• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dez news

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
30 mil want get the job done either. Calling Dez bluff of missing games is a huge risk they are taking. This season will go down the drain if Dez is not on the field.

I have two problems with this statement. First, I disagree that the season goes down the drain without Dez. Second, you assume not giving Dez a long term contract will impact this season. He will still be a Cowboy.

To me it's not even a big deal if he signs a LT deal today or not. I'd like it to happen, but I really don't care and don't think it impacts the season much at all...you can argue if they tag him he tires even harder (if that's even possible) to up his value for next time...

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
30 mil want get the job done either. Calling Dez bluff of missing games is a huge risk they are taking. This season will go down the drain if Dez is not on the field.
no buddy....team sport and wide receiver still doesn't define success

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow, under 20 seconds. Cowboys would have won that game had Romo not fumbled. Seahawks had NO timeouts remaining and the clock was around 1 minute.

but hey, he got rewarded for not getting it done and yet Dez can't get rewarded for being in top 3 at his position. Great logic.
You act like Dez won't be rewarded.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wouldn't be a bad thing, except he might be disgruntled for those two years -- and that would probably preclude him from being in Dallas past those two years.

I don't see him being a little disgruntled as a big problem. Dez will play his heart out for 60 minutes every week. If not we don't want him anyway. I also don't know if it would mean he leaves after 2 years (he will follow the money and we may offer him the most). I absolutely do think that if we tag him twice his 2017 contract will be an absolute monster and cost us a fortune because then we will be a bidding war...but this is offset by the fact that if he gets hurt in those two years we aren't screwed LT.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not having Dez would make our Oline and QB worse?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If something doesn't happen in the next few hours, I'm afraid our Dez days will be over after this season.

Why? We'll tag him again next year

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would still have Witten, Williams, Beasley, and a good offensive line.

Yea, and which one of those guys can consistently beat double teams? Which one of those guys dominates the redzone?