• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Did Brady just admit to deflating the balls?

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 490.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deflated on what scale? Compared to being measured pregame? Where they in fact measured on a guage pregame and recorded?

Take off your team hat and step back and look at it from an investigative perspective. I have to do it every day even when it involves those I work with.

Deflated to where they were illegal according to the NFL rulebook, in that regard the prior measurement doesn't mean shit. Fact is during the game the Pats were playing with illegally deflated footballs, the pregame measurement doesnt refute that if it did or did not occur.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I have another couple of hunches I'm curious about.

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wendell did it at the 40 yard line with a tiny pin. Or was it in the conservatory?

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deflated to where they were illegal according to the NFL rulebook, in that regard the prior measurement doesn't mean shit. Fact is during the game the Pats were playing with illegally deflated footballs, the pregame measurement doesnt refute that if it did or did not occur.

Sure it does, especially if the officials never got a base line. If they did not then it's not on the Pats it's on the NFL officials.

Once they are submitted, and approved, it's no longer the responsibility of the team in question, it's on the league at that point.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So no one knew these balls were deflated. No one could tell they are 2 lbs light...are we sure this really even happened?

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So no one knew these balls were deflated. No one could tell they are 2 lbs light...are we sure this really even happened?

Actually at this point we don't even know if that report is accurate.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How it's coming together so far from what I have heard at this point,

The balls were submitted to the officials as per norm for the Pats. The officials "checked" them but never actually used a guage. The league was then notified there was an issue and they checked them again at halftime but had no base line to go by.

Now I'm willing to change this opinion as more information comes in, and I suspect more will, it's just a question of will it be in favor of the league, or in favor of the Patriots.

Look...everyone understands nothing (of any substance) is really going to happen to the Patriots. They will deflect, deflect, deflect until it goes away. Was this done...was that done...was every procedure followed by the letter of the law. This isn't a court of law though. This is the court of public opinion...and the public doesn't like cheaters (for the most part). It might help matters if they weren't so freaking smug and condescending even after being caught. But they are who they are.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is the league really going to care HOW the balls got deflated or by whom? All they will know for sure is that the Pats were playing with illegal footballs and someone on the Pats or the Pats organization itself will need to pay a penalty of some kind.

It's kind of like when players fail a piss test and then claim there must have been some unknown ingredient in their supplements or they must have been around second hand smoke from weed at a party or some other excuse. The NFL doesn't give a shit. They just know the player failed a test and a penalty needs to be dealt out. Same here, the balls on the Pats sideline, for whatever reason, failed a test and so the NFL is bound to proceed based on that single fact.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 490.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure it does, especially if the officials never got a base line. If they did not then it's not on the Pats it's on the NFL officials.

Once they are submitted, and approved, it's no longer the responsibility of the team in question, it's on the league at that point.

A baseline? The "baseline" is the parameters set out for psi in the rulebook, and it is no way relative to the pregame measurement. Fact is during the game the Pats balls were illegal according to the rulebook.

:wtf2:

U confused?

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the first half NE used underinflated balls and outscored indy 17-7
In the second half they used regulation balls and outscored indy 28-0.

As a seahawks fan, hopefully brady tries to "cheat" again in the superbowl

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I'm glad that Brady at least tried to straighten the whole thing out. I was worried there for a while. I wish he knew more so he could tell us how it all happened but it seems as though he's as stumped as the rest of us. When he preps balls he only checks the laces and stuff and he doesn't squeeze them. That's too bad. If he squeezed them, he might know the difference. He says that 12.5 is perfect but he doesn't squeeze them so I suppose we'll just have to take his word on that.

At the start of the second half, the refs stopped play for over a minute and switched out balls right in front of Tom but you know, he's such a competitor, he was too much in the zone to notice.

My heart went out for him. The poor guy. Those reporters were asking unfair questions like if anybody had contacted him from the league. Then one of them had the gall to ask if he had questioned anyone himself! Imagine.

I was kind of thinking that Bill or Tom might know something but it appears that somebody secretly did this. We may not know who's responsible before the Superbowl and it was clear from Brady's interview that he's just tortured by that thought.

Hahah how's the kool-aid tasting homer? Do you also believe that hernandez is innocent? :L

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A baseline? The "baseline" is the parameters set out for psi in the rulebook, and it is no way relative to the pregame measurement. Fact is during the game the Pats balls were illegal according to the rulebook.

:wtf2:

U confused?

So Rogers will receive what punishment based on your thinking? He openly admitted he submits balls that are "illegal" and sees if the game officials catch them.

So based on your logic the ones he sneaks by them are "illegal according to the rulebook".

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FFF that leads me to believe the league has nothing and that the refs never fully checked them pregame.

But they confirmed that Indy's balls were dead on? Are you implying that they checked Indy's but not the pats?

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is the league really going to care HOW the balls got deflated or by whom? All they will know for sure is that the Pats were playing with illegal footballs and someone on the Pats or the Pats organization itself will need to pay a penalty of some kind.

It's kind of like when players fail a piss test and then claim there must have been some unknown ingredient in their supplements or they must have been around second hand smoke from weed at a party or some other excuse. The NFL doesn't give a shit. They just know the player failed a test and a penalty needs to be dealt out. Same here, the balls on the Pats sideline, for whatever reason, failed a test and so the NFL is bound to proceed based on that single fact.

Yep...

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get Luck on a plane back from Hawaii and replay the game in Foxboro. Suspend Brady for the game and little Jimmy dominate.