• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Detroit Tigers Ongoing 2017 Thread

burfboy

Canadian Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers lineup

1. Ian Kinsler, 2B
2. Alex Avila, C
3. Miguel Cabrera, 1B
4. Victor Martinez, DH
5. J.D. Martinez, RF
6. Nicholas Castellanos, 3B
7. Tyler Collins, CF
8. Mikie Mahtook, LF
9. Dixon Machado, SS

Bench: C James McCann, IF/OF Andrew Romine, SS Jose Iglesias, OF Justin Upton.

Starting pitcher: RHP Michael Fulmer

burfboy

Canadian Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Struggling......he was fuckin awful.....

HOUSTON -- Detroit Tigers pitcher Anibal Sanchez has accepted an assignment to Triple-A Toledo after struggling during a six-week stint in the bullpen. The Tigers could not have been optioned Sanchez without his permission. Manager Brad Ausmus sa...
Anibal Sanchez, struggling with Tigers, accepts demotion to Toledo

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Struggling......he was fuckin awful.....

HOUSTON -- Detroit Tigers pitcher Anibal Sanchez has accepted an assignment to Triple-A Toledo after struggling during a six-week stint in the bullpen. The Tigers could not have been optioned Sanchez without his permission. Manager Brad Ausmus sa...
Anibal Sanchez, struggling with Tigers, accepts demotion to Toledo
Sanchez is a high quality human being.

And isn't the reason his team is below .500 and in third place. Hope he enjoys baseball down there.

And I kinda hope Nicky C is reunited with him soon.

burfboy

Canadian Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And isn't the reason his team is below .500 and in third place. Hope he enjoys baseball down there.

I give kudos to Sanchez for going down to Toledo. He could just sit and collect his bucks but he wants to compete again

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I give kudos to Sanchez for going down to Toledo. He could just sit and collect his bucks but he wants to compete again
Yep.

You can see it on his face, it's killing him to pitch like he is. There is no quit in the man.

burfboy

Canadian Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers lineup

1. Ian Kinsler, 2B
2. Nicholas Castellanos, 3B
3. Miguel Cabrera, 1B
4. Victor Martinez, DH
5. J.D. Martinez, RF
6. Justin Upton, LF
7. Mikie Mahtook, CF
8. James McCann, C
9. Jose Iglesias, SS

Bench: C Alex Avila, IF/OF Andrew Romine, OF Tyler Collins, IF Dixon Machado.

Starting pitcher: RHP Jordan Zimmermann

Zwalt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,173.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Everything I've heard is Sanchez is a great guy. Fact of the matter is, it's a results oriented league and his results are putrid. I don't expect him to turn it around but cool to see him not being a dick about the situation and willing to give it a try. I'd do the same for $16 mil.

Zwalt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,173.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Castellanos is being a double anchor on this team. His offense is mediocre at best and his defense is downright awful. I'd seriously consider benching him for a few games, moving Miggy to 3rd and Avila to 1st. I know that is drastic, but Nick is costing games with his awful defense right now.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meanwhile, the Tiger hitters have 5 stinking hits in the last 2 games. WTF? Did the equipment manager leave the bats back in Detroit?

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have more respect for Sanchez allowing himself to being demoted to try to work on his issues. Wish the best for him but he was obviously terribad. As for Nick C, he is costing the team games with his garbage Defense and his bat is Iglesias level. Time to demote him for a long AAA stint.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have more respect for Sanchez allowing himself to being demoted to try to work on his issues. Wish the best for him but he was obviously terribad. As for Nick C, he is costing the team games with his garbage Defense and his bat is Iglesias level. Time to demote him for a long AAA stint.

Send Castellanos to AAA? And replace him with who? Romine? Machado? Castellanos is/isn't part of the teams' future - might as well find out now.
IMO, finding his bat is the key. Maybe as soon as next season, Cabrera will start the move to DH. Castellanos, if he hits, then they can keep Miggy at first and Casty can do the DHing, or if they want to prevent "Miggy Injuries", move Casty to 1B.

I'm looking forward to the upcoming trade deadline. I know Avila and Co wil f... it up. But how they do it will be fun to watch. (My suggestion? How about trading Ausmus? I think he has value. I know if the Tigers fire him, he will be a manager for some other club in 2018. See if they can pick up a good prospect for him. Serious - if it is allowed!)

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick has always been a horrible player in the field. But he seems cocky for some reason this year. And I don't know why, he's the worst hot corner in baseball. All around. He sucks this year.

There are a lot of weak points on this team, but that one hurts the most imo. He wouldn't even be a good DH right now. Of course he's the only guy that's seemed healthy all year too.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Send Castellanos to AAA? And replace him with who? Romine? Machado? Castellanos is/isn't part of the teams' future - might as well find out now.
IMO, finding his bat is the key. Maybe as soon as next season, Cabrera will start the move to DH. Castellanos, if he hits, then they can keep Miggy at first and Casty can do the DHing, or if they want to prevent "Miggy Injuries", move Casty to 1B.

I'm looking forward to the upcoming trade deadline. I know Avila and Co wil f... it up. But how they do it will be fun to watch. (My suggestion? How about trading Ausmus? I think he has value. I know if the Tigers fire him, he will be a manager for some other club in 2018. See if they can pick up a good prospect for him. Serious - if it is allowed!)
Most of the every team's future is in their minor league system.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Castellanos attempt on that one grounder last night was a benchable offense imo.

I know getting demoted is just a pipe dream, but he's worthy of it.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Ausmus gets fired later this summer, his use of the two hole should be enough. How can you put a guy who makes that bad of contact in the two spot? Over and over and over. Makes no sense.

And we have to listen to Rod question why Springer hits leadoff for the best team
In baseball. Comical...

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Springer bats leadoff for Houston because Altuve refused to do it. True. He pulled an Upton a couple years ago and said he was not comfortable hitting #1. Being the young superstar on the block, they looked elsewhere. I guess Springer had speed at one time, but a leg injury slowed him down. (But his OBP isn't much!)

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers' offense is down now...but it will come back. Just like the bullpen has done a little better recently. Just not enough consistency between bats, defense, bullpen, and rotation to get this team much over .500...if that.

If I had one wish....The Upton Brothers would buy the Marlins and insert themselves as co-Player/Managers.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers' offense is down now...but it will come back. Just like the bullpen has done a little better recently. Just not enough consistency between bats, defense, bullpen, and rotation to get this team much over .500...if that.

And if any of the stars are injured long-term, add in a PUKE minor league system to backfill with. Hence my prediction of 83 wins.

burfboy

Canadian Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missed you Iffy at Chase Field . It was a good game the Tigers actually won. Had a great week in the Phoenix area.