• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Division 4??

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OMG....Pay players as much as they want!??
CAn you imagine the checks Oregon players will receive from Phil Knight!?!?!

DUCKS will be getting the best of the best!!

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who will police these universities if they break away? I don't keep up with this crap much. :noidea:

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OMG....Pay players as much as they want!??
CAn you imagine the checks Oregon players will receive from Phil Knight!?!?!

DUCKS will be getting the best of the best!!

I read it that way as well.

But I think they are talking about as a collective unit, these 5 conferences can decide on any number they want. A number that they all must adhere to however.

I like the ring of that new name for CFB.

Nike Football Alliance

well done Dodd:clap:

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. I don't think it's going to be pay for play from what I read, they just want to give more money in the scholarship and I imagine it will be capped and equitable to all schools in the 5 conferences so one school can't out spend another.

2. They aren't talking about breaking away from NCAA oversight but changing how the big 5 are regulated in regards to the smaller money conferences.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. I don't think it's going to be pay for play from what I read, they just want to give more money in the scholarship and I imagine it will be capped and equitable to all schools in the 5 conferences so one school can't out spend another.

2. They aren't talking about breaking away from NCAA oversight but changing how the big 5 are regulated in regards to the smaller money conferences.

major buzz kill.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The future! FML!

tumblr_mj5x5iydHJ1rzglmlo1_400.gif

tumblr_mejf3hHghZ1qzh2ygo1_500.jpg

th_idiocracy-i_like_money.gif

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we'd have the NCAA version 2.0 with a few different rules?

I am assuming that is what they would have yes. But it would be ran for the betterment and separation of the BCS conferences. SO all decisions the council concluded on would be to benefit the sum of all the parts.

If they do this Cinderella in CFB will be gone.

The new CInderella teams will be conference bottom feeders. Not the Boise's and N.Illinois'

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am assuming that is what they would have yes. But it would be ran for the betterment and separation of the BCS conferences. SO all decisions the council concluded on would be to benefit the sum of all the parts.

If they do this Cinderella in CFB will be gone.

The new CInderella teams will be conference bottom feeders. Not the Boise's and N.Illinois'

the Cinderella story is only great in College basketball. (Actually would this kill March Madness??)

Anyways, besides Boise vs Oklahoma, has a mid major bowl game really ever been that exciting? It usually ends up with one of the mid majors dominating the un interested BCS boys, or vice versa.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wouldn't have a problem with an equally adjustable stipend to help these guys pay their bills and not be flat broke.....but the day high school players are being openly auctioned off to the highest bidder is the day my college sports fandom dies. I would never spend a single second of my time or dollar of my money on them again.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't have a problem with an equally adjustable stipend to help these guys pay their bills and not be flat broke.....but the day high school players are being openly auctioned off to the highest bidder is the day my college sports fandom dies. I would never spend a single second of my time or dollar of my money on them again.

you know they already do this rigtht? These players take out FAFSA bonds which is like 5-7k a year. Use that for entertainment...

Books, meals, board, all for free under their scholarship. PLUS they get one on one academic tutors.

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you really think schools like Baylor, Vanderbilt, Northwestern and the state schools like Colorado, Kansas, Indiana and Kentucky would accept anything like what you're dreaming of?

Any state schools that is, not sure why you singled out those.