• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dexter

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So throughout the whole series they humanize dexter, and then with the final episode they just decide that dexter does not deserve happiness... I understand that he is a serial killer, but you have to know the message that you are sending throughout the whole show... I would have rather Dexter died from the storm than him faking his death to live alone...

They did humanize him, We have all felt at some point that our actions have hurt people in Dexters case he feels like the few people he loves have all died because of him. That is why he seperated himself from them. They just took those human characteristics to the extreme.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I thought the show jumped the shark after season 4. They really set the bar high with the Trinity Killer and Rita's death. To go from John Lithgow who was amazing to Julia Stiles who was horrendous was just such a drop off, the show lost it's direction and my already stretched sense of belief was stretched a bit too far. I bailed after season 5 and from everything I've heard it was a good decision.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked it. It seems like they added a lot into the final episode and just kind of ended some loose ends, but I liked the way it ended. It didn't kill Dexter, Deb I think we all knew was going to die and it couldn't end "happily ever after" with Dexter. It ended the best way it could - with a serial killer. Dexter's son was saved because he was with Hannah and would have a semi-normal life. Dexter was still probably off doing what he does, living by the code and Deb's gone so there's nothing tying him down or loose ends to fix.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I thought the show jumped the shark after season 4. They really set the bar high with the Trinity Killer and Rita's death. To go from John Lithgow who was amazing to Julia Stiles who was horrendous was just such a drop off, the show lost it's direction and my already stretched sense of belief was stretched a bit too far. I bailed after season 5 and from everything I've heard it was a good decision.

I think it jumped the shark at the end of six and season 7. Season 7 was a terrible season but I did like this year and the ending.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked it. It seems like they added a lot into the final episode and just kind of ended some loose ends, but I liked the way it ended. It didn't kill Dexter, Deb I think we all knew was going to die and it couldn't end "happily ever after" with Dexter. It ended the best way it could - with a serial killer. Dexter's son was saved because he was with Hannah and would have a semi-normal life. Dexter was still probably off doing what he does, living by the code and Deb's gone so there's nothing tying him down or loose ends to fix.

Hannah is a serial killer too...

BF4L

Black/Gold Glasses
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just going into season 2 on Netflix. I like his new GF.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that Lila? Cause she is terrible, couldn't stand her by the end of the season.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
want me to tell you what happens in the rest of the seasons? :happy:

great show, sad its done

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
couldnt stand this show.....what a fucking bore of a serial killer. stopped watching during season 2.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
couldnt stand this show.....what a fucking bore of a serial killer. stopped watching during season 2.

Season's 3 and 4 were good. I never saw seasons 7 and 8 but season 5 was awful and 6 wasn't all that great either in my opinion.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved this show. What kept it from being my favorite non-Trek series of all time was how it all ended.

Season 2 was one of my favorites, though.

Dex is on the run from the FBI, and setting up Doakes as the Bay Harbor Butcher, WHILE having sex with Lila AND working things out with Rita. And, this is coming from a woman, the woman playing Lila is hot. Jaime Murray. She's done half a season of Spartcus: Gods of the Arena and is doing Defiance now. She's actually dyslexic.

Season 3 is great. He's battling "Skinner" and teaching the DA how to kill people while planning a wedding.

Hated season 4. Trinity just didn't do it for me.

Season five with Lumen was great as it allowed her to get even for what happened to her and she was able to move on with her life. Lumen was played by Julia Styles, by the way.

The last few seasons were great in that we got to meet Hannah.

Just hated how they wrapped things up.

BF4L

Black/Gold Glasses
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved this show. What kept it from being my favorite non-Trek series of all time was how it all ended.

Season 2 was one of my favorites, though.

Dex is on the run from the FBI, and setting up Doakes as the Bay Harbor Butcher, WHILE having sex with Lila AND working things out with Rita. And, this is coming from a woman, the woman playing Lila is hot. Jaime Murray. She's done half a season of Spartcus: Gods of the Arena and is doing Defiance now. She's actually dyslexic.

Season 3 is great. He's battling "Skinner" and teaching the DA how to kill people while planning a wedding.

Hated season 4. Trinity just didn't do it for me.

Season five with Lumen was great as it allowed her to get even for what happened to her and she was able to move on with her life. Lumen was played by Julia Styles, by the way.

The last few seasons were great in that we got to meet Hannah.

Just hated how they wrapped things up.

Maybe put SPOILER ALERT

Before a post as such. I am in season 2 and did not need to know much.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Seasons 1 and 2 were pretty damn fun. Show started slipping in season 3 (somewhat obscured because Jimmy Smits is so great) and I found 4 boring, that was it for me. There are just so few interesting characters or actors, but on top of that they always had to have dumb side storylines about the supporting characters like his co-workers in the PD.....all of whom are boring aside from Masuka. Dexter's sister is one of the most annoying characters ever, could never tell if it was bad acting or just bad writing.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just started watching and I think it's excellent so far. From what I hear in this thread there is a big drop off coming though.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just started watching and I think it's excellent so far. From what I hear in this thread there is a big drop off coming though.

Seasons 1-2 are excellent. 3 is not. 4 is better. After that, it's really overall just not a good show.

The season that focuses on religion was unwatchable. The one after that (2nd to last) was okay for the first 3 episodes. I haven't seen any of it since then. I can't imagine ever caring enough to watch the final season.

It's a shame when good shows go to shit.

I recommend True Detective on HBO.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lila fucking sucked. Possibly the most annoying character I have ever seen in a tv show. And I have seen a lot of shows.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Season's 3 and 4 were good. I never saw seasons 7 and 8 but season 5 was awful and 6 wasn't all that great either in my opinion.

I was a big fan of 1-4 overall, although some storylines were bad, I'm in the middle of season 5 and have lost interest in the show in general.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lila fucking sucked. Possibly the most annoying character I have ever seen in a tv show. And I have seen a lot of shows.

I'm enjoying her, I think we all get with a girl like that at some point in our lives. Some more often than others, but still lol.