• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dick move by USC...

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kingsbury should stay at USC for a year or two, to improve his status, they explore open P5 schools looking to hire head coaches.

Why would do that if you have a shot at the NFL. Truth is he can get an OC job at a legit college in a heartbeat. Honestly, he is risking little if he quits and goes for an NFL opening

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming this is true...

I think it's a dick move (or at least bad optics) all the way around.

It's a dick move by NFL teams to be trying to hire away a guy before the ink is even dry on the contract he just signed.

It's a dick move by Kingsbury to be considering interviews before the ink is dry on the contract he just signed.

And it's a dick move (or at least bad optics) for USC to deny permission for him to be interviewed.

Let’s be honest here. If this happened to any poster they would take the interview. Even if you just accepted a job, if someone came back and offered you a chance at a much better job a week after signing you would listen. That is just reality, people talking about his “word” are hypocrites

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are able to understand a joke, right? I mean, I even posted lol.
We can't help it that you're not funny. Work harder on your trolling.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, you said exactly what I posted that you said. Yes, I’m happy that you’re admitting your hypocrisy now. And for the record, I’d be annoyed if this happened at Bama, but if you start limiting access for elite assistants to get better jobs, you won’t be able to hire elite assistants. It’s a trade off.

Didn't admit to anything. The joke just went over your head and continues to.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let’s be honest here. If this happened to any poster they would take the interview. Even if you just accepted a job, if someone came back and offered you a chance at a much better job a week after signing you would listen. That is just reality, people talking about his “word” are hypocrites

I agree. It's still a dick move, imo. But it's a dick move that most of us would make.

If nothing else, it can give you an idea as to whether or not you really want to make a move.

Rod Freakin' Dangerfield

Bringing the COCK to SportsHoopla!
Hoopla Cash
$ 14.95
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn’t Kingsbury a foremost expert on dick moves?

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol @TeamSEC coming to the rescue and defending the Gump's inability to understand a joke.
Didn't realize you were making fun of a bammer. I rescind my smartass comments and encourage you to carry on.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dick move that stops him from taking interviews after he just signed and hasn't even warmed up the clipboard. If you impulsively took the job be a man and do it for at least one season before you think about leaving. It's not like they put a gun to his head they gave him time to review his options and he decided to take the job.

Hang_On_Sloopy08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOLZ Does your SportsHoopla contract include some extra money for being red assed all of the time?

That’s a weak playbook you’re working with bro. The ole “you mad” label? Amateur hour.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dick move that stops him from taking interviews after he just signed and hasn't even warmed up the clipboard. If you impulsively took the job be a man and do it for at least one season before you think about leaving. It's not like they put a gun to his head they gave him time to review his options and he decided to take the job.

So ridiculous. Like you would turn down an opportunity to double your pay and get a huge jump in title. Why do people pretend that coaches should be held to a standard that they themselves know they couldn’t uphold

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So ridiculous. Like you would turn down an opportunity to double your pay and get a huge jump in title. Why do people pretend that coaches should be held to a standard that they themselves know they couldn’t uphold

He had a chance to sign a contract with who ever he wanted. he could have taken more time before he made a decision. It's ridiculous that you think any and every job is the same. I signed a contract once that I lived with even though after a couple of years I could have tippled my salary working in the private sector. Holding him up to his part of the bargan is'nt a dick move it's a smart move. Just like he should be pissed if USC would have come up to him and said hey I know you just signed to be our OC but this one OC from an NFL team just got let loose and we'd like to interview him for your job. And if he nails it pack you bags.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had a chance to sign a contract with who ever he wanted. he could have taken more time before he made a decision. It's ridiculous that you think any and every job is the same. I signed a contract once that I lived with even though after a couple of years I could have tippled my salary working in the private sector. Holding him up to his part of the bargan is'nt a dick move it's a smart move. Just like he should be pissed if USC would have come up to him and said hey I know you just signed to be our OC but this one OC from an NFL team just got let loose and we'd like to interview him for your job. And if he nails it pack you bags.

Stop. Don’t tell me you wouldn’t take a job that more than doubled your pay and takes you from a guy that takes orders to one that gives them. You might hate yourself for doing it, but you know you owe it to yourself (and family).

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop. Don’t tell me you wouldn’t take a job that more than doubled your pay and takes you from a guy that takes orders to one that gives them. You might hate yourself for doing it, but you know you owe it to yourself (and family).

Number one. he hasn't been offered any job . He was seriously considered for assistant OC a QB coach for NFL teams and he declined to take any of them and now with all the coaches getting fired teams would like to interview him but thats a long way from actually being hired. They will all interview anyone they can, he's just another name on their lists. He is not the top choice for any of these teams. So you're going to leave a situation where you just just signed to interview for a job you most likely would not get? Your boss that you just gave your word to is supposed to let you go when you haven't even been there one season? It doesn't matter how much more you'd be making . You honor at least a season and you pay the buyout and go the season after if you like.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It wouldn’t bother me if he chooses to buy out the current deal he jumped on now that he thinks he can do better. I also don’t think less of USC for holding him to the contract he just signed.

If it’s hypocritical to not think USC is being a dick for holding someone they just hired to their contract, so be it, I guess.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry but it just looks desperate to want to keep someone against their will.