• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dick move by USC...

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously?? You were fired, one of the best programs in the country hired you and now you are looking for "something better". Go fuck some more 17 year old's you POS....if this is true. Didn't read article. OP could have spun it his way or the writer. Never can trust a source.
Is he looking for “something better” or did “something better” come looking for him? He probably didn’t expect any NFL offers, took the job and then the NFL came knocking. What should he do, tell them no, he is committed to a lesser job and a lesser position he just took for significantly less money? You are telling me if you just hired in somewhere and someone else came offering triple the money and your bosses position you would say “no thanks, I’m just going to do this for a year, but keep me in mind next time.”?

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are you going to fire him for? The Jets and the Cards asked the AD if they could speak to him, how is that on KK? It’s kind of the whole point of this, USC didn’t give KK an option to make any choice

What’s the problem here again? The way you put it, this has nothing to do with the coach, NFL teams followed their rules, USC responded, how does this concern him at all? If anything he should be thanking them for saving him from some pestering phone call while he should be working.

Oh right, how dare USC value their new hire...

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is he looking for “something better” or did “something better” come looking for him? He probably didn’t expect any NFL offers, took the job and then the NFL came knocking. What should he do, tell them no, he is committed to a lesser job and a lesser position he just took for significantly less money? You are telling me if you just hired in somewhere and someone else came offering triple the money and your bosses position you would say “no thanks, I’m just going to do this for a year, but keep me in mind next time.”?

You’re just ignoring the other side to it. The more people talk about the details of the whole thing the more stupid it seems to make an issue of. USC isn’t telling him anything, it’s an NFL rule for teams to get the okay from a program if they want to interview their coach. Wonder why that rule came about? Why should USC be obligated to give their blessing to NFL teams who want to consider stealing their recent hire?

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You’re just ignoring the other side to it. The more people talk about the details of the whole thing the more stupid it seems to make an issue of. USC isn’t telling him anything, it’s an NFL rule for teams to get the okay from a program if they want to interview their coach. Wonder why that rule came about? Why should USC be obligated to give their blessing to NFL teams who want to consider stealing their recent hire?
When have I said USC is in the wrong? All of the USC fans are acting like KK was given some huge gift to be coaching for them and should be an indentured servant until they fire him his ridiculous. I haven’t seen anything showing that KK went actively hunting for these jobs but the NFL came to him but I haven’t looked too much into it. Schools pull scholarship offers all the time even from committed players but you don’t see people crying that’s slimy unless it’s just before signing day, and USC has plenty of time to find a replacement if they wanted.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When have I said USC is in the wrong? All of the USC fans are acting like KK was given some huge gift to be coaching for them and should be an indentured servant until they fire him his ridiculous. I haven’t seen anything showing that KK went actively hunting for these jobs but the NFL came to him but I haven’t looked too much into it. Schools pull scholarship offers all the time even from committed players but you don’t see people crying that’s slimy unless it’s just before signing day, and USC has plenty of time to find a replacement if they wanted.

Looks like he resigned... which is all well and good as far as I’m concerned, all I’ve been arguing in this thread is it wasn’t a “dick move” on USC’s part. I can see why USC fans won’t like him, but seems everyone played within the rules here... who cares...

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like he resigned... which is all well and good as far as I’m concerned, all I’ve been arguing in this thread is it wasn’t a “dick move” on USC’s part. I can see why USC fans won’t like him, but seems everyone played within the rules here... who cares...
Looks more like Swann caved and let him interview last i saw. Either way stay or go. KK just needs to decide quick imo A bit disappointed in Swann if true

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks more like Swann caved and let him interview last i saw. Either way stay or go. KK just needs to decide quick imo A bit disappointed in Swann if true
Yeah, that’s why I don’t, or didn’t, have a problem with their play in this. They need their house in order going into the off season. Cut all the bullshit so you know he’s either staying, or he buys out so you can move on and hire someone new quickly. Just letting him shop around and leave a nagging question mark over a major coaching need isn’t at all ideal.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that’s why I don’t, or didn’t, have a problem with their play in this. They need their house in order going into the off season. Cut all the bullshit so you know he’s either staying, or he buys out so you can move on and hire someone new quickly. Just letting him shop around and leave a nagging question mark over a major coaching need isn’t at all ideal.
I think the majority of SC fans. Are on the same page as the original stance. Just make a decision and stay or go. So SC can move forward if he wants to go. Common sense really no need to drag it out.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What’s the problem here again? The way you put it, this has nothing to do with the coach, NFL teams followed their rules, USC responded, how does this concern him at all? If anything he should be thanking them for saving him from some pestering phone call while he should be working.

Oh right, how dare USC value their new hire...

Wow, that made no sense at all. I lost 5 IQ points reading that, thanks

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, that made no sense at all. I lost 5 IQ points reading that, thanks
It makes perfect sense. If you watched the video you would know this wasn't a quick hire. And KK has ben working with SC.Makes no sense not to invoke the NFL's rules and drag things out. If he wants to leave he can go. Better than holding up SC's operations especially in a recruiting cycle with a ton of work needed. Or holding up the SC hiring process or an opportunity for another coach....If anything KK or his agent may be the one making a "dick move" here.

KK could very easily clear this up

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It makes perfect sense. If you watched the video you would know this wasn't a quick hire. And KK has ben working with SC.Makes no sense not to invoke the NFL's rules and drag things out. If he wants to leave he can go. Better than holding up SC's operations especially in a recruiting cycle with a ton of work needed. Or holding up the SC hiring process or an opportunity for another coach....If anything KK or his agent may be the one making a "dick move" here.

KK could very easily clear this up

No it was moronic. Let’s go over the utter stupidity in this thread

Poster #1: Fire Kliff!!!

Me: what for? You can’t fire a guy, because another team asked the AD to speak to him

Poster #2: verbal diarrhea that didn’t address the first post or my post

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it was moronic. Let’s go over the utter stupidity in this thread

Poster #1: Fire Kliff!!!

Me: what for? You can’t fire a guy, because another team asked the AD to speak to him

Poster #2: verbal diarrhea that didn’t address the first post or my post
Don't believe I ever said fire Cliff. What I said was it would be a very bad move. For both the University and team that was relying on him. When he took a job he lined up for months. And had players commit to his system. Swann original invoked an NFL rule that is in place to protect NCAA teams as well as NFL teams from last minute poaching. You can do the faux outrage. But to say invoking the rule or that KK has no place in this is asinine......Really not hard for KK to make a choice here and not hold anyone up. This was "The perfect fit" as per the actual KK quotes.....

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a bit different. I assume you are in energy. This is like being a mid-level executive at a small driller and XOM calls to see if you have interest in being the CEO

In our case we could have made him reimburse us for the employment fee but I decided against doing that. I didn't want to look like we were bitter and we could afford the hit so we just let him walk away. But you can be sure I was honest with people when his name came up in discussions.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You don't have to look it up. people have agents who can go talk to anyone and gauge their interest even after they signed a contrat. Which is why this whole thing is stupid on KK part. He knew there was some interest and so he didn't have to make up his mind and sign a contract with USC in the first place till he was sure.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't believe I ever said fire Cliff. What I said was it would be a very bad move. For both the University and team that was relying on him. When he took a job he lined up for months. And had players commit to his system. Swann original invoked an NFL rule that is in place to protect NCAA teams as well as NFL teams from last minute poaching. You can do the faux outrage. But to say invoking the rule or that KK has no place in this is asinine......Really not hard for KK to make a choice here and not hold anyone up. This was "The perfect fit" as per the actual KK quotes.....

No one said fire him. Except maybe @broncosmitty

@Codaxx doesn’t even understand what the conversation was about, is the disconnect here.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one said fire him. Except maybe @broncosmitty

@Codaxx doesn’t even understand what the conversation was about, is the disconnect here.
The buy out was $150,000 thats nothing. It was leaked by his agent to generate NFL interest. Which would be the dick move.This is where the SC is holding KK hostage was ironic. He was given a choice. He chose to hang out in inflatable hot tubs with bubble boy. Now SC can move forward. Solid business move by Swann getting a quick decision. Now SC can move on and replace KK.