• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Difference in QB eras

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's his ammo to make himself feel better, he called me little fella in one post and I would croak this fuck in his best day, in his best years in under 30 sec

Dude, 6-2 275 pounds of twisted railroad steel, drink whiskey right out of the bottle and.................love liver!!!!

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I apologize to all on this thread that got caught in his web of silliness.
See the source image

Why are we alll here, well?

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For some reason I can't make threads, if I could I would do my thing with my interests.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 16 game season is easier than a 12, really?

No

Playing on hard ass fake grass is easier on the body than playing on grass, really?

Hard to say. Maybe not. But guys play longer than ever before and again this factor simply does not effect a QB like it does other positions who experience more contact and hit the ground more often. I'm thinking not a big factor for QBs though.

Facing 300 pound monsters is easier than facing 240, really?
Facing edge rushers running 4,7 is easier than facing 5 flat guys?

QBs don't "face" anyone. An O-lineman faces those guys. We've been through this. They get to just throw the ball away now, rather than get tackled.

Being hit by a cat who can bench 400 is easier than being hit by a guy who can't, really?

Been over this already. QBs don't take nearly the punishment they used to due to all of the rule changes. This is a particularly inarguable point.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, 6-2 275 pounds of twisted railroad steel, drink whiskey right out of the bottle and.................love liver!!!!
Not bad not bad at all, but eat some steak so you can bulk up and get stronger. You sound a lot like @Oldschool739 guys related?

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No

Guys play longer than ever before.

QBs don't "face" anyone. An O-lineman faces those guys. We' ve been through this. They get to just throw the ball away now, rathre than get tackled.

Been over this already. QBs don't take nearly the punishment they used to due to all of the rule changes. This is a particularly inarguable point.

So you are telling me QB's playing 16 game seasons are taking less punishment than those playing 12, ha!!!!! You ever had a 300 pounder drill you into cement which fake fields are?

Dude, yes a QB is facing a defense, you have to be told this?

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not bad not bad at all, but eat some steak so you can bulk up and get stronger. You sound a lot like @Oldschool739 guys related?

Spent years lifting an old VW my dad had parked in the back, so being a nice guy when I turned 10 he bought me a weight set. A birthday present.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are telling me QB's playing 16 game seasons are taking less punishment than those playing 12,
YES.....QB's were beat to hell. I'm not sure there was roughing the QB in the 50's/60's/70's.
The ball is released and DE's would take two many times 3 steps and unload. The blindside helmet direct in the back was seen in most games.
When the ran is was open season, many were speared when on the ground. My God, one would think you'd know this being an expert and all

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a little ridiculous that decades and decades ago, Metcalf would have grown up to be the same H/W/S (unlikely), and that he would be allowed to play WR in college (very unlikely)? College players were different then b/c HS players were different then b/c kids were raised differently then. It's not hard to understand. This isn't a time travel game where everything else can stay the same. I.e. can't pretend the great bump n run HOF CBs suck b/c they couldn't play under today's pro-offense, hands-off rules for defenders or like pretending Qbs today take more punishment per season than Qbs who played in the 70's, 80's, or even 90's, which is patently ridiculous (particularly considering the pressures/hits/sacks per pass attempt).

Players from today got there due to nutrition, training, league rules, and the focus of coaches--which were ALL different even a 3 decades ago and wildly different 50 years ago. That's like the idiots today who think Steph Curry and his ilk would rule the NBA back in the 80's. Shit, they'd not only not be as productive due to hand checking and defenses played back then, they'd likely also spend much of the season hurt b/c back then there was no such thing as a flagrant foul, no such thing as 3 foul shots, no such thing as a flagrant 2 ejections, no such thing as technical foul suspensions or cumulative tech suspensions, etc. Hell, insert the rules today and the Celtics, Pistons and Knicks from the 80's and 90's wouldn't have had enough players to put 5 on the court, let alone win titles.

Trying to pretend for the H/W/S of sports positions today while not also taking into account the rules of yesteryear (let alone the nutrition and training), and you're just fantasizing. If you're gonna do that, better do it with a moist towel in the bathroom, by yourself.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoa.....didn't I mention 12 games seasons vs 16?

Point.....when they had 12 game seasons the players were smaller, weaker, not the monsters that we saw later.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's his ammo to make himself feel better, he called me little fella in one post and I would croak this fuck in his best day, in his best years in under 30 sec " I'm 6'3 275 lbs and could outrun you"
Are you also single :love:

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a little ridiculous that decades and decades ago, Metcalf would have grown up to be the same H/W/S (unlikely), and that he would be allowed to play WR in college (very unlikely)? College players were different then b/c HS players were different then b/c kids were raised differently then. It's not hard to understand. This isn't a time travel game where everything else can stay the same. I.e. can't pretend the great bump n run HOF CBs suck b/c they couldn't play under today's pro-offense, hands-off rules for defenders or like pretending Qbs today take more punishment per season than Qbs who played in the 70's, 80's, or even 90's, which is patently ridiculous (particularly considering the pressures/hits/sacks per pass attempt).

Players from today got there due to nutrition, training, league rules, and the focus of coaches--which were ALL different even a 3 decades ago and wildly different 50 years ago. That's like the idiots today who think Steph Curry and his ilk would rule the NBA back in the 80's. Shit, they'd not only not be as productive due to hand checking and defenses played back then, they'd likely also spend much of the season hurt b/c back then there was no such thing as a flagrant foul, no such thing as 3 foul shots, no such thing as a flagrant 2 ejections, no such thing as technical foul suspensions or cumulative tech suspensions, etc. Hell, insert the rules today and the Celtics, Pistons and Knicks from the 80's and 90's wouldn't have had enough players to put 5 on the court, let alone win titles.

Trying to pretend for the H/W/S of sports positions today while not also taking into account the rules of yesteryear (let alone the nutrition and training), and you're just fantasizing. If you're gonna do that, better do it with a moist towel in the bathroom, by yourself.

One more time

Who was over 235 pounds running a sub 4,35 in the days of Otto Graham, give me a name.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The roots to the tree, the first speedy, elusive black RB Buddy Young. While at Illinois after he won the NCAA 100 he went on and won the USA Nationals.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After Buddy there was Ollie Matson a 1952 400m Olympic bronze medal/4x4 gold, he was amazing and in the Hall of Fame.

Speaking of the times are changin'...

Bill Russell school

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Later in the 50;s there was another Illinois speedster Bobby Mitchell a Big10 hurdlers/100 champ, he was the RB to Jim Brown FB, Talk about thunder & lightnin' there it was, both averaging over 5 yards a carry, Why he was traded is a,...??? Ernie Davis was no Bobby Mitchell.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There has been over a 1000 national caliber long jumpers, hurdlers, sprinters play pro football. Lynn Swann a Cali State long jump champ, Terry Bradshaw a stud javelin thrower, O.J.Simpson ran on a world record 4x1 team as did Mel Renfro, Bob Hayes, Charlie Frazier, Frank Budd, Earl McCullouch.

When Gale Sayers was in HS he led the nation (HS) in the long jump, 24-11

We all know about that Raider trip about speed, well here ya go that silver and black speed attack.

"A"

Olympian***

lane

1.Willie Gault 10.10 Tennesee***
2.James Trapp 10.14 Clemson
3.James Jett 10.16 WV***
4.Jacoby Ford 10.01 Clemson
5.Ron Brown 10.06 ASU***
6.Sam Graddy 10.09 Tennessee ***
7,Cliff Branch 9,2 yards Colorado
8.Alvis Whitted 10,07 NCSt

"B'

lane

1.Napolean Kaufman Cali State Champ Washington
2.Justin Fargas Cali State Champ USC
3.Michael Bennett 10.18 Wisconsin
4.Bo Jackson 10.33 Auburn
5.Tim Dwight 10,33 Iowa
6,Bo Roberson 9,5 Cornell*** long jump silver
7.Alexander Wright NFL Fastest Man Auburn
8.Rocket Ismail Notre Dame

There is no other pro franchise remotely close to that, some countries aren't close to that.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyreek Hill would be training for a shot at these Olympics if not for football. He is a legit "World Class" sprinter.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of my pet interests is that football/track connection, yep, pretty much have it covered.

Would ya believe, there have been 20 Olympic sprinters give the NFL a shot? With different degrees of success.