• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Did I just hear that 30 Clemson players tested positive for Covid 19 ???

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My kids had a play last night and I was talking to other parents. We ALL had the same exact fever and other hard chest cold symptoms after our kids performed in Atlanta in January. Nobody there was wearing a mask in a packed house. As far as it goes down here with parent-aged peeps and younger, we have herd immunity and it's over. Old folks should be really careful while it's still going around, but we're not going to let them ruin things for our kids.

With that in mind, any team that gets the flu out of the way before the season will have a real advantage...just like every other year's flu. If a team doesn't get this bug before games start, it'll be the biggest set-back they face.

Umm nothing says people can't get it again

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Pastor got it, beat it even though he had to spend a couple nights in ICU. My co-worker got it as well from her husband, they too beat it, however her friend got it, and unfortunately passed away from it (disclaimer, she did not go to the hospital til it was too late, she felt it was just a bad fever).

Sure most of the players will quarantine themselves and get over it. But let's just be smart and only fill stadiums so much. Include the band and student sections first.. then add regular fans. Schools will take a hit but at least the TV money can help some overcome the tix sales. If a coach dies, he dies.. he signed up for this right?

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Include the band and student sections first..
I was talking to the principal here the other day about the band just this week. He said IF...and that's a big if... they get to participate, the band director thinks he can fit them in the left section of the stadium at 6 feet apart but he may have to steal some of the season ticket holders. (And we don't have a huge band!)

DSC_6518.JPG

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought I read that many of those sailors on that ship have now gotten it again. Things change so quickly with this. What we know is that we really don't know.
They tested "positive" but it was dead virus that could not replicate.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They tested "positive" but it was dead virus that could not replicate.

I don't think they know what happens yet there's been no definitive studies. But it says here they got sick again not just tested positive. So maybe if you get it and don't get sick you could be fine getting it again but if you did get sick you could get it again and get sick again. these are sailors so not talking about 70 year olds who are already compromised.

"In a statement released earlier on Saturday when five sailors were found to have retested positive, the Navy said the sailors had "met rigorous recovery criteria, exceeding CDC guidelines," including testing negative for the virus at least twice, but have now retested positive. The statement said the sailors had been monitoring their health and adhered to social-distancing protocols while on board the Roosevelt, which has been docked in Guam following an outbreak infecting hundreds of crew members.

"These five Sailors developed influenza-like illness symptoms and did the right thing reporting to medical for evaluation," the statement said."

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was talking to the principal here the other day about the band just this week. He said IF...and that's a big if... they get to participate, the band director thinks he can fit them in the left section of the stadium at 6 feet apart but he may have to steal some of the season ticket holders. (And we don't have a huge band!)

DSC_6518.JPG
If schools limit stadium capacity then I don't see why they wouldn't just give the band a few extra sections to spread out. But what's the point if the band will be all over each other during practice, parades, performing and etc. Also first thing first, schools would need to figure out if bringing students back on campus in 2020 is a thing or not

95571687_2678953919000453_6626693345802452992_o.jpg

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Pastor got it, beat it even though he had to spend a couple nights in ICU. My co-worker got it as well from her husband, they too beat it, however her friend got it, and unfortunately passed away from it (disclaimer, she did not go to the hospital til it was too late, she felt it was just a bad fever).

Sure most of the players will quarantine themselves and get over it. But let's just be smart and only fill stadiums so much. Include the band and student sections first.. then add regular fans. Schools will take a hit but at least the TV money can help some overcome the tix sales. If a coach dies, he dies.. he signed up for this right?

Absolutely. A lot of fans (including me) complain about the players and their entitled BS attitudes. But what about the coaches? OU is now paying assistant female basketball coaches over $200,000/year. :L

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well at Kansas St.. one player got tested Friday.. and was hanging out with other players over the weekend and tested positive when the results came back Monday.. Came in contact with around 55 players..ouch.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dear me, how dreadfully awful

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are all kinds of articles about people getting sick again in China, South Korea, Europe and even in the New York area. The articles are all over the place. Yes......you can get infected a second time.

Yeah. Early research is showing that in something like 20% of the cases antibiotic resistance only lasts for a couple of months. It seems to be more prevalent in asymptomatic cases. Hopefully people who were asymptomatic once are asymptomatic again but considered how we are in early stages of this and countries aren't spending the money to test everyone I'm guessing a lot of the data is from people who happened to get tested once and turned up sick later.

I'm not an epidemiologist but thinking about it from a vaccination standpoint this really sucks. Part of me wonders if this is nothing new-a lot of people mention how they got a flu shot but got the flu anyways. Maybe small mutations in the virus may eliminate the efficacy of a vaccine in ways similar to the flu. We don't know yet.

From a college football standpoint this kinda kills the thought of getting everyone infected now so they don't get it during the season though. I don't want to advocate it, but when I saw that our starting middle linebacker was positive but asymptomatic and we had a couple of unnamed cases as well, my first thought was hopefully Amen gave it to his roommate (Hubbard) and now they are both good for the season. Knowing they could get it now and get it again in October, well all I can say is crap.

We've seen hundreds of instances where players in any sport get the flu and just play through it. Considering how this seems to have a mild impact with young healthy individuals we may see a similar mindset with this. Someone is asymptomatic and we know transmission is rare there so they just play through it. I don't know if this is right or wrong but if it's something that just doesn't go away it might be where we go to.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Mack can bring in good talent.
North Carolina is a team to watch this year.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Mack can bring in good talent.
North Carolina is a team to watch this year.
best thing to happen to him was sitting out those 5 years and reflecting on how it went so bad for him at Texas.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reports I'm getting is that football season may be cancelled. It's not worth the risk having these kids get sick and die because of the COVID.

Also, all the fans? Can't risk them either.

RIP 2020 CFB season