• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Did I just hear that 30 Clemson players tested positive for Covid 19 ???

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Kaplony

So what's the word.
Is it all football players, or a lot of other athletes

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's really smart. Give the team herd immunity before practice starts. Now, all the BS conversation about the chinese chest cold is rendered mute.

They're pretty clever over there at Clampsun.

RubinRock

Has a Well-Known Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's really smart. Give the team herd immunity before practice starts. Now, all the BS conversation about the chinese chest cold is rendered mute.

They're pretty clever over there at Clampsun.
517d1cb5278ecbf4-thank-you-gif-thank-you-meme-and-animated-gifs.gif

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't have to be large groups. When you bring an infected person(s) togehter with an uninfected person(s) and both are cavalier idiots that won't/don't use the proper protocols, transmission occurs. That's what happened here. We had a couple that went all over the place infecting 28 other people one or two at a time because of the "That shit ain't real. We're gonna do what we want to. Ain't nobody telling us to stay apart and wear masks. This is merica by gawd"

I swear we are breeding idiots here in the oil patch!
oh i know, but if i actually stated that logic, alot would jump all over it stating its not true, then again this isnt the PF

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As of yesterday there were 28 positive tests, 25 of those were football players, the other 3 were staff members.

Does this seem high to you??
Wonder if this is going to be the norm among most teams.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My kids had a play last night and I was talking to other parents. We ALL had the same exact fever and other hard chest cold symptoms after our kids performed in Atlanta in January. Nobody there was wearing a mask in a packed house. As far as it goes down here with parent-aged peeps and younger, we have herd immunity and it's over. Old folks should be really careful while it's still going around, but we're not going to let them ruin things for our kids.

With that in mind, any team that gets the flu out of the way before the season will have a real advantage...just like every other year's flu. If a team doesn't get this bug before games start, it'll be the biggest set-back they face.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My kids had a play last night and I was talking to other parents. We ALL had the same exact fever and other hard chest cold symptoms after our kids performed in Atlanta in January. Nobody there was wearing a mask in a packed house. As far as it goes down here with parent-aged peeps and younger, we have herd immunity and it's over. Old folks should be really careful while it's still going around, but we're not going to let them ruin things for our kids.

With that in mind, any team that gets the flu out of the way before the season will have a real advantage...just like every other year's flu. If a team doesn't get this bug before games start, it'll be the biggest set-back they face.

Right. Herd immunity. The virus antibodies only last a few months in any measurable amount. That is NOT herd immunity. It's happened all over the world. Herd immunity is an elusive dream with this virus. Most people beat it but there is no "herd immunity" because they can get it again.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right. Herd immunity. The virus antibodies only last a few months in any measurable amount. That is NOT herd immunity. It's happened all over the world. Herd immunity is an elusive dream with this virus. Most people beat it but there is no "herd immunity" because they can get it again.

K. I had it in january and didn't get tested for antibodies until 3 weeks ago...and was loaded with them. A couple variations have been seen (China's probably pumping them out), so that could be the case with reinfection.

Propaganda is fun. It's the flu - we're all going to get it. So, let's get on with it, and life.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just going to say, I somehow doubt there's a season. Every time a single player comes back positive, it's going to cause basically the entire team to quarantine for two weeks. I don't know how you play a season like that, even if there's no fans in the stands.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just going to say, I somehow doubt there's a season. Every time a single player comes back positive, it's going to cause basically the entire team to quarantine for two weeks. I don't know how you play a season like that, even if there's no fans in the stands.
Stop trying to run from Washington.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe play it like every other bad flu season we have experienced, since forever.
Yeah, except this one has already killed about double what a normal "bad" flu season does and it's done it in just 4 months. You also have to factor in the schools are going to be held responsible for these players' safety. So if one does get sick, gets a terrible complication or even dies; you know the family will be out to sue for blood.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, except this one has already killed about double what a normal "bad" flu season does and it's done it in just 4 months. You also have to factor in the schools are going to be held responsible for these players' safety. So if one does get sick, gets a terrible complication or even dies; you know the family will be out to sue for blood.
coronavirus16.jpg

coronavirus34.jpg

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have thought about this situation a lot and I have the perfect solution. The players can wear SCUBA diving suits with the tanks on their backs. Just put some cleats on the flippers and away you go. Why do I have to come up with all the good ideas around here?

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please raise your hand if you believe that when these guys were at home they were staying away from friends and following social distancing guidelines.

a1a13be6a34073836032cdafb62c6c5c.jpg

So it would be better for these kids to get it at home instead of in a place where they have excellent nutrition and are in the shadow of some of the most excellent healthcare money can buy?