• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dez news

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe you should just accept the fact that there are many complicated rules in the NFL instead of whining about them.

The Calvin Johnson rule is overly convoluted and most officials seem to struggle to understand it. Why can't you just accept someone making an observation without making some childish remark?

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the season would be down the drain. Did I say that? It would certainly be a tougher road for Dallas with no Dez, though.
Eastbay said it. That is was who I was originally arguing against.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he sit out games & he can up to 10. Another thing I think we are not talking about enough is the effect it will have on team chemistry.

He won't. I still haven't seen the quote from him that says he will sit a regular season game. I'd like to see it if someone has.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winning the NFCE is NEVER a given & shouldn't be the goal for this team. NFL windows closed fast just ask the 49ers...
Who said it was a given? I said why, based on this division, would you say our season would go down the tubes without Dez? Without Dez, we would still have a shot at competing for a divisional title. This division is awful.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who said it was a given? I said why, based on this division, would you say our season would go down the tubes without Dez? Without Dez, we would still have a shot at competing for a divisional title. This division is awful.

My point is just getting into the playoffs should no longer be this team goal. They have a chance at simething special & why disrupt that by lowballing one of the most productive player & MOST passionate player on the team. Also like it or not he is one of the Leaders of the team.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He won't. I still haven't seen the quote from him that says he will sit a regular season game. I'd like to see it if someone has.

I dont have Twitter, but he put out a statement there. He even put it on his kids that he would sit out.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point is just getting into the playoffs should no longer be this team goal. They have a chance at simething special & why disrupt that by lowballing one of the most productive player & MOST passionate player on the team. Also like it or not he is one of the Leaders of the team.
Yes it should. Two playoff wins in the last 19 years says that. We haven't made the playoffs in consecutive years since 06-07. How can you say that making the playoffs shouldn't be this team's goal? We need to make an NFC Championship first before we start thinking higher.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes it should. Two playoff wins 200yrs have to e last 19 years says that. We haven't made the playoffs in consecutive years since 06-07. How can you say that making the playoffs shouldn't be this team's goal? We need to make an NFC Championship first before we start thinking higher.[/QUOTE

I said JUST making the playoffs shouldn't be this teams expectation. What does the previous 20yrs have to do with this team & future teams expectations? This nucleus has a chance to be special & needs to get it why the getting is good. How good were the Seahawks the past 20 years before they took advantage of there current necleus?

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bad example
Seahawks are smart and don't view a wide receiver as the nucleus to team success

That's fair.

My counter to that would be: when has Seattle ever had the opportunity to acquire a WR as talented as Dez since this current core came together? Not saying your wrong, but would Seattle's thinking have been different if presented with such an opportunity?

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, forget the last 20 years, let's talk about the Romo era. Only once have they made the playoffs in consecutive years. In the Dez era, they have yet to make the playoffs in consecutive years. As a matter of fact, last year was the first time they made it with Dez. You want to compare us to the Seahawks? They've made the playoffs three straight years and have made two straight Super Bowls. We still have to worry about that Seahawk team too. I get what you are saying, but making the playoffs should always be this team's first goal. We are not the Pats who make the playoffs and get byes almost every year.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, forget the last 20 years, let's talk about the Romo era. Only once have they made the playoffs in consecutive years. In the Dez era, they have yet to make the playoffs in consecutive years. As a matter of fact, last year was the first time they made it with Dez. You want to compare us to the Seahawks? They've made the playoffs three straight years and have made two straight Super Bowls. We still have to worry about that Seahawk team too. I get what you are saying, but making the playoffs should always be this team's first goal. We are not the Pats who make the playoffs and get byes almost every year.

The Seahawks had to make the playoffs the first year before the three straight. I just think this tean is on track of making a Seahawk type run. Last year was the beginning of that run, why do anything to disrupt that?

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seahawks had to make the playoffs the first year before the three straight. I just think this tean is on track of making a Seahawk type run. Last year was the beginning of that run, why do anything to disrupt that?
The defense would have to vastly improve if that's going to happen.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's fair.

My counter to that would be: when has Seattle ever had the opportunity to acquire a WR as talented as Dez since this current core came together? Not saying your wrong, but would Seattle's thinking have been different if presented with such an opportunity?

Not many as talented as Dez, but they acquired Harvin and then cut bait once he started to act like a problem child.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont have Twitter, but he put out a statement there. He even put it on his kids that he would sit out.

This is what caused the uproar. No mention of games. Maybe he meant the charity golf outing, or camp, or maybe he meant games, but he didn't say it...

As much as I love football...on my beautiful babies.. I apologize #cowboynation but I will not be there if no deal #fact

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he sit out games & he can up to 10. Another thing I think we are not talking about enough is the effect it will have on team chemistry.

Ya know what if he does that he is stupid. Giving up 7.5 million dollars is beyond stupid when you compound what that money could do if invested right. And for what to make a point?
But If I was the coach and he did that and came back after 10 games I would welcome him back to the bench and have him inactive every game for the rest of the season. Just to let Dez know we can field a team without you.

You can not have your team held hostage by 1 player. Dez has amazing talent but he is not the only player on the team. I want them to sign him but to a fair contract both ways.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think Dallas can get this done today, and all parties can be somewhat happy if Dallas offered 6yrs/90mil/35-40mil guaranteed. With most/all the guaranteed money spread out over the first 4 years.

yr 1-2: 13 mil
yr 3-4: 15 mil
yr 5-6: 17 mil

In reality that contract is only 4yrs/56mil. Dez gets his guarantee, Dallas will lock him up for the rest of his prime and can cut bait after year 4. In exchange for the bump in guaranteed money Dallas gets to write in most of the language they want regarding player conduct/voiding guaranteed dollars. This would be a healthy compromise for both sides I believe.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya know what if he does that he is stupid. Giving up 7.5 million dollars is beyond stupid when you compound what that money could do if invested right. And for what to make a point?
But If I was the coach and he did that and came back after 10 games I would welcome him back to the bench and have him inactive every game for the rest of the season. Just to let Dez know we can field a team without you.

You can not have your team held hostage by 1 player. Dez has amazing talent but he is not the only player on the team. I want them to sign him but to a fair contract both ways.

If he does that his Mom will hit HIM with a baseball cap!!!

No way we sit Dez once he comes back. How does that help? We just tag him again next year...