• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Cowboys at the Redskins

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we are talking draft - I wouldn't think Garrett slips out of top 5 unless he does something off the field. Now there is a guy at Mizzou that is a monster- Charles Harris.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I'm happy with the win, that onside kick still sticks out like a sore thumb to me. In-game decision-making continues to be an issue with Garrett. With what we've seen from the defense, there was no point in potentially putting them in a bad situation. There's being gutsy and there's also being stupid. I'd only try an onside kick with a double digit lead or if I had a Seahawk or Bronco like defense. Not in the situation we were in. Luckily, the defense stepped up and bailed Garrett out. Garrett deserves no pass. He almost blew that game.

Worth noting: Had the Redskins scored a TD after that onside kick fail and went on to win the game, could you imagine the backlash Garrett would have received?

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I'm happy with the win, that onside kick still sticks out like a sore thumb to me. In-game decision-making continues to be an issue with Garrett. With what we've seen from the defense, there was no point in potentially putting them in a bad situation. There's being gutsy and there's also being stupid. I'd only try an onside kick with a double digit lead or if I had a Seahawk or Bronco like defense. Not in the situation we were in. Luckily, the defense stepped up and bailed Garrett out. Garrett deserves no pass. He almost blew that game.

Worth noting: Had the Redskins scored a TD after that onside kick fail and went on to win the game, could you imagine the backlash Garrett would have received?
Had the kick traveled 10 yards people would be calling it great, it caught Washington completely off guard. When a risky call works everybody's happy, when it doesn't the coach is a Idiot. No I wouldn't have called it but it was a good risk. IMO.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had the kick traveled 10 yards people would be calling it great, it caught Washington completely off guard. When a risky call works everybody's happy, when it doesn't the coach is a Idiot. No I wouldn't have called it but it was a good risk. IMO.

No I thought it was a terrible call, regardless of whether or not it had worked. Way too risky giving up a short field, if it hadn't been recovered by Dallas. Too many variables that make it a low percentage call, regardless if the other team is caught off guard.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we got that onside kick, I still would have been mad because the situation of the game did not call for it. Defense is getting shredded and only being saved by Cousins' inaccuracy, and it's only a 3 point lead in the 3rd quarter. Absolutely worst time to call for it, at least in my opinion.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think the onside kick was a mistake and a very big one for the reasons you got into. The only way we could have expected to stop them was to make them go a long ways. Instead we gave them the ball in FG range.

That being said, I do love that Garrett finally showed some balls. I loved that we went for it on 4th down in FG range too after Washington declined the penalty. I got the feeling all of the coaches read the papers and listened to the radio and let it influence them this week which IMO is a very bad thing based on the stupid things some people write. You could see it in Linehan's comments during the week and Garrett's actions during the game. But, in this case, I think everyone was right, so it might have been a good thing. Open up the offense and stop playing not to lose and trust your young QB. I am convinced by the way we changed the game plan last year and week 1 that Garrett thinks every backup QB is him. This one surely is not...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we got that onside kick, I still would have been mad because the situation of the game did not call for it. Defense is getting shredded and only being saved by Cousins' inaccuracy, and it's only a 3 point lead in the 3rd quarter. Absolutely worst time to call for it, at least in my opinion.
Agree and we didn't need to get the ball at the 40 to put up points. I felt like wherever we got the ball we would be able to drive the field. I didn't see this as a field position game.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why was the lack turnovers last year such a big deal if when the defense finally gets one it's called "being saved by an inaccurate QB"?

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if I'm more disappointed in the Sooners or Skins but it's been a bad weekend for football. At least the Cubs are on cruise control :suds:

sooners pissed me off!!

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree and we didn't need to get the ball at the 40 to put up points. I felt like wherever we got the ball we would be able to drive the field. I didn't see this as a field position game.

You do the onside, if believe in your defense. This defense is not very good. It was a stupid decision.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why was the lack turnovers last year such a big deal if when the defense finally gets one it's called "being saved by an inaccurate QB"?
Agree. Cousins made some bad throws, but that was just a tough spot. Not sure he located Church until after he threw it as they were moving across the field towards each other. If anything maybe say Cousins should have thrown it earlier, but it was not an inaccurate throw.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Earnie Zampese used to say all plays are genius when they work and stupid when they don't

Just relaying a Brad Sham quote of Earnie

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are missing the point. For starters, at that point in the game, Cousins hadn't thrown the interception. This is 100% about the onside kick play that happened in the 3rd quarter. Up to that point, the defense had been bad and were lucky that Cousins was inaccurate. Not that I'm complaining about it because this team could use some luck. But the point all along was that we hadn't seen great defensive play up to the point of the onside kick to trust them if they didn't recover it.