• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dexter

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you missed a season, season 7 is Hannah McKay, season 8 is final season

Wow, you are right...

The two seasons have completely merged in my mind. I thought there were two cliffhangers regarding Deb after she found out (at the church and in the shipping container), but I couldn't remember there being a complete separate season in there. Not a good sign for the season...

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, you are right...

The two seasons have completely merged in my mind. I thought there were two cliffhangers regarding Deb after she found out (at the church and in the shipping container), but I couldn't remember there being a complete separate season in there. Not a good sign for the season...

Yeah, you would think someone hiding from the law in the place they are being sought would at minimum change (or go back to natural) hair color

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should I bother watching seasons 7 and 8? I didn't enjoy season 5 at all and season 6 got bad towards the end.

Meh, you won't be missing much if you don't. I was hooked, though, so I watched it until the very end. If you've seen the end or season 6 you know that Deb finds out. That's how they ended it. Seeing how she deals with it and how their relationship changes is sort of interesting. Actually season 7 wasn't bad. I may be in the minority here on that. But season 8 was where it really started to go downhill especially after the way they wrapped up season 7. There were points during the last season when I asked myself "why am I still watching this ?". The only thing reason was that my wife was still hooked. The way they ended the series was just lame.

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should I bother watching seasons 7 and 8? I didn't enjoy season 5 at all and season 6 got bad towards the end.

I still would - just don't expect the same out of it like you would have with Season 3.

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On season 8 - episode 3 now. Is Deb really gonna confess everything? ahhh :pop2:

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dexter is my favorite show! I was pissed they had such a horrific ending! I just wanted him to find peace and happiness!

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SPOILER

In reply to Jonas, I think they left it up to the imagination. The final scene is either a realization that he no longer has the urge to kill, or that the urge is returning. He can still go back whenever he wants. I personally think that it's a no brainer that he no longer has the urge and will go back, seeing as how thats what Deb wants.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SPOILER

In reply to Jonas, I think they left it up to the imagination. The final scene is either a realization that he no longer has the urge to kill, or that the urge is returning. He can still go back whenever he wants. I personally think that it's a no brainer that he no longer has the urge and will go back, seeing as how thats what Deb wants.

I disagree. I've heard people say that now he's free to kill but I don't think that's the case.

In the final shot he's not looking at newpapers to find victims to kill, there are no knives anywhere, no map of a location to dump bodies...nothing that leads to that conclusion.

Additionally, his dad left him. Yes? "You don't need me anymore, Dex".

HATED the way this show ended. He sits alone in a small apt....just SITS there when he gets done with logging? Meanwhile his son is being raised by another serial killer?!!?

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. I've heard people say that now he's free to kill but I don't think that's the case.

In the final shot he's not looking at newpapers to find victims to kill, there are no knives anywhere, no map of a location to dump bodies...nothing that leads to that conclusion.

Additionally, his dad left him. Yes? "You don't need me anymore, Dex".

HATED the way this show ended. He sits alone in a small apt....just SITS there when he gets done with logging? Meanwhile his son is being raised by another serial killer?!!?

If they did then it would have been pretty obvious and not the open-ended ending they were looking for. My reasoning for believing that he goes to Spain is based on Deb's last words, that she just wanted him to be happy. By sitting in his self-imposed prison he is pretty much spitting on Deb's grave.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been binge watching this. Great show! Happy i decided to check it out. I'm on season four with the Trinity killer and he just showed up at Quinn girlfriends house and she said hi dad...holy shit mind blown. What a twist!!!!!

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly the quality greatly begins to drop.

First 4 seasons are very good though

And still some good stuff in the other 4

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly the quality greatly begins to drop.

First 4 seasons are very good though

And still some good stuff in the other 4
Pretty much spot on. First four are excellent and then you pretty much have to watch 5. After that though...eh. The finale was just....what the fuck. I don't even know meng.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes the first few seasons are tremendous. I binge watched this show like crazy. This and LOST I probably binged the most.

This series had one of the saddest conclusions in my opinion. I couldn't get over it.

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes the first few seasons are tremendous. I binge watched this show like crazy. This and LOST I probably binged the most.

This series had one of the saddest conclusions in my opinion. I couldn't get over it.

ending was pointless Bulls hit. There was no reason whatsoever for Deb to die.

I was alright with it until midway through the next to last season. I don't think they could have topped the trinity killer as an adversary but the next couple of seasons were still entertaining. It really fell apart in the end though

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched it before and this marathin is awesome. Taping the series.....This is an epic Series, as is Breaking Bad.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loved loved loved Dexter. Yeah, a little drop off in the later seasons. And a dismal finally. But overall one of my all time favorite shows.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seasons one, three and four were fantastic. Didn't like seasons two and five at all. Season six was good until the twist I thought. Never did get around to watching seasons seven and eight, although I heard I didn't miss much and heard about the horrible ending.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been binge watching this. Great show! Happy i decided to check it out. I'm on season four with the Trinity killer and he just showed up at Quinn girlfriends house and she said hi dad...holy shit mind blown. What a twist!!!!!
All down hill after season 4. Should have ended the show there.