• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dez Bryant made brilliant catch. Cowboys hosed

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've seen and read enough about this play to know the rule and understand that it was not a catch...You simply do not want to accept what the rule is.

If you're falling...(it does not matter if you're being tackled or not)...to the ground in the process of the catch, you must control the ball to the ground, meaning the ball cannot touch the ground...2 steps, 3 steps, having clear possession, changing hands, does not matter if the ball touches the ground... finally you cannot make a football move until the catch has been secured.

That said, I've been where you are, I know it's hard to take...you'll live.

OK then why was Cruz's catch a touchdown then? The link is above.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've seen and read enough about this play to know the rule and understand that it was not a catch...You simply do not want to accept what the rule is.

If you're falling...(it does not matter if you're being tackled or not)...to the ground in the process of the catch, you must control the ball to the ground, meaning the ball cannot touch the ground...2 steps, 3 steps, having clear possession, changing hands, does not matter if the ball touches the ground... finally you cannot make a football move until the catch has been secured.

That said, I've been where you are, I know it's hard to take...you'll live.

Well now that my season is over I guess I'll wander over to the golf section.

I'm a little rusty with my Tiger bashing so bear with me.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bullshit, Cruz did not control the catch all the way to the ground just like Dez. Funny how as long as it isn't Dallas its a catch. There is no difference in the two.

You're right. Cruz's should have been ruled incomplete as well. The rule states "with or without contact with another player". That's another good example of why the NFL needs to get its story straight regarding this rule....unless they came out later and said they screwed up and said Cruz's should have been incomplete.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stay away from those herb shops, it's affecting your vision.

Clear lunge. Totally in control of what he was attempting to do as he was falling.

Yeah, watch the brownies. They will make you think the cowboys had a chance in that game.

Why so much argument? You got a call last week, didn't this week. And it didn't matter. Nobody was stopping Rodgers in the second half. That is the part of this game everybody missed.

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right. Cruz's should have been ruled incomplete as well. The rule states "with or without contact with another player". That's another good example of why the NFL needs to get its story straight regarding this rule....unless they came out later and said they screwed up and said Cruz's should have been incomplete.

That was against Dallas, I am a fan of Dallas and no apology was ever given.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gee, all of the cowboy fans see him catching it, making two clean steps toward the end zone and intentionally diving/lunging toward it, but few others do. Wonder which group is seeing what they want to see.

Again, you can't dispute it because none of you have answered why his head is moving toward the ground the entire time. Those were not clean steps in normal football moves. They were attempts at getting his feet under him that weren't working because his momentum was pushing him toward the ground.

It's just not disputable.

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, watch the brownies. They will make you think the cowboys had a chance in that game.

Why so much argument? You got a call last week, didn't this week. And it didn't matter. Nobody was stopping Rodgers in the second half. That is the part of this game everybody missed.

Your right geezer, that one call didn't cost us the game. There were many factors, the Murray fumble was really big. The missed field goal, the defense not getting any stops in the 4th quarter. No I think the better team won the game.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These last two weeks with Dallas is a perfect example of blind homer syndrome. Every fan base does it. Including Seattle fans. If the call goes against us, "we waz wobbed"! If we get a call, "well, its because that's the way it should be and it was the correct call"!

Sorry Dallas, it is what it is. Take your concerns to the rules committee, it will be interesting this off season. I don't like the rule but nobody has a better way. We don't want more judgement calls.

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gee, all of the cowboy fans see him catching it, making two clean steps toward the end zone and intentionally diving/lunging toward it, but few others do. Wonder which group is seeing what they want to see.

Again, you can't dispute it because none of you have answered why his head is moving toward the ground the entire time. Those were not clean steps in normal football moves. They were attempts at getting his feet under him that weren't working because his momentum was pushing him toward the ground.

It's just not disputable.

Kind of hard to gain your balance completely when the defender is tripping you. Anyway it doesn't matter and like I said the better team won. There's always next year and I will be there rooting my team on. Good luck to Seattle and GreenBay may the best team win.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These last two weeks with Dallas is a perfect example of blind homer syndrome. Every fan base does it. Including Seattle fans. If the call goes against us, "we waz wobbed"! If we get a call, "well, its because that's the way it should be and it was the correct call"!

Sorry Dallas, it is what it is. Take your concerns to the rules committee, it will be interesting this off season. I don't like the rule but nobody has a better way. We don't want more judgement calls.

When those without a dog in the fight are mostly in agreement you might have something. That's all I'd add.

There are games were teams get robbed by the zebras. Still, most of the time you can always say you just needed to do more so that those controversies were not enough to derail your chances at a win.

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You are right it is what it is. Good luck this Sunday.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of hard to gain your balance completely when the defender is tripping you. Anyway it doesn't matter and like I said the better team won. There's always next year and I will be there rooting my team on. Good luck to Seattle and GreenBay may the best team win.

I want an injury free game with zero controversial calls or non calls. Man, that just ruins a game.

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When those without a dog in the fight are mostly in agreement you might have something. That's all I'd add.

There are games were teams get robbed by the zebras. Still, most of the time you can always say you just needed to do more so that those controversies were not enough to derail your chances at a win.

There are many non Dallas fans who whom think Dez was robbed. I agree with your last statement, Dallas should have done more earlier to win. They didn't and lost.

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want an injury free game with zero controversial calls or non calls. Man, that just ruins a game.

I agree and again good luck. Seattle should be able to do what Dallas couldn't and that's put pressure on a gimpy Rodgers.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I prefer carrot cake myself.

Pokes had that game to win. Deny all you want. Defense is an issue, I've never denied that. But if they don't botch the 3rd and 1 in Q3 and if Murray doesn't fumble... Ifs I know.....

If you go to my comments made yesterday or earlier today I said he should have just caught the ball, that was a gimme. The lunge is what killed the play.

As for arguments? Isn't that what this place is for? And this was not the same as last week anyway. This was a potentially great play taken away. Stafford's pass hit Hitchens in the back. Not even catchable.... You don't hear that mentioned much either.

Last edited by a moderator:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are many non Dallas fans who whom think Dez was robbed. I agree with your last statement, Dallas should have done more earlier to win. They didn't and lost.

There is a difference between agreeing it should be a catch, and it was already a catch.

I've said several times that it should be considered a catch. The rule is kind of dumb to me. He was falling the entire time and it did hit the ground, but it should have been a catch under the football we all remember as kids.

Most people agree with that.

I don't believe most people think he was making intentional steps and lunged at the end zone. I think most reasonable people see his momentum was carrying him down toward the ground and all 3 'steps' were him trying to get his feet under him.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have already stated that you can't tell if it was an intentional move or not.

But please give me a break with this ridiculous notion that fans of other teams and their opinions are all unbiased when it comes to other teams. Dog in the fight or not.

And it can't be more true when it comes to the Cowboys.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But please give me a break with this ridiculous notion that fans of other teams and their opinions are all unbiased when it comes to other teams. Dog in the fight or not.

Dez intended to do everything he did. He's done the exact same thing 5 or 6 times this year. Just without the entire football watching free world paying attention.

But he should have intended to just catch the damn ball.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My wife brought home some brownies from the weed store. She has a prescription. One bite of those brownies and you will be volunteering to return punts.

I don't like the rule, I though Calvin Johnson made a great play, also thought Dez made a great play. But how else do we officiate it? We have too many judgement calls already.

I am done with it, I am sure the rules committee will be looking at this and a few other rules this off season. Now I gotta think about mean things to say about the Packers.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I honestly don't care either way. It doesn't change the outcome. I don't have a need to be right other than that's how I honestly see it. I think most people fall under that. Sure, there are a few that might hate Dallas that just want to pick on your fans or something. I just don't see that in this case.