• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Did Dez Bryant Catch the Ball?

Did Dez Bryant catch the ball?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uncatchable ball. Guy wouldn't have caught it anyway.

That makes zero sense. Thats like a CB pass interfering and smacking the ball away and you saying, "It's not pass interference cause he smacked the ball away and the receiver couldn't catch it. Again, uncatchable means the ball was no where near the receiver and that ball was directly on target. I just don't understand how people can never be remotely objective.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. He did not, according to the rule. He shouldn't have been so greedy and reached out for the TD if he knew he might've lost the ball.

Case closed. So tired of people blaming refs for losses when the rules are completely clear. And I'm one of those, "Seattle lost fair and square 2005 Super Bowl" guys. So fuck off before you go there.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That makes zero sense. Thats like a CB pass interfering and smacking the ball away and you saying, "It's not pass interference cause he smacked the ball away and the receiver couldn't catch it. Again, uncatchable means the ball was no where near the receiver and that ball was directly on target. I just don't understand how people can never be remotely objective.

Hit the defender in the lower back.

Not losing one second's sleep over it.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
20 plus years with two playoff wins and the haters still hate and point fingers at cowboy homers.

It remains what it is

SeizeTheCarp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe should watch with out GB blinders on and see the catch was a catch.
What makes you think I have Green Bay blinders on? I see fans of several other teams also claiming it wasn't a catch. In all seriousness, if I knew none of the rules of football and watched that play, I would call it a catch. But I watch a lot of football and I am familiar with the rules. I have seen about a half a dozen other plays all very similar to Dez's. And they were all called the same way.

Maybe you should take your Gray and Blue glasses off.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What makes you think I have Green Bay blinders on? I see fans of several other teams also claiming it wasn't a catch. In all seriousness, if I knew none of the rules of football and watched that play, I would call it a catch. But I watch a lot of football and I am familiar with the rules. I have seen about a half a dozen other plays all very similar to Dez's. And they were all called the same way.

Maybe you should take your Gray and Blue glasses off.

Other fans don't know shit either.

None of those were exactly like the Dez play though, cause his was a catch.

cowboys5xsbs

Surprise Motherfucker
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It shouldn't matter if you're going to the ground or not. If you take 3 steps with CLEAR possession it should be a catch regardless. On top of that, he had enough time to dive as well. Anyone who claims DEZ did not have possession of that ball is just a hater. The rule was horse shit and still is.

SeizeTheCarp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other fans don't know shit either.

None of those were exactly like the Dez play though, cause his was a catch.
OK it's settled, then. It was a catch because Hank Kingsley's opinion matters more than the NFL rulebook does. Maybe you should call Roger Goodell and let him know that.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK it's settled, then. It was a catch because Hank Kingsley's opinion matters more than the NFL rulebook does. Maybe you should call Roger Goodell and let him know that.

Hank keeps spanking a dead horse. Unfortunately they don't have the little blue pill North yet and sure 1/4 lb of ganja a day doesn't help matters

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
20 plus years with two playoff wins and the haters still hate and point fingers at cowboy homers.

It remains what it is
Some of us don't hate but get accused of hating. We're the group that understands Dallas isn't relevant and hasn't been for two decades. If they become consistent contenders again we reserve our right to change our feelings.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It shouldn't matter if you're going to the ground or not. If you take 3 steps with CLEAR possession it should be a catch regardless. On top of that, he had enough time to dive as well. Anyone who claims DEZ did not have possession of that ball is just a hater. The rule was horse shit and still is.
See post #97.
Hating on the Cowboys would be like hating on the Jags, Bills, Cleveland or the Colts. No reason to. They're not relevant it's like kicking a dog when they're down.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of us don't hate but get accused of hating. We're the group that understands Dallas isn't relevant and hasn't been for two decades. If they become consistent contenders again we reserve our right to change our feelings.

Pats were irrelevant for the first 30 years and 40 if you count the Boston Patriots, I know well to well and don't shit on other teams. When Brady retires, they might shit the bed again

cowboys5xsbs

Surprise Motherfucker
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a team that isn't relevant they sure get talked about alot :hmm: