• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dick move by USC...

Sabansjoylessmurderball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming this is true...

I think it's a dick move (or at least bad optics) all the way around.

It's a dick move by NFL teams to be trying to hire away a guy before the ink is even dry on the contract he just signed.

It's a dick move by Kingsbury to be considering interviews before the ink is dry on the contract he just signed.

And it's a dick move (or at least bad optics) for USC to deny permission for him to be interviewed.

The sentence literally has lol after it. Not sure how much more clear it could be that it was a joke.

Apparently I needed to post "The following sentence is a joke" so you could prepare.

I get it though. You're embarrassed (and you should be) that you were too stupid to understand the joke and now you want to save face by pretending it wasn't.

Point out the “lol” in that post. TIA.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the other hand, even if he's not seriously considering the job the interview itself is probably good for his career. That's the whole premise of the NFL's "Rooney Rule" right? Even if a minority doesn't get the job, they have to interview at least 1 for every open position. It helps get the candidates name out there, gives him experience in interviewing, and gives him an insight into maybe what teams/owners/GM's are looking for.

If USC wanted him to stay they should have given him a bigger buyout. The fact that they gave him a low buyout, but then are taking advantage of a new policy (that I don't know how it passes any legal challenge, since it basicly includes the non-profit NCAA into the NFL's monopoly and makes them a partner. It should immediately at the very least prompt a challenge to the NFL's 3 year out of high school rule. But that's a whole different thread.) Anyways, its fact that USC is using a new legal loophole outside of his contract to essentially diminish or at least attempt to diminish his future earnings that makes this a dick move.

He has a contract. He negotiated a month ago and agreed to his salary. He could have and most likely asked for what he thought he was worth right now. How is that diminishing anything especially future earnings? He can leave after a season like some coaches have done and if he pays the buyout USC can not stop him. So how is that diminishing his future earnings? Right now is not the the future. He agreed to his present salary.If he's worth more then that's on him. He shouldn't have agreed to the contract and signed it.

Sabansjoylessmurderball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's about having some integrity.

Many years ago, John Wooden had interviewed with both Minnesota and UCLA. He was really wanted the Minnesota job over UCLA. However, if I recall the story correctly, there was some sort of weather related issue that prevented Minnesota from contacting him right away.

Because of that, UCLA got through to him first and he accepted the job.

When Minnesota finally reached him and offered him the job, he said: "I'm sorry, but I already accepted the UCLA job". Minnesota said he could simply tell them he's changed his mind (he hadn't signed a contract yet). He simply said "I gave them my word".

Of course the NFL teams and Miami don't owe USC or Temple anything. But Kingsbury has a signed contract with USC and I assume Diaz had one with Temple. Neither should have been looking at other jobs when they had just signed contracts.

Also, NFL teams and Miami should respect the fact that there were signed contracts. As with Coach Wooden, sometimes the timing just isn't right.

The sentence literally has lol after it. Not sure how much more clear it could be that it was a joke.

Apparently I needed to post "The following sentence is a joke" so you could prepare.

I get it though. You're embarrassed (and you should be) that you were too stupid to understand the joke and now you want to save face by pretending it wasn't.

I’ll wait for you to show me the “lol” in this one, too.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So how is USC wrong? Still haven’t seen one single semi decent recent they should allow him to interview anywhere else. Dude just signed a contract. How is it USC’s problem Kingbury has the brain size of a pea? If anything he should put a bullet in his agents head for making him sign on when there would be another opportunity.

And people comparing this to Diaz are utterly retarded. It’s an apples to dog shit comparison.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had a guy do this to us a few years ago. We hired him (and even paid the employment fee) then he suddenly decided he wanted to leave after 60 days and take another job. I talked to him and it was obvious the mistake he was making so I explained his alternatives: leave and take a risk that I was right or stay and we'd see how it went but I expected him to do us a good job if he did stay. He dithered a few days, resigned and took the other job. We were stuck. I was not surprised when the other job didn't work out and he was dismissed about 1.5 years later and his career was in tatters. Tough shit. Make a decision and then make it work. The grass is not always greener on the other side of the fence.

Hang_On_Sloopy08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dumbass? Ah, I see. That's an oldie but a goodie

It’s a classic, tried and true. You served a layup with your reply. Therefor, no need to expound further. Dumbass stood on it's own in this rare instance.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s a classic, tried and true. You served a layup with your reply. Therefor, no need to expound further. Dumbass stood on it's own in this rare instance.
giphy.gif

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the KK hire was a brilliant move.
Never really knew why he did it so fast.
Two reasons:
1.) Alumni
2.) Overreaction to Johnny Fuckin' Football's college success.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i get it if this was a after a season on staff but to want these interviews right after hiring is a bit off to me. someone tell me are there other instances of a newly hired coach looking elsewhere after being hired? it’s not that i pay attention to hires and fires across college football all that much but most of the time it doesn’t involve a newly hires coach or coordinator.

there’s rumors of him quitting to take the interviews. someone must be promising him a job or high choice. really he should be out recruiting instead of looking for another job

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i get it if this was a after a season on staff but to want these interviews right after hiring is a bit off to me. someone tell me are there other instances of a newly hired coach looking elsewhere after being hired? it’s not that i pay attention to hires and fires across college football all that much but most of the time it doesn’t involve a newly hires coach or coordinator.

there’s rumors of him quitting to take the interviews. someone must be promising him a job or high choice. really he should be out recruiting instead of looking for another job
Dan Enos was hired by UM and like a week later took a job with Alabama just last year.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plenny a dicks to go around...

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Honestly, I think this is unchartered territory. Who thought KK would be up for a HC job in the NFL? He just got fired from Tech and is an interview away from reach the pinnacle of his profession. It’s pretty crazy

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Serious dick move...

Report: USC is denying NFL teams permission to interview Kliff Kingsbury

Texas Tech Kliff Kingsbury walks off the field during the first half of an NCAA college football game against Texas, Saturday, Nov. 10, 2018, in Lubbock, Texas. (AP Photo/Brad Tollefson)

USC is not too keen on the idea of new offensive coordinator Kliff Kingsbury heading to the NFL.

At last month’s NFL owners meetings in Dallas, league officials informed team executives that they now had to request permission from college athletic directors to interview college coaches. Not doing so would be considered “conduct detrimental” and the NFL then could dock draft picks from teams, sources said.

“If permission is denied, the NFL club should respect that decision just as it would respect a similar decision from another NFL club,” the rule states in part. “NFL clubs that fail to follow these protocols may be subject to disciplinary action for conduct detrimental to the League.”

Report: Kingsbury may resign at USC
With Swann denying him opportunities, Kingsbury may opt to leave USC altogether.

Per multiple sources, Kingsbury’s contract has a very low buyout. But the buyout never came up because the NFL teams, honoring the strong mandate issued at last month’s ownership meeting, contacted Swann and requested permission to interview Kingsbury. Swann said no, and that was the end of it. But that may not be the end of it. Kingsbury, the former Texas Tech head coach, may simply pay the buyout, walk away, and see what happens with any NFL head-coaching or offensive coordinator opportunities.

Kingsbury was hired at USC 10 days after he was fired

This wrinkle leads to a big question: Why did he sign on with USC so soon if the Trojans were going to deny him from interviewing with NFL teams for head coaching jobs?

But, as we know, there’s a difference between being an offensive coordinator for a team that’s looking for a change on one side of the ball and the head coach in charge of an entire team.

Kingsbury went 35-40 in his time at Texas Tech, his alma mater, and the Red Raiders were 5-7 in 2018.

Seriously?? You were fired, one of the best programs in the country hired you and now you are looking for "something better". Go fuck some more 17 year old's you POS....if this is true. Didn't read article. OP could have spun it his way or the writer. Never can trust a source.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had a guy do this to us a few years ago. We hired him (and even paid the employment fee) then he suddenly decided he wanted to leave after 60 days and take another job. I talked to him and it was obvious the mistake he was making so I explained his alternatives: leave and take a risk that I was right or stay and we'd see how it went but I expected him to do us a good job if he did stay. He dithered a few days, resigned and took the other job. We were stuck. I was not surprised when the other job didn't work out and he was dismissed about 1.5 years later and his career was in tatters. Tough shit. Make a decision and then make it work. The grass is not always greener on the other side of the fence.

This is a bit different. I assume you are in energy. This is like being a mid-level executive at a small driller and XOM calls to see if you have interest in being the CEO

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously?? You were fired, one of the best programs in the country hired you and now you are looking for "something better". Go fuck some more 17 year old's you POS....if this is true. Didn't read article. OP could have spun it his way or the writer. Never can trust a source.

You would do the same. Remember It has been reported that Lynn was the first college AD to exercise the option to block interviews. He did that over an OC getting a chance to be a HC in the NFL

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't the most important thing to remember here that Swann continues to be a dumbass?

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't the most important thing to remember here that Swann continues to be a dumbass?

I think he is the biggest hurdle USC faces to getting back to being USC