• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Direction Of Your Offense

DaBearsShowPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at the Bears roster again I just realized we might have the biggest group of offensive weapons in the NFL. Obviously the Bears went for the size and strength over the speedy and quick type of Offensive Weapons. Which direction did your offense head this year, Size? Speed? Mixture?

Here are 4 of the Weapons the Bears will be using on offense this year but luckily for us our size comes with very good speed. Unlucky for us who knows how the line and Cutler will perform.

Brandon Marshall: 6'4" 230 lbs
Alshon Jeffery: 6'3" 219 lbs
Martellus Bennett: 6'6" 265 lbs
Fendi Onobun: 6'6" 260 lbs

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Horizontal.

QB - looking past the hype around Kaep, R WIlson, and RG3, Cam has had the best first 2 years ever. Size and speed.
Panzers lack proven playmakers @ WR behind Steve Smith. Someone is going to have to step up. Speed, if I had to choose one.
Greg Olsen is an emerging talent @ TE. Little bit of both.
RB - This unit (Deangelo Williams, Jonathan Stewart, Tolbert, maybe Kenjon Barner) has to produce. Mix. Barner is a Burner, rumor has it.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problems with your running back situation is your OC was to stupid to actually use them as much as he should have last year.

Nyfan1980

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Jets are trying to improve the passing game, which should be improved with the addition of Marty Mornhinweg who specializes in passing games.

He runs the WCO and from what I hear he can scheme open WRs, something we haven't had in a long time. People have noticed how much better ran our offense is so far this summer.

We have some big play WRs, which fits with Marty who likes to strike downfield.

Stephen Hill is 6'4 215 and runs a 4.2.
Clyde Gates is 5'11 and runs a 4.3.
Braylon Edwards is 6'3 215 and used to be fast, we'll see where he is now. He was 230 with the Jets last season but dropped weight on request. Lightest hes been since 2010.

Santonio Holmes is 5'11 and fast, but had a severe foot injury.

Jeremy Kerley is 5'9 and really quick, hes more of a YAC guy. Had the most big plays on our team last season.

Kellen Winslow if he can stay healthy can stretch the seam, hes looked good in camp. Jeff Cumberland can also stretch the seam.

Our OL looks to be pretty solid, should be a top 15 unit if they stay healthy.

At RB we have been pretty poor in terms of big plays, they went out and got the NFL #1 and 2 ranked backs in elusiveness last season with Chris Ivory and Mike Goodson. The Jets are intrigued with Ivory and want to see what he can do with the load. Hopefully Goodson returns to Jets camp because we need him. Ivory and Goodson could be a good 1-2 at RB if they stay healthy.

Geno Smith would bring more playmaking abilities to the Jets offense, he is fast and can run, running a 4.5 40 and he has a strong arm.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB-Drew Brees, don't need to say anything more

RB'S- This is Mark Ingram's make or break year, it's his time to take over the bulk of the carries. Him along with Pierre Thomas and Darren Sproles makes one of the better RB stables in the league imo.

WR's- Marques Colston and Lance Moore may not be flashy but they fit their roles on this team to a tee. Behind them, there is a crop of guys competing for spots including Nick Toon, Kenny Stills, and Joe Morgan.

TE-Jimmy Graham-No breakdown needed on him. Also, we picked up Ben Watson too this year. I don't know how much he still has in the tank but it'd be nice if we ran some 2 TE sets.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB - Josh Freeman - Nothing to say, just wait for the season so I dont have to defend him Anymore...
RB - Doug Martin - Pro Bowl RB
WR - Vincent Jackson - Pro Bowl WR
WR - Mike Williams - He will help form the best Duo in the NFL.

LT - Donald Penn - Pro Bowl LT
LG - Carl Nicks - Pro Bowl LG
C - Jeremy Zuttah - Average Center, actually a better Guard but very consistent, perfect fit for this Offense.
RG - Davin Joseph - Pro Bowl RG
RT - Demar Dotson - Had a so so year as the starting RT, should be much better. Already getting get reviews in Camp.

It is amazing how much Hatred there is for Josh Freeman. Look at this. 3 Starting OLinemen that are Pro Bowlers, RB Pro Bowler, WR Pro Bowler.

If Josh Freeman was not considered the Worst QB in the last 50 years by the Media, this team would be predicted for a Top 3 Offensive season.

The lastest Offensive Prediction has them at #22.

Josh Freeman must Really Suck Big Balls, to be able to degrade an Offense that bad.........

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Versatility.

The running game was solid last year, and we replaced danny woodhead with an actual running back in Blount.

Our passing game is where the change was really noticeable. Last year gronkowski was our only weapon down the field. Welker was swapped out for Amendola, and that won't help there, but Dobson will start day one and will be the only real prototypical receiver Brady has thrown to but randy moss. Boyce is faster than a lot of weapons we have had as well. I fully expect us to pound the ball until the defense has to stop it, then set Brady loose to find the holes that exposes.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Versatility.

The running game was solid last year, and we replaced danny woodhead with an actual running back in Blount.

Our passing game is where the change was really noticeable. Last year gronkowski was our only weapon down the field. Welker was swapped out for Amendola, and that won't help there, but Dobson will start day one and will be the only real prototypical receiver Brady has thrown to but randy moss. Boyce is faster than a lot of weapons we have had as well. I fully expect us to pound the ball until the defense has to stop it, then set Brady loose to find the holes that exposes.

One thing about Blount, he is NOT a Power Back. If you guys use him between the 20s and not inside the 20s you should be fine with him. In fact with Brady he should excel in that role.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no possible way he is not infinitely better than woodhead. The dude was productive but he had so little talent. Good fucking luck San Diego with that one.

Nyfan1980

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no possible way he is not infinitely better than woodhead. The dude was productive but he had so little talent. Good fucking luck San Diego with that one.

wow, I didn't know Woodhead went to the Chargers.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO the theme will be make playaction relevant again.

QB...set there, feel the back up and QB of the future are much better.

WR...Brown/Sanders/Wheaton?...quickness over flat out speed now. #2 must step up, ditto for #3 Brown is proven. I like the veterans Cotchery & Plax.

RB...Dwyer/Redman/Bell...most are expecting Bell to win the job in camp. I'm not certain he will as Dwyer has dropped the weight in a contract yr...Regardless this unit has make playaction relevant again...shotgun formation on 3rd & 2? C'mon...not Steeler football.

TE...Paulson/Spaeth...Paulson has got to be the man until pro bowler Heath Miller returns from injury...he can catch the ball, so so blocker...Spaeth was brought back to be that chipper, and blocking TE

Doctor Krieger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To become more balanced. I think that's all that needs to be said...oh, and Finley needs to catch the damn ball.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB - Josh Freeman - Nothing to say, just wait for the season so I dont have to defend him Anymore...
RB - Doug Martin - Pro Bowl RB
WR - Vincent Jackson - Pro Bowl WR
WR - Mike Williams - He will help form the best Duo in the NFL.

QB...I'd take him, not over Ben, but I think he can play, just not consistent.
RB...check, need to see it again though
WR...check
WR...this one smells of homerism...no way are those guys better than Roddy & Julio

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bills offense this year went in a strange direction they thought they would throw people off by not scoring any points.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fendi Onobun: 6'6" 260 lbs
Holy crap, he is still in the league! Im not sure if Id call him an offensive threat but he is really solid on special teams.

Rams kinda went all in on speed. Jackson, Gibson and Amendola all left. Givens, Austin, Richardson and Cook will be the burners on the team. Pettis, Stacy and Kendricks will be the possession guys. Not sure what to make of Stedman Bailey and Quick.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I like Stafford to Calvin getting Reggie Bush tells me the Lions are serious about getting their backs involved.

Megatron, Broyles, Pettigrew, Burleson, Scheffler, Bush, and Leshoure all have the makings of a really good offense! Still pass heavy but at least teams will have to take Bush seriously out of the backfield.

The O-Line will be the achilles heel if things go FUBAR.

indypatfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing about Blount, he is NOT a Power Back. If you guys use him between the 20s and not inside the 20s you should be fine with him. In fact with Brady he should excel in that role.
I don't think Pats are looking at Blount as a Power Back in the red zone. Last year even with Brady the Pats rushed for 25 TD and I don't remember any really long TD runs.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Patriots running game matures. Our O-line is one of the best in football. The receivers are younger, faster, taller, etc. Brady will be Brady. The guy I worry about will be our punter. We will never be punting.....

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problems with your running back situation is your OC was too stupid to actually use them as much as he should have last year.
We got a new one. But blocking was a factor as well. Kalil was out for 11 games, and Silatolu has yet to show the goods.