• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dez news

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then how is it that the team is wrong for low balling him, but he isn't wrong for coming in way too high. And I totally agree with the compromise that is the point I've been trying to make every time someone says "just sign him". It just doesn't work that way. It takes two.

I'm not saying Dez is right to ask for more than CJ got. I personally don't think Dez will ever be as good as CJ was at his peak.

What I am saying is, Dallas has been playing hardball with Dez on contract terms for a year, and if they were more realistic with themselves from the start and offered something closer to a fair market value to start with, perhaps things wouldn't have gotten to the point where they are now. But no, Dallas had to go for it all and try to get an absolutely team friendly deal that didn't allow for many concessions for Dez.

When negotiating a deal, you should not try to throw out an insulting offer as you may potentially alienate the person you are trying to deal with. As much as we would like to think this is strictly business, people have feelings and once people get hurt feelings they can be harder to negotiate with. That's what it looks like we have here with Dez

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rules are rules. If Dez and Romo held onto their balls, playoff game equals a win.
Not true at all. Was plenty of time left in both games. I was playing Devil's Advocate.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A player can switch to any agent they wish. But when you switch from an agent that has a good working relationship with the owner to one that has none or even a contentious one ..then there is no way you can tell me that Dallas is the one that could have avoided a lot of the b.s.

If your a player that is going to be stubborn with numbers you want. How is the agent with no working relationship (it's really now a bad relationship because the agent they liked was fired so this agent could come in) put you in a better position?

Tom Condon is a highly respected agent in the NFL. I don't see how Dez switching to Condon has negatively effected the contract negotiations. Perhaps Dez was concerned his previous agent, who has a cozy relationship with the Cowboys front office, was giving away too much in negotiations due to said relationship.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just heard on the Cowboys flagship radio that The Cowboys have up their offer but not the guarantee money. They still only offering $20 mil guarantee & Dez camps wants $40 mil. Lowballing isnt even the word for what the Cowboys are doing....

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying Dez is right to ask for more than CJ got. I personally don't think Dez will ever be as good as CJ was at his peak.

What I am saying is, Dallas has been playing hardball with Dez on contract terms for a year, and if they were more realistic with themselves from the start and offered something closer to a fair market value to start with, perhaps things wouldn't have gotten to the point where they are now. But no, Dallas had to go for it all and try to get an absolutely team friendly deal that didn't allow for many concessions for Dez.

When negotiating a deal, you should not try to throw out an insulting offer as you may potentially alienate the person you are trying to deal with. As much as we would like to think this is strictly business, people have feelings and once people get hurt feelings they can be harder to negotiate with. That's what it looks like we have here with Dez

See, I totally agree with most of this, but I also think the exact opposite can be said on every single point. If Dez was more reasonable from the beginning and if Dez didn't try to go for it all a deal would already be in place. Plus, I still refuse to accept with 100% certainty that anything we hear is the real truth.

Simple fact is Dez can take it or leave it and no one can make him do otherwise, but the team does have the upper hand for this year and next. After that all the power moves to Dez and if he doesn't like the franchise tag he gets to decide his fate when he becomes a FA. He can also sit for 10 weeks but he will lose a lot of money in the process and just get tagged again anyway. Like it or not there is a process in place and at this point Dez still doesn't hold the hammer...

On the alienating thing...once the team eventually gives Dez his millions this will all be forgotten, he'll tell us how happy he is to be a Cowboy for life and how grateful he is to Jerry...just watch

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys have been using strong terms for voiding guaranteed payments
Posted by Mike Florio on July 15, 2015, 12:33 AM EDT
bryant1.jpg
Getty Images
The Cowboys are expected to include in any final offer to receiver Dez Bryant strong, broad language that would void future fully-guaranteed payments under a wide variety of specific circumstances. The Cowboys are expected to do that with Dez primarily because they’ve done it with other deals in 2015.

Most notably, first-round cornerback Byron Jones, according to multiple sources, agreed to language wiping out all future guarantees not only in the event of a suspension imposed by the league or the team, but if the player is arrested, incarcerated, or even detained by police. Also, any fines under the substance-abuse policy or Personal Conduct Policy would trigger a voiding of the guarantees, as would something as simple as missing a rehab session while injured.

One source told PFT that the Cowboys included similar language in other contracts signed by veteran free agents in 2015. In contrast, undrafted offensive lineman La’El Collins will have his guarantees voided only if he retires or if he’s arrested or charged in connection with the double murder about which he was questioned immediately after the draft.

Even though Bryant hasn’t had any off-field issues in several years, the Cowboys most likely will want the same protection that they got from Jones and others, if a long-term deal is negotiated before Wednesday’s 4:00 p.m. ET deadline. Don’t be surprised if the Cowboys make one last move from their current position on Wednesday, putting in front of Bryant an amount that will be hard for him to reject — and tying any fully-guaranteed money before 2015 to the same kind of language that Jones accepted earlier this year.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm remembering it wrong. It wasn't much time left in Seattle game, but I remember us having 2 or 3 timeouts after the fumbled snap and then Alexander gets like a 20 yard rush on first down that pretty much sealed it. But the point is I don't think those plays were why we lost. Collective effort. Witten's fumble in the redzone and Glenn's safety played a part in Seattle. Murray's fumble played a part in Green Bay.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just heard on the Cowboys flagship radio that The Cowboys have up their offer but not the guarantee money. They still only offering $20 mil guarantee & Dez camps wants $40 mil. Lowballing isnt even the word for what the Cowboys are doing....
LOL...and at noon the team will offer their desired guaranteed amount of 30M, which ia why I told you yesterday 35M was the absolute top guaranteed amount while you are just a fanboy of the player and ready to give him what he wants. I wish you were my boss

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm remembering it wrong. It wasn't much time left in Seattle game, but I remember us having 2 or 3 timeouts after the fumbled snap and then Alexander gets like a 20 yard rush on first down that pretty much sealed it. But the point is I don't think those plays were why we lost. Collective effort. Witten's fumble in the redzone and Glenn's safety played a part in Seattle. Murray's fumble played a part in Green Bay.

With how our defense was struggling even if we make the FG the outcome was still in question.
Can say the same for the GB game. Even if we score GB could come back

Team game and looking at the big picture, no one play decides an outcome. Every single thing that happens (good and bad) throughout the season and the game leads you to that point.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL...and at noon the team will offer their desired guaranteed amount of 30M, which ia why I told you yesterday 35M was the absolute top guaranteed amount while you are just a fanboy of the player and ready to give him what he wants. I wish you were my boss

I wouldn't be shocked if it ends up right there. Last minute offer by the team comes up to a point that Dez tells his agent "screw you, I'm signing with or without you"...

For me, I have no problem tagging him and doing it again next year. Someone needs to clarify to me how giving a guy $28M for two years is a bad thing for him...

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They got the ball back even after the fumbled snap.

wow, under 20 seconds. Cowboys would have won that game had Romo not fumbled. Seahawks had NO timeouts remaining and the clock was around 1 minute.

but hey, he got rewarded for not getting it done and yet Dez can't get rewarded for being in top 3 at his position. Great logic.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and before you get all upset at the word, fanboy.

I'm a Sean Lee fanboy....nothing wrong with being a fanboy

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: Cowboys up their offer to Dez, but sides still have a long way to go
80Comment
Sherrington: Will Dez cash in on potentially costly Cowboys conversation?
The Cowboys have until 3 p.m. Wednesday to reach a long-term contract with receiver Dez Bryant.

Dallas has placed the franchise tag on Bryant, meaning he would be paid $12.8 million for the 2015 season, unless he decides to hold out.

Bryant, who has reiterated his threat to sit out training camp and regular-season games if he doesn't get a long-term deal, has not yet signed his franchise tender. He would not be fined for missing training-camp practices but would not be paid for regular-season games missed.

Ian Rapoport, NFL Network Insider, tweeted Tuesday evening that the Cowboys have increased their offer for Bryant to be more per year than the $12.8 million he would get as a franchised player.

However, Rapoport also tweets that while "talks will be very active," Bryant is still seeking Calvin "Megatron" Johnson money, and a source indicated the talks have a long way to go.

And total money likely isn't the sticking point. The Cowboys, according to reports, have refused to budge from their offer of approximately $20 million guaranteed.

The Dallas Morning News' Brandon George says Bryant's camp is asking for more than $40 million in guarantees.

Meanwhile, the NFLPA plans to pursue collusion charges against the Cowboys - as well as the Denver Broncos - if Bryant and Denver WR Demaryius Thomas don't get long-term deals by the Wednesday deadline.

A source confirmed to The Dallas Morning News that the NFLPA sent letters to the Cowboys and Broncos on Monday regarding potential collusion on the wide receivers' contracts. In those letters, the NFLPA requested the teams preserve documents and communications regarding the matter.

If the deadline of 3 p.m. Wednesday goes by with Bryant not signing a new deal, the union believes it's collusion charges could result in triple the value of Calvin Johnson's roughly $16.2 million per year deal for the Cowboys receiver if successful.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

30 mil want get the job done either. Calling Dez bluff of missing games is a huge risk they are taking. This season will go down the drain if Dez is not on the field.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be shocked if it ends up right there. Last minute offer by the team comes up to a point that Dez tells his agent "screw you, I'm signing with or without you"...

For me, I have no problem tagging him and doing it again next year. Someone needs to clarify to me how giving a guy $28M for two years is a bad thing for him...

It wouldn't be a bad thing, except he might be disgruntled for those two years -- and that would probably preclude him from being in Dallas past those two years.