• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Did Brady just admit to deflating the balls?

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So a serious question: I assume the balls for the Super Bowl are not handled by either team? Does this help explain Brady's losses to Eli?

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have no credibility since you lied about being a Vietnam POW.
-------
No you have no credibility because you couldn't prove anything. :L

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That pussy knocked your team out of the playoffs, and your ass was a no-show for a week.

Great post. No deflection at all. It also definitely proves that the team you root for doesn't cheat.

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, most everyone is missing what happened, anyone who understands basic science (which would eliminate most posters here) could do it easily.

As the temperature drops, so does air pressure, which is why car tires lose pressure in cold weather. NASCAR has researched this in great detail. Trust me, just like a world class golfer can tell how tight a compression his gold balls are wound, so too a world class professional QB knows how a few pounds pressure can make a difference in touch on a ball.

So, the Patriots simply put the balls in a very warm room or put heated air inside them. When measured, the balls would be inside legal limits, but outside in the cold, the pressure would drop, easily a couple of pounds on a day as cold as Sunday.

Notice how that both Belichick and Brady were careful to not say that someone ELSE might have knowledge, but that they didn't. As the church lady would say, "how convenient."

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to admit that there is no way anyone on the Patriots staff would do something to the balls without the quarterback's approval. I doubt it had any impact on the game though since about midway through the second quarter the Patriots were told to use Indy's balls and they absolutely destroyed the Colts in the second half with regulation balls.

Sgthall999

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great post. No deflection at all. It also definitely proves that the team you root for doesn't cheat.

Wrong, if you read one of my post on another thread dedicated to this shit. You will see that I believed BB but still skeptical of Brady and whoever else involved, since the QB is more hands on with the football than ANY other person on the field or sideline. Does that mean he did it, I don't know yet until we finally hear the official ruling from the commish. Until then I guess carry on with jumping to conclusions. :clap:

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to admit that there is no way anyone on the Patriots staff would do something to the balls without the quarterback's approval. I doubt it had any impact on the game though since about midway through the second quarter the Patriots were told to use Indy's balls and they absolutely destroyed the Colts in the second half with regulation balls.

Could have affected the closer game against Baltimore, though. Playing with balls that are easier to throw and harder to fumble could easily account for a 4 point difference and a lot more. Especially in frigid weather.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahah how's the kool-aid tasting homer? Do you also believe that hernandez is innocent? :L

what-a-fucking-retard.jpg

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not working dude. The coach of your team is still a cheating douchebag and the QB of your team is still lying, cheating, whining pussy.

Says the angry troll, fan of a team that employs a man who pours bleach on his significant other and child. And formerly employed a man who was a participant to a murder.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team will be caught for tampering or simply using illegal balls and punished...not individually but as a team. I don't see the comedy it's pretty cut and dried I'm just not sure how severe the punishment will be.

Rogers said he liked an overinflated ball but no one caught him with one. He didn't lie about it and for all we know he's never played with an illegal ball....he just said that he preferred it to be overinflated. For most football situations I don't know why anyone would complain about overinflation as it's harder to catch and easier to fumble. There you go Kojak....

How can it be cut and "dried" when we haven't heard from the league yet? We don't even know what the balls actually tested out yet. For example were they exactly 2 psi under? Were they various amounts of psi under? Was the intial report mistaken and it was .2 psi under? (This last one is curious to me because BB made it a point to use and example that was that exacty number under. And this is a man that when using specific information is trying to pass on specific information.)

You hate all things Patriots and are blinded by your hatred, pure and simple.

Why not take a step back and do two things.

1. Wait for all the facts to come out before passing judgement.

And,

B. Wait for all the facts to come out before passing judgement.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-------
No you have no credibility because you couldn't prove anything. :L

Proved it beyond doubt. The time frame you gave, and the service you supposedly served in, along with the fact you stated you were drafted. There is in fact no person that meets that criteria to have been held POW in the Vietman Conflict.

You're a phoney.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Umm no they didn't. There was a second set of approved balls that were used. Often times the NFL will direct teams to supply extra balls pregame for approval when the weather is expected to be bad.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Money's motto: What I want to be true is fact. What I don't want to be true is bullshit.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Says the angry troll, fan of a team that employs a man who pours bleach on his significant other and child. And formerly employed a man who was a participant to a murder.

If deflection is going to be your approach, at least get your facts straight. Otherwise...you just sound stupid.

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Proved it beyond doubt. The time frame you gave, and the service you supposedly served in, along with the fact you stated you were drafted. There is in fact no person that meets that criteria to have been held POW in the Vietman Conflict.

You're a phoney.
-------
Says the guy who was there at the time---not. You don't even know my name so you can't verify anything. Evey conflict has "unreportable conflict". You'd know that if you ever served on a war front even for a half year. You haven't so stop playing officer know it all. You forget the most important criteria--whether or not it was ever reported. You cannot nor will you ever be able to disprove just because it's not on the books. But continue acting the child.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Money's motto: What I want to be true is fact. What I don't want to be true is bullshit.

I guess it's just a huge coinky dink that whenever cheating is brought up, it's the Patriots that are in the spotlight. Let me guess...everyone is just jealous. Remind me again when they last hoisted a Lombardi??? Yeah..so jealous...

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF happened to the image I posted? We got a mod protecting Flyer? Cripes.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally i do not care about this anymore the NFL will handle it and thats that,on to the SB.