• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dexter

William Wallace

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Predict the Dexter finale

Here's mine:

Dexter - while the writers faced the dilemma of allowing Dexter to "ride off into the sunset" with his Dark Passenger, they effectively eliminated that possibility last episode. Dexter displayed emotions and declined to kill Saxon saying he didn't feel the need to kill anymore. Then Harry told Dex "You don't need me anymore." Then again, maybe a head feint.

Deb - just when it looked like Deb was finally going to achieve some happiness, she gets shot. But remember, Deb murdered LaGuerta in cold blood. My guess is that she dies in a hospital in Dex's arms.

Final battle - (this is a slam dunk) the impending hurricane sets up the final confrontation between Dex and Saxon during the hurricane in a "Cape Fear" Robert Mitchum/Gregory Peck homage. Dex kills Saxon but in self defense.

Hannah - somehow she kills Elway

Dex, Hannah and Harrison settle in Buenos Aires. In the last scene, Harrison is in their back yard and sees a kitten. There is a flashback to Harrison sitting in Rita's blood. Then we see Harrison menacingly picking up the kitten. The End

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they have done everything they could to make harrison come out normal... so i dont think the harrison theory will work... he should be a normal kid... I think the show is going to end on a happy note for everyone(unfortunately)... Hannah and dexter are free to be loving parents for harrison...

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, I think Deb is going to die. Either that or she's going to have to run away with Dexter to wherever. I can't imagine them killing Dexter and I can't imagine them finishing the show with all the main characters alive or "happy ever after" in their current forms.

But, to some extent - I think this last episode was designed to make us think that.

I like where you're going with Harrison. That might be an interesting ending. Either Dexter, Deb, Hannah or everyone gets killed leaving him sitting in a pool of blood.

The other thing I thought they might do is that it might come out that Deb is helping Dexter and she either gets arrested by that guy she used to work with or Quinn helps her get away (since Quinn doesn't exactly have the best legal record either).

Maybe Dexter does get arrested? Deb helps him escape? I don't know. The preview from next week has my theories all messed up.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am, unfortunately, expecting a sappy ending. I just don't get the sense that the show lives on the edge like Mad Men, SOA or TWD do. I am not sure the show has the cajones to have a "The Shield"-like ending where everyone gets their own personal hell.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am, unfortunately, expecting a sappy ending. I just don't get the sense that the show lives on the edge like Mad Men, SOA or TWD do. I am not sure the show has the cajones to have a "The Shield"-like ending where everyone gets their own personal hell.

THe show has always humanized dexter even though he is a serial killer... killing him or sending him to jail would be a contradiction to the whole show... Unfortunately for a show like this i dont see any other ending than a sappy happy ending for everyone(except saxonn)...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not a HUGE correction, but when I wrote Mad Men, what I meant Breaking Bad.

MM is not exactly an edge-sitting show...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THe show has always humanized dexter even though he is a serial killer... killing him or sending him to jail would be a contradiction to the whole show... Unfortunately for a show like this i dont see any other ending than a sappy happy ending for everyone(except saxonn)...

I think you are right.

Dexter Morgan <> Vic Mackey

Dexter Morgan <> Clay Morrow

Dexter Morgan <> Rick Grimes

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either Debra or Dexter is going to be caught killing someone and be wanted for Murder and they have to go on the run.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or Deb confesses everything to Quinn and because of his love for her and because he thinks that Dexter saved his but by changing the blood samples in season 5 I believe he helps Deb Dexter and Hannah escape to South America where he joins them. And some how Dexter and Deb become wanted so they can never return to Miami.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
terrible ending... not one thing was good of it... dont understand why the writers ended anyone's story like that...

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was ok compared to the rest of this year which has been really lame. They've been going through the motions all season. It should have ended last season of the year before. It was a great show for several years. Not this year though.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was ok compared to the rest of this year which has been really lame. They've been going through the motions all season. It should have ended last season of the year before. It was a great show for several years. Not this year though.

As bad as this season was, which i did not think it was that bad, it attempted to show us how Dexter was created... I just think this ending did nothing to the whole story, the last scene at the steel mill(if that was what that was) contradicted the whole series... I am a total hater of that episode, and would love to hear from someone who liked it to explain to me why they liked it...

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As bad as this season was, which i did not think it was that bad, it attempted to show us how Dexter was created... I just think this ending did nothing to the whole story, the last scene at the steel mill(if that was what that was) contradicted the whole series... I am a total hater of that episode, and would love to hear from someone who liked it to explain to me why they liked it...

I liked it because the whole season it was building up to ohh Dexter doesnt have to be this. Then in the end he really is who he was all along and cant live a normal life.

But in the act of realizing that and purposely living a life of seclusion it does show that he does still have emotions.

Now there are certain things that I didnt like, for example how can you drag a body out of a hospital carry it on your boat and no one notices, hurricane or not someone is going to see that and be like ummmm what are you doing.

Second thing I didnt like that he dumped Debs remains into the ocean. That was a place for his kills Deb wasnt one of his normal kills and to me that act has her on the Same level as the rest of them.

Third Im not a big fade to black fan but they did do it better then the Sopranos did.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked it because the whole season it was building up to ohh Dexter doesnt have to be this. Then in the end he really is who he was all along and cant live a normal life.

But in the act of realizing that and purposely living a life of seclusion it does show that he does still have emotions.

Now there are certain things that I didnt like, for example how can you drag a body out of a hospital carry it on your boat and no one notices, hurricane or not someone is going to see that and be like ummmm what are you doing.

Second thing I didnt like that he dumped Debs remains into the ocean. That was a place for his kills Deb wasnt one of his normal kills and to me that act has her on the Same level as the rest of them.

Third Im not a big fade to black fan but they did do it better then the Sopranos did.

I would not have minded it if they both died but dexter faking his death to live alone is just WHY...
Also, the whole hospital scene with deb is just annoying and unnecessary... if you are going to kill deb off dont milk it when the result would have been the same...

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not have minded it if they both died but dexter faking his death to live alone is just WHY...
Also, the whole hospital scene with deb is just annoying and unnecessary... if you are going to kill deb off dont milk it when the result would have been the same...

Well Deb was more then just a side character it was the last person remaining from his life that kept him human also one of the main characters. I didnt mind the drawn out scene it was more for the audience to say good bye.

I would have hated if Dexter did kill himself. So the greatest serial killer in probably American History is going to off himself because he gets a little depressed.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was sad that he left his son and I couldn't understand how he could do that. Then I remembered that he is a serial killer, so it didn't seem so bad.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was sad that he left his son and I couldn't understand how he could do that. Then I remembered that he is a serial killer, so it didn't seem so bad.

So throughout the whole series they humanize dexter, and then with the final episode they just decide that dexter does not deserve happiness... I understand that he is a serial killer, but you have to know the message that you are sending throughout the whole show... I would have rather Dexter died from the storm than him faking his death to live alone...

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I thought it wasn't that bad. We don't really know Dexter's true intent for piloting his boat into the storm -- intent to die vs. intent to start over in solitude. So to assume he was trying to cover things up is really more of an assumption I think.

Also while the whole Deb thing was over the top (i.e. getting her body on his boat with no one noticing), I think Dexter dropping her corpse into the water is more symbolization that anything else. And that is, anyone that comes into Dexter's life that has any meaning will eventually suffer at the hand of his Dark Passenger in some shape or form. So to only assume the water's depths are for his kills only is an oversight. Others who have established a relationship with Dexter in some shape or form have met the same fate as well...

Last edited by a moderator:

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole deb in the hospital was just lazy writing for them to capture Saxxon... If she is going to die then why from complications after a successful surgery??