using what a team has done in the past to judge their current performance is illogical. By that standard, Oklahoma is collapsing.
Oklahoma has two losses to two of the best teams in the entire nation. Oregon has two losses, one to a decent Nebraska team and one to a bad Colorado team. Compared to where they were 2 years ago, how they played last year and how they're playing last year, yes they're collapsing. Their situation and Oklahoma's aren't similar. I'm sorry, I can't help you understand the difference. I've done my best to make it clear but I can only do so much.