• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Did your team address its weakness in the offseason?

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Creating a weakness is addressing it, right? We need help on defense.

suh-to-dolphins.jpg

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BAL...not sold on Arrington as a difference maker @ slot, but those are fair grades on the needs. I might go C+ on CB because the draft pick has to be viewed as a project right now.

Steelers...CB, OLB, DT, TE, S, RB

IMO...CB...need starting caliber players outside and inside. Cortez Allen makes a big comeback and becomes the #1 CB they're paying him to be. Drafted Golson, Ole Miss 2nd rd...some draftniks felt it was a reach to take him this early. Of course the pads have not come on yet, but the early reports in OTAs...this kid will see significant snaps come Sept and might end up being the 3rd CB playing the slot.

Grant, OSU, 4th rd...they left taller players on the board, but they like his ball hawking ability...probably a depth guy this year, but should be ready to take over for Gay at worst be the 4th CB next year.

B+

OLB...need a starting caliber player...re-signed James Harrison and Moats...both will factor this year in the 4 to 6 sack range. Drafted Bud Dupree, KY 1st round...probably the most athletic player the Steelers have taken at OLB/DE in quite some time...Will back up the LOLB this year and take over in '16.

B

DT...need depth. Drafted LT Walton 6th rd C. Mich...There's a good chance he makes the 53, but probably won't be active.

C

TE...need depth, develop to starter talent...Drafted Jesse James, 5th rd, Penn St. Fits the mold of Heath Miller, has the size, etc. noted to be a good blocker...will likely make the 53.

C

S...need depth, develop to starter talent...I really felt they would go SS in the 3rd rd...they took a big WR there instead. Drafted Gerod Holliman 7th rd Louisville...great stats for a 7th rd pick, but noted to be a soft tackler...his ST play might determine his fate.

D

RB...need depth. Will Bell out for 3 games, Josh Harris will need some help. Signed via FA...DeAngelo Williams...great pick up...perfect complement to Bell.

B+

I think that's a fair assessment of the Steelers... I would say however regarding the Ravens and Slot corner Arrington I think it's a huge uptick for us bc he is replacing Matt Elam who was lost or at a minimum terrible last year playing it as he is a natural safety.

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jets really didn't... They still have a HUGE questionmark at QB, and they don't have a legitimate #1 RB... everything else they did a great job... But how good can they be with such a questionable offense(even if their defense becomes the best in football)...

They went beastmode slog through DL though, right?

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On not slog...

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to go with "not even fucking close" for a thousand Alex.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Biggest weakness was Defense overall, but more specifically pass defense. The Dallas pass rush should be night and day better than last year. Also used a first round pick on a CB/FS and will get others back with health. So yeah it was addressed. Will it actually get better? It should. Let's hope a dramatic drop off in the run game doesn't occur and offset what should be a better defense.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Biggest weakness was Defense overall, but more specifically pass defense. The Dallas pass rush should be night and day better than last year. Also used a first round pick on a CB/FS and will get others back with health. So yeah it was addressed. Will it actually get better? It should. Let's hope a dramatic drop off in the run game doesn't occur and offset what should be a better defense.
I believe our defense will be improved and the offense should continue to roll.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas just needs to rack those wins up early in the season. You guys didn't have a very good pass rush last season but you got a discount on both Gregory and Collins who were first round grade guys. I see Gregory as being a situational guy at first until he can bulk up. If the Cowboys are in solid position to make the playoffs by the time Hardy is no longer suspended I think Dallas will be really tough to beat.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas just needs to rack those wins up early in the season. You guys didn't have a very good pass rush last season but you got a discount on both Gregory and Collins who were first round grade guys. I see Gregory as being a situational guy at first until he can bulk up. If the Cowboys are in solid position to make the playoffs by the time Hardy is no longer suspended I think Dallas will be really tough to beat.

You just made me think about ATL.

Whomever was pulling the strings...Pioli, Quinn, or Demitroff...The Falcons had a lot of holes to fill, but arguably they did better than any other team.

OL is the one question mark that I still have.

Demitroff just doesn't want to admit that Baker is not worth half the money he's getting...hopefully he can get healthy, stay healthy and play RT.

FWIW...Dave Archer...the radio play by play guy (former Falcon QB you might remember him) seems to think that Schraeder is the best man for the job @ RT.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just made me think about ATL.

Whomever was pulling the strings...Pioli, Quinn, or Demitroff...The Falcons had a lot of holes to fill, but arguably they did better than any other team.

OL is the one question mark that I still have.

Demitroff just doesn't want to admit that Baker is not worth half the money he's getting...hopefully he can get healthy, stay healthy and play RT.

FWIW...Dave Archer...the radio play by play guy (former Falcon QB you might remember him) seems to think that Schraeder is the best man for the job @ RT.
Safety is pretty iffy but yea, the offensive line is going to be questionable. I hope they stay healthy. All we can really do right now is hope the zone blocking scheme is going to be a big improvement but we won't know until the season comes.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes and no.

OL
  • Acquired Grubbs which is a sizable upgrade over the likes of Mike McGlynn
  • Drafted Morse presumably to replace Hudson at C
  • Jeff Allen returns from injury
FO seems content to bet on incumbent pieces like Eric Fisher and the returning Jeff Allen improving. If not, it could, and probably will, be a rough ride again on the OL. Similar to the WR's, this was a bottom of the barrel group in the NFL last year, so it can't get too much worse, but they'll need to produce more before anyone should take it seriously.

CB Depth
  • Drafted Peters and Nelson
  • Sean Smith's contract is now in a lame duck year
  • Phillip Gaines
  • Sean Smith DUI suspension?
Probably would say they loaded this position up in anticipation of not paying Sean Smith. As for the present, it looks pretty darn interesting. One would hope they produce more turnovers than last year's woeful total. I eagerly await to see who starts on the outside opposite of Smith? Peters or Gaines? I am fairly confident Nelson wins a nickelback job.

WR
  • Drafted Conley
  • Albert Wilson? Anomaly or playable starter.
  • Signed Maclin in FA
  • De'Anthony Thomas moves to WR
This is probably the most interesting group they have as of right now of the groups I have listed. Between, Maclin, Wilson, Thomas, and Conley, that's a pretty substantial amount of speed to not only get open, but get open quickly. At least, that's how it should be in theory. They should be quite a bit better than last year's version, but that's such a low bar that it may not be saying much of anything. OL play is co-linear with WR play, along with QB play as well, so it's going to be a curious group to watch going forward.

ILB
  • Derrick Johnson returns from injury; Ramik Wilson drafted
A lot of issues with the run defense in between the 20's given the defense sat in nickel quite a bit of the time. ILB's consistently failed to plug gaps the DL couldn't handle. No idea what to expect, but it will probably be better than what Josh Mauga and JMJ provided last year.

Overall, I'd probably say they mostly stood pat on the OL minus LG and C- which tells me they are still betting on Fisher, Allen, Fulton, and/or Stephenson to well... do something. Loading up on CB's based on future need, division, and the fact the league is heading towards even more passing. WR is pretty much a whole new cupboard, so I don't think anyone knows what is coming from this group- besides that there will be a lot more than 0 WR TD's.... ILB is somewhat of a mystery. Wait and see.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two main weaknesses for Seattle were red zone efficiency and pass pro.

Graham obviously addresses the first one; infusion of some young talent on the OL at the same time two talented but injury prone players in Unger & Carpenter departed. I certainly don't expect the OL to be a strength, but it's not like they weren't already used to playing without Unger (missed final 10 games + playoffs last year) and Carpenter. I guess we'll see on that one.

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two main weaknesses for Seattle were red zone efficiency and pass pro.

Graham obviously addresses the first one; infusion of some young talent on the OL at the same time two talented but injury prone players in Unger & Carpenter departed. I certainly don't expect the OL to be a strength, but it's not like they weren't already used to playing without Unger (missed final 10 games + playoffs last year) and Carpenter. I guess we'll see on that one.
That's fair... Also be of RW's ability to run/throw it's not as pressing a need as if his last name was Manning or Brady.

I just hope we have an answer for that when he comes to Baltimore.lol

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,731.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes!!!

In free agency, we added some solid veterans to our defense in LB Lofton, DT Williams, and S Allen, and a youngster in LB Malcolm Smith. On offense, we added under-rated RB in Helu and a goal line RB in Richardson, and a backup QB in Ponder.

The draft brought us a stud WR in Cooper, and a promising DE in Mario Edwards Jr. Plus, some other players for depth.

And we upgraded our coaching staff by hiring JDR.

I give us a solid B. McKenzie had to do something to save his job, now we get to see if it pays off.

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes!!!

In free agency, we added some solid veterans to our defense in LB Lofton, DT Williams, and S Allen, and a youngster in LB Malcolm Smith. On offense, we added under-rated RB in Helu and a goal line RB in Richardson, and a backup QB in Ponder.

The draft brought us a stud WR in Cooper, and a promising DE in Mario Edwards Jr. Plus, some other players for depth.

Thots on Carr?

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,731.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thots on Carr?

He didn't have a lot of offensive talent last season but he showed signs of being a very good QB. He doesn't make many mistakes ie TO's. I think he was the best rookie QB last season, like a lot of the so called experts said.

Nice to meet you. :suds:

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't have a lot of offensive talent last season but he showed signs of being a very good QB. He doesn't make many mistakes ie TO's. I think he was the best rookie QB last season, like a lot of the so called experts said.

Nice to meet you. :suds:

I think u guys make some noise this year.... Amari Cooper is an NFL ready I saw him play many times in the SEC...I was hopin he fell in the draft but am not dumb snuff to think he'd fall to 26...lol

U as well...

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,731.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think u guys make some noise this year.... Amari Cooper is an NFL ready I saw him play many times in the SEC...I was hopin he fell in the draft but am not dumb snuff to think he'd fall to 26...lol

U as well...

I think we go 7-9 or maybe 8-8 and we'll be competitive.