• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lucas's Power 5 Conference Rankings - Week 3

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oklahoma has two losses to two of the best teams in the entire nation. Oregon has two losses, one to a decent Nebraska team and one to a bad Colorado team. Compared to where they were 2 years ago, how they played last year and how they're playing last year, yes they're collapsing. Their situation and Oklahoma's aren't similar. I'm sorry, I can't help you understand the difference. I've done my best to make it clear but I can only do so much.

The question is how long you will stick to this line of reasoning if Oklahoma continues to collapse.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They lost by double digits and were down by 16 points with 2 minutes left in the game. They were ranked higher, and will likely have more NFL players than Houston, but double digits from those two teams. That my friend is a dumpster fire.

Who exactly has Oklahoma looked good against so far? You are the one criticizing Oregon, yet you seem to give Oklahoma a pass on the fact that they have played two good teams, and haven't even come close to beating them

I'm not debating that a Oklahoma win is a more quality win, but by how much? At this point, both have looked pretty bad. I'm simply pointing out your inconsistency of criticizing Oregon for two losses, yet you seem to praise Oklahoma as being a superior team to Oregon, even though they haven't come close to winning against a good team this year. Hey, if I were a OSU fan, I'd probably try to paint them as being a better team than they have shown so far this year too.
Still lost by 10, and we know Houston is an elite team. That was not a blowout loss. Ohio State, yes that was a blowout loss. They're not a "dumpster fire" because of a 10-point loss to a nationally elite team on the road.

Oklahoma has had 3 games, two of which came against elite top teams. Oregon has had 4 games, none of which has come against an elite team. If Oklahoma played Oregon's schedule, they'd be unbeaten, but instead they've played an extremely difficult schedule.

If you think Oregon is better than Oklahoma and that a 2 TD come from behind win against Colorado is supposed to be impressive, that's you and michgradfan's prerogative. Oklahoma on the road is an elite win, Colorado at home isn't. If you want to keep arguing that, go right ahead with someone else.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question is how long you will stick to this line of reasoning if Oklahoma continues to collapse.
Two losses to nationally elite teams = collapsing? michigan logic at it's finest.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still lost by 10, and we know Houston is an elite team. That was not a blowout loss. Ohio State, yes that was a blowout loss. They're not a "dumpster fire" because of a 10-point loss to a nationally elite team on the road.

Oklahoma has had 3 games, two of which came against elite top teams. Oregon has had 4 games, none of which has come against an elite team. If Oklahoma played Oregon's schedule, they'd be unbeaten, but instead they've played an extremely difficult schedule.

If you think Oregon is better than Oklahoma and that a 2 TD come from behind win against Colorado is supposed to be impressive, that's you and michgradfan's prerogative. Oklahoma on the road is an elite win, Colorado at home isn't. If you want to keep arguing that, go right ahead with someone else.

You keep changing the goal posts in our discussion. I've never said Oregon is better than Oklahoma, just that they are very comparable right now. Here is how:

1) Both have 2 losses
2) Both haven't won a significant game this year
3) Both have NOT lived up to pre-season expectations (especially Oklahoma)
4) Both have lost at home (Oklahoma by 3 TD's)

Outside of the fact that your team has played Oklahoma, so some how that makes Oklahoma a better team, what is the difference so far between Oklahoma and Oregon that makes you feel that one team is clearly "superior" to the other? Is it just the "eye test"? Because I've watched Oklahoma this year....they are bad so far! Especially given the fact they have returned so MUCH talent from last year's team.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You keep changing the goal posts in our discussion. I've never said Oregon is better than Oklahoma, just that they are very comparable right now. Here is how:

1) Both have 2 losses
2) Both haven't won a significant game this year
3) Both have NOT lived up to pre-season expectations (especially Oklahoma)
4) Both have lost at home (Oklahoma by 3 TD's)

Outside of the fact that your team has played Oklahoma, so some how that makes Oklahoma a better team, what is the difference so far between Oklahoma and Oregon that makes you feel that one team is clearly "superior" to the other? Is it just the "eye test"? Because I've watched Oklahoma this year....they are bad so far! Especially given the fact they have returned so MUCH talent from last year's team.
Jesus dude, you've gotta be kidding.

One team returned a ton of talent from a conference-winner and CFP participant in 2015.
One team returned about half of a team that didn't even win their division in 2015 and finished the year with a spectacular, record-setting bowl collapse.

One team has two losses vs. elite, top 6 teams.
One team has two losses to a decent ranked team and a perennial national joke.

How are you two seriously not able to understand such simple things?

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus dude, you've gotta be kidding.

One team returned a ton of talent from a conference-winner and CFP participant in 2015.
One team returned about half of a team that didn't even win their division in 2015 and finished the year with a spectacular, record-setting bowl collapse.

One team has two losses vs. elite, top 6 teams.
One team has two losses to a decent ranked team and a perennial national joke.

How are you two seriously not able to understand such simple things?

Again what is the difference "on the field" this year between the two? Any difference besides the fact that one team lost 2 games, each by double digits, to highly ranked teams and the other didn't? IMO, both teams are perennial jokes right now as Oklahoma was ranked #3 to start the season (they are currently unranked). Oklahoma was picked by most analysts to actually beat OSU at home...they then lost by 21 points. I think Oregon was barely top 25 to start the year. So in comparing them, Oklahoma looks to be more like the perennial national joke right now given the expectations they had starting the year.

I agree with you that Oklahoma is likely the superior team, and will likely prove that in the next few weeks, but again, at this point, you are simply relying on what they brought back from last years team as your measuring stick for which team is better. Both have failed on the field IMO.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again what is the difference "on the field" this year between the two? Any difference besides the fact that one team lost 2 games, each by double digits, to highly ranked teams and the other didn't? IMO, both teams are perennial jokes right now as Oklahoma was ranked #3 to start the season (they are currently unranked). Oklahoma was picked by most analysts to actually beat OSU at home...they then lost by 21 points. I think Oregon was barely top 25 to start the year. So in comparing them, Oklahoma looks to be more like the perennial national joke right now given the expectations they had starting the year.

I agree with you that Oklahoma is likely the superior team, and will likely prove that in the next few weeks, but again, at this point, you are simply relying on what they brought back from last years team as your measuring stick for which team is better. Both have failed on the field IMO.
Are you asking the difference between losing to two elite teams and losing to a decent team and a bad team? Oklahoma will be ranked again soon enough, I have no doubt. They're an extremely talented team who were simply beaten by two better teams. It happens in CFB. Normally you don't see a team face two elite teams in their first 3 games. Not a big deal. At least they're not embarrassing themselves by losing to a bad team like Colorado.

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me know when TTUN actually leaves ann arbor and plays someone difficult... Then I might start buying into the hype...

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you asking the difference between losing to two elite teams and losing to a decent team and a bad team? Oklahoma will be ranked again soon enough, I have no doubt. They're an extremely talented team who were simply beaten by two better teams. It happens in CFB. Normally you don't see a team face two elite teams in their first 3 games. Not a big deal. At least they're not embarrassing themselves by losing to a bad team like Colorado.

No. I'm simply asking you why you think Oklahoma is such a good team so far this season? Your opinion 100% based on LAST season's performance. They haven't been close in either loss so far this season (down 16 pts late in the 4th quarter against Houston, and 25 points at one point in the 3rd against OSU). They haven't beaten anyone with a pulse yet. That is all I'm saying. They are pretty much no different than Oregon right now. IMO, it's like saying that another guy's girlfriend is fat because she's 100 lbs overweight, but then bragging that you're girlfriend has much more attractive body and is only 75 lbs overweight. Neither team is looking good AT ALL right now.

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. I'm simply asking you why you think Oklahoma is such a good team so far this season? Your opinion 100% based on LAST season's performance. They haven't been close in either loss so far this season (16 pts in the 4th quarter against Houston, and 25 points at one point in the 3rd against OSU). They haven't beaten anyone with a pulse yet. That is all I'm saying. They are pretty much no different than Oregon right now. IMO, it's like saying that another guy's girlfriend is fat because she's 100 lbs overweight, but then bragging that you're girlfriend has much more attractive body and is only 75 lbs overweight. Neither team is looking good AT ALL right now.
Still beat them on the road, has TTUN even left Michigan yet?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. I'm simply asking you why you think Oklahoma is such a good team so far this season? Your opinion 100% based on LAST season's performance. They haven't been close in either loss so far this season (down 16 pts late in the 4th quarter against Houston, and 25 points at one point in the 3rd against OSU). They haven't beaten anyone with a pulse yet. That is all I'm saying. They are pretty much no different than Oregon right now. IMO, it's like saying that another guy's girlfriend is fat because she's 100 lbs overweight, but then bragging that you're girlfriend has much more attractive body and is only 75 lbs overweight. Neither team is looking good AT ALL right now.
I see what you're saying. However, the difference in seeing how Oklahoma looks right now isn't comparable to saying how good Oregon looks. 2/3 of Oklahoma's schedule has been against elite teams. 0/4 of Oregon's schedule has been. I'd be surprised if all of the sudden Oklahoma went 5-7 this year, but they don't normally tend to do well with high expectations. However, I'd be willing that all but maybe 5-6 teams in the nation would be 1-2 with Oklahoma's schedule. Oregon's schedule has been nowhere near as daunting. That's why I don't think they're comparable.

hailtoyourvictor

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And in typical biased fashion you're trying to pimp up CU to make Yer Boyz look better.

Sort of like the OSU fans that kept insisting most team would be 2-2 with Oklahoma's schedule to try to pimp up Oklahoma?

Colorado isn't a good win like Michigan fans pretend.
Oklahoma isn't a great win like Ohio St.' fans pretend.

hailtoyourvictor

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Houston is not elite.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sort of like the OSU fans that kept insisting most team would be 2-2 with Oklahoma's schedule to try to pimp up Oklahoma?

Colorado isn't a good win like Michigan fans pretend.
Oklahoma isn't a great win like Ohio St.' fans pretend.

I didn't pimp up that OK win & I haven't pimped up Ohio State at all this year. Just taking it week by week & hoping the Buckeyes have a damn good season. And I realize you're new here but your fooling yourself if you don't think there are overly biased meeeechegan homers on this site that say crazy things.

Last edited:

hailtoyourvictor

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't pimp up that OK win & I haven't pimped up Ohio State at all this year. Just taking it week by week & hoping the Buckeyes have a damn good season. And I realize you're new here but your fooling yourself if you don't think there are overly biased meeeechegan homers on this site that say crazy things.

Others have pimped Oklahoma. I'm just taking it week by week and hoping Michigan has a damn good season. If you've been here a while, then certainly you should have realized that there are Ohio St. fans on this site that say crazy things.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I didn't know any better, I'd say Michigan and OSU didn't like each other. :couch2:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Others have pimped Oklahoma. I'm just taking it week by week and hoping Michigan has a damn good season. If you've been here a while, then certainly you should have realized that there are Ohio St. fans on this site that say crazy things.

:lame:

hailtoyourvictor

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lame? I see both sides having fans that say crazy things here. Others pimped Oklahoma (and Houston because they needed to call Houston elite in order to pimp Oklahoma). BTSBuckeye just straight up lied in a different thread.

Lame would be you not conceding that there are over-zealous Michigan AND Ohio St. fans here.

hailtoyourvictor

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I didn't know any better, I'd say Michigan and OSU didn't like each other. :couch2:

I can hate Ohio St. and still be objective about how good they are and/or how good their opponents are. So many people struggle with that, though.