• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Did your team address its weakness in the offseason?

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,731.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think u guys make some noise this year.... Amari Cooper is an NFL ready I saw him play many times in the SEC...I was hopin he fell in the draft but am not dumb snuff to think he'd fall to 26...lol

U as well...

I think we go 7-9 or maybe 8-8 and we'll be competitive.

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we go 7-9 or maybe 8-8 and we'll be competitive.
I agree...I think strides have been made

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thots on Carr?

I wanted the Patriots to draft Carr. We got Garrapolo. Jimmy G we'll see soon but so far he has looked good. Carr's success was no surprise to me. I hate that he was thrust into battle before he was ready. It happened and he weathered it - on a team with lots of holes in it. I still wonder what he might be if he had gone to the Patriots...

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Safety is pretty iffy but yea, the offensive line is going to be questionable. I hope they stay healthy. All we can really do right now is hope the zone blocking scheme is going to be a big improvement but we won't know until the season comes.

S...didn't really make a strong run at Swearinger so they feel somewhat comfortable I guess...Godfrey is getting the early nod at FS, but Allen may be the starter in Sept....Moore just needs to get healthy instead of coming back @ 75% or whatever.

OL...They signed Chester from WAS and most Skins fans are pittying Matt Ryan so idk...I'll say this about the ZB scheme...having seen the Steelers go to it with Munchak...it worked with an average OL, not loaded with road grader type linemen...Bell is a one cut and go player, but he does have power to finish the run...I like the speed and cutback factor that Freeman and company all have...I think the potential for more explosive runs is greater...it's the 1yd on 3rd down I worry about.

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted the Patriots to draft Carr. We got Garrapolo. Jimmy G we'll see soon but so far he has looked good. Carr's success was no surprise to me. I hate that he was thrust into battle before he was ready. It happened and he weathered it - on a team with lots of holes in it. I still wonder what he might be if he had gone to the Patriots...

It seems the new formula for QB's is trial by fire... Wilson, Luck,Carr et al are all part of it.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
S...didn't really make a strong run at Swearinger so they feel somewhat comfortable I guess...Godfrey is getting the early nod at FS, but Allen may be the starter in Sept....Moore just needs to get healthy instead of coming back @ 75% or whatever.

OL...They signed Chester from WAS and most Skins fans are pittying Matt Ryan so idk...I'll say this about the ZB scheme...having seen the Steelers go to it with Munchak...it worked with an average OL, not loaded with road grader type linemen...Bell is a one cut and go player, but he does have power to finish the run...I like the speed and cutback factor that Freeman and company all have...I think the potential for more explosive runs is greater...it's the 1yd on 3rd down I worry about.
I have a feeling Atlanta will turn to a fullback (DiMarco or Mooney) for 3rd and 1 situations especially on the goal line. I don't have much faith in either Coleman, Freeman, or Smith getting that extra push if the line isn't moving in their favor.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems the new formula for QB's is trial by fire... Wilson, Luck,Carr et al are all part of it.
I don't think it's all that new. Roethlisburger, Manning (both of them), Matt Ryan, Flacco, Stafford, all played as rookies. The conventional thinking of sitting a guy for a couple years to "learn" really isn't as prevalent as we think. Most of the time that only happens in situations where there's already an established high quality vet QB. Not all QBs who play right away are good, but most of the good ones played almost immediately.

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it's all that new. Roethlisburger, Manning (both of them), Matt Ryan, Flacco, Stafford, all played as rookies. The conventional thinking of sitting a guy for a couple years to "learn" really isn't as prevalent as we think. Most of the time that only happens in situations where there's already an established high quality vet QB. Not all QBs who play right away are good, but most of the good ones played almost immediately.

I was actually going to include Flacco and Big Ben etc but whenever I mention Flacco one of these dbag Patriot nut hugger turn the convo into a sh*t show... But yes I agree...