• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dez news

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Money = respect

The original offer that I saw reported was 10yrs/114mil/20mil guaranteed. I have not seen this report disputed by anyone. This deal would have paid him an average of 10 million over the first 6 years of the contract. You don't honestly think that this was a fair market value deal do you? Dez would have never seen the last 4 years of that deal. As much as some people may not like the economic climate of the NFL, that is the world these guys operate in, and in that world 10yrs/114mil/20mil guaranteed is an extremely low ball offer for a player of Dez's caliber -- especially when you consider Mike Wallace got 5yrs/60mil/30mil guaranteed.

First off I don't believe any of the BS you read about. But, let's say for a second it's true and let's say for a second Dez wanting MORE than Calvin is also true. Why is Dez's request any more fair market value or any more reasonable than the teams offer? Don't bring up Mike Wallace because that contract is seen as a complete disaster. It's like arguing the assessed value of your house. Both sides can always find a "comparable" number that they feel helps their case...

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Signing bonus of 15 million

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually it seems he is comparing Dez to a holder and left off what that player did AFTER the fumbled snap (which also led to an NFL rule change for "slick" balls) since his contracts were WELL after that...very bizarre and very "off base" analogy

The anology has me thinking about another poster on this board.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off I don't believe any of the BS you read about. But, let's say for a second it's true and let's say for a second Dez wanting MORE than Calvin is also true. Why is Dez's request any more fair market value or any more reasonable than the teams offer? Don't bring up Mike Wallace because that contract is seen as a complete disaster. It's like arguing the assessed value of your house. Both sides can always find a "comparable" number that they feel helps their case...

Whatever, you clearly lack an understanding of how negotiations work. I'll agree to disagree.

The bolded part here is way off, and as an active Realtor, I think I might have a better understanding of this than you...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever, you clearly lack an understanding of how negotiations work. I'll agree to disagree.

No, actually I think it's the opposite. I can accept that the team comes in way low and Dez starts way high. That is exactly how negotiations work. You seem to accept that it's OK for Dez to start way high, but it's not OK for the team to start way low. Correct???

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I"m thinking a deal in the 6yr/105 million range with 40M guaranteed. Should happen in the next 5 hours I hope.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at 15M. I'm sure the Cowboys would jump at that deal, Dez and his camp not so much.

Remember signing bonus is NOT the only guaranteed money. His first year salary (which will be very low) will be guaranteed and most of if not all of his 2nd year salary and maybe some of his 3rd year salary will likely be guaranteed.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, actually I think it's the opposite. I can accept that the team comes in way low and Dez starts way high. That is exactly how negotiations work. You seem to accept that it's OK for Dez to start way high, but it's not OK for the team to start way low. Correct???

Completely incorrect. From day one I have said that both sides need to compromise. And my top dollar for Dez is not CJ money. Don't put words in my mouth.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-- I feel like Dallas could have avoided a lot of this B.S. had they not tried to low ball the original offer so bad. Dallas had a major hand in creating the contentious situation we now have. As many have pointed out, these contract negotiations are about respect as well as money. Dez felt disrespected by that original offer, it seems, and it's not hard to see why.

A player can switch to any agent they wish. But when you switch from an agent that has a good working relationship with the owner to one that has none or even a contentious one ..then there is no way you can tell me that Dallas is the one that could have avoided a lot of the b.s.

If your a player that is going to be stubborn with numbers you want. How is the agent with no working relationship (it's really now a bad relationship because the agent they liked was fired so this agent could come in) put you in a better position?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I"m thinking a deal in the 6yr/105 million range with 40M guaranteed. Should happen in the next 5 hours I hope.

Without seeing specifics, but just making assumptions about them I would say way too high for me. $17.5M per year and $40M guaranteed? I'll give him one or the other, but not both. I'll structure it with a huge annual salary with a smaller than expected SB or I'll give him more guaranteed money if he'll accept a little lower average annual salary.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely incorrect. From day one I have said that both sides need to compromise. and my top dollar for Dez is not CJ money. Don't put words in my mouth.

Then how is it that the team is wrong for low balling him, but he isn't wrong for coming in way too high. And I totally agree with the compromise that is the point I've been trying to make every time someone says "just sign him". It just doesn't work that way. It takes two.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When is the deadline anyway? Midnight?

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then how is it that the team is wrong for low balling him, but he isn't wrong for coming in way too high. And I totally agree with the compromise that is the point I've been trying to make every time someone says "just sign him". It just doesn't work that way. It takes two.
agreed....

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4PM eastern?