• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dexter

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with most here. Just skip the last season and we'll fill you in about how it ended. But although it dropped off a bit before that, the other later seasons are worth watching.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am, unfortunately, expecting a sappy ending. I just don't get the sense that the show lives on the edge like Mad Men, SOA or TWD do. I am not sure the show has the cajones to have a "The Shield"-like ending where everyone gets their own personal hell.
I never watched this show.

• Facepalm
Reactions: gob

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for sharing.
tipping derek jeter GIF

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Misunderstood" teaser:

This is a show my wife loved but I couldn't find a interest in because the idea of a serial killer being a good guy seem to silly to consider, until I started watching and got pulled in. Now I'm looking forward to more content.

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trailer:

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
November 7th, after 8 years Dexter returns.

Starting October 31st, Showtime is rerunning the originals.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO a really good first episode. Starting off pretty lame but the last half made me wish it were a Netflix show where I could binge watch.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am looking forward to this, but I will wait to binge. And I will probably rewatch at least the final season before I watch this. It has been a while, after all.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a word..Weak. The plotline with his son could be interesting... but that was the only aspect of the premier I found remotely compelling. The "target" that drags him back to his old ways is just some random bro asshole with no real backstory or reason for us to care one way or the other. Well, I didn't.

If after 8 years that was the best they could come up with for the reboot's premier, I don't hold out much hope for improvement. I'm going to give it 1 more shot. But there's too much quality TV available for me to waste my time on a mediocre attempt to recreate past glory.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was intending on waiting to binge this. But I caved and decided to watch it ”real time” instead.

so far, it is better than the last few seasons of the original run, but not as engrossing as the first couple seasons.

the timeframe doesn’t match (Harrison is what, 15?). I think that is adding a few years to Dexter’s life as “Jim Lindsey”. They aren’t mentioning actual dates, so I guess that is OK.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a word..Weak. The plotline with his son could be interesting... but that was the only aspect of the premier I found remotely compelling. The "target" that drags him back to his old ways is just some random bro asshole with no real backstory or reason for us to care one way or the other. Well, I didn't.

If after 8 years that was the best they could come up with for the reboot's premier, I don't hold out much hope for improvement. I'm going to give it 1 more shot. But there's too much quality TV available for me to waste my time on a mediocre attempt to recreate past glory.
I think the purpose of bro-dude, was just to get him to rage kill to put him in the path of the other serial killer. The guy to pull Dexter back in would have had to have been the type to set off his rage. If it can go back to a cat and mouse game like Ice Truck, or Trinity I think the Season could end real strong.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the purpose of bro-dude, was just to get him to rage kill to put him in the path of the other serial killer. The guy to pull Dexter back in would have had to have been the type to set off his rage. If it can go back to a cat and mouse game like Ice Truck, or Trinity I think the Season could end real strong.

Yeah.. I wrote it off too soon based upon that first episode. It's pulled me back in. I was planning to come in here with an update.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m really enjoying it so far.

Hopefully it keeps up through to the finish. But this is definitely something that appears to of been brought back with a lot of thought out into it

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While it added an interesting twist (that we all knew was coming eventually), the Angel stuff was way too “fan service”y. The idea was great, but the execution was awkward af. The convo he had with Dex’s gf was stupid. He randomly mentions that she reminded him of Deb, then went on to talk about Dex. And he makes a huge point of remembering Harrison’s name, which OMG, just happens to be Jim’s son’s name! They MUST be the same person!! OMG OMG OMG!

But, as awkward and stupid as the execution of the idea was, it gets the story to a fun, interesting point where she will be confronting Jim/Dex next week.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While it added an interesting twist (that we all knew was coming eventually), the Angel stuff was way too “fan service”y. The idea was great, but the execution was awkward af. The convo he had with Dex’s gf was stupid. He randomly mentions that she reminded him of Deb, then went on to talk about Dex. And he makes a huge point of remembering Harrison’s name, which OMG, just happens to be Jim’s son’s name! They MUST be the same person!! OMG OMG OMG!

But, as awkward and stupid as the execution of the idea was, it gets the story to a fun, interesting point where she will be confronting Jim/Dex next week.
While I thought it was absolutely fan service, there should have been a more specific example of Dexter's gf being an actual badass, so that Angel could make the Deb comparison.

It's been good so far, so let's see how they finish up.
Always liked Clancy Brown going back to Shawshank.