• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Detroit Tigers Ongoing 2015 Thread

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anxiousness left the house and yard pretty quickly 2nite, right ? At least he was tryin' to even up ERA's with Norris, Greene, Boyd... no sho boatin' with that rotation allowed, outside of JV....give him props for that, I guess
I did like one thing.

Rather than walk Sal Perez to create a force. He just plunked him instead.

But other than that he looked as bad as I expected.

What are they at, 43 runs given up since Satutday?

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are they at, 43 runs given up since Saturday?

sounds about right or darn close to it. 12-5-9-?17 or 15? ... something like that

what the heck happen to Miggy being tossed 2nite ? That's extremely rare for him to lose it.. I didn't watch the game, not even on gamecast. read about it only.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sounds about right or darn close to it. 12-5-9-?17 or 15? ... something like that

what the heck happen to Miggy being tossed 2nite ? That's extremely rare for him to lose it.. I didn't watch the game, not even on gamecast. read about it only.
The third base ump tossed him as he was walking back to the dugout. Idk. He wasn't yelling or anything when he got rung up. Just shaking his head and talking. He didn't even yell at the third base ump after walking down there to talk after getting the hook. Seemed weird.

Cost us the game.....

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the 3B ump.... and the home-plate ump didn't do squat... man, some ump had a Man-O-pause moment.. wow, is that ever rare...

:nono:

:pound: :pound: :pound:

I caught that.... I was almost sizz-zurpped
Home plate ump was talking to Miggy just like Miggy was talking. Civil, calm, yet confident. Miggy did toss his head back like a little kid, but no tantrum.

You know we all tune in to watch the umpires, amiright or amiright?

Wolf, Guido and Buck might have been lights out if not for that one lone call. Or maybe not.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Home plate ump was talking to Miggy just like Miggy was talking. Civil, calm, yet confident. Miggy did toss his head back like a little kid, but no tantrum.

just seems so out of the norm for him as he's one of the more patient, silent guys in all of beisbol. If he was talking about a bad pitch, not in a degrading way, then it was probably a bad call.

You know we all tune in to watch the umpires, amiright or amiright?

well, of course I only watch the umpires. is there another reason.

Wolf, Guido and Buck might have been lights out if not for that one lone call. Or maybe not.

I read it differently... boxscore that is.... Wolf and Knudson got rocked in the 4th/5th inning. Farmer 3 IP 0 runs.
boxscore or even gamecast just isn't anywhere near telling the whole story like live TV. I was too cheap to buy the whole season this year. bad enough game by game. hell nfl and cfb costs over 7 benji's for the whole season combined. SUCKS.... got to be able to buy groceries. groceries > beisbol

Last edited:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just seems so out of the norm for him as he's was or the more patient, silent guys in all of beisbol. If he was talking about a bad pitch, not in a degrading way, then it was probably a bad call.

well, of course I only watch the umpires. is there another reason.

I read it differently... boxscore that is.... Wolf and Knudson got rocked in the 4th/5th inning. Farmer 3 IP 0 runs
boxscore or even gamecast just isn't anywhere near telling the whole story like live TV. I was too cheap to buy the whole season this year. bad enough game by game. hell nfl and cfb costs over 7 benji's for the whole season combined. SUCKS.... got to be able to buy groceries. groceries > beisbol
I didn't watch the whole game. A lot of runs were scored after Wolf left, idk who they were charged to. Buck was told before the game that he's a reliever. Ausmus finally got around to reading Vice's posts. Player of the game tonight. 3innings no runs. (I'm watching the post game show now. Very informative.)

That's a lot of dough for Foosball. But I'm glad you spend it. Cuz I appreciate the acquired info.

(Is groceries code for something?)

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a lot of dough for Foosball. But I'm glad you spend it. Cuz I appreciate the acquired info.

Seasonal Direct TV all games 399 for NFL.... 299 for CFB... and I'm not glad/happy about spending $$$ at any time..It's expensive in no man's land. Vegas was a lot cheaper. I guess it's because we're gumps down here.

(Is groceries code for something?)

it's not kale, spinach or arugula... that's fo sho... but close

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wolf gave up 8 total ER but he had left two on when Knudson came and he immediately gave up a 3-run homer to Morales. When Wolf left his ER were 6 until that HR. Knudson gave up a total of 4 ER, another HR (2 run), a triple and then a rbi single before Buck relieved and got the 3 outs, two on a DP in the bottom of 5th.

Detroit Tigers vs. Kansas City Royals - Play By Play - September 02, 2015 - ESPN

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seasonal Direct TV all games 399 for NFL.... 299 for CFB... and I'm not glad/happy about spending $$$ at any time..It's expensive in no man's land. Vegas was a lot cheaper. I guess it's because we're gumps down here.

it's not kale, spinach or arugula... that's fo sho... but close
Bammer is more pricey than Vegas!?! I never would've guessed that. But I've only intentionally spent one in AL in my life. Spent three on accident. Warrior, it's not a vacation destination. Especially in the winter.

I'm pickin' up what Yer puttin' down....

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bammer is more pricey than Vegas!?

Vegas had the very best cable in the states when it came to sports and buying season packages. 1991 when there was much out there it was 39.00 for CFB and 59.00 for NFL/ I didn't start paying over a hundy until 1999 season for NFL only.

Bama sucks and makes you grab a six-pack of bar soap and then asks how limber are you. no joke.

I knew you would be pickin' it up.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buck Farmer looked good out of the pen.. Knudsen not so much. Not sure about him... His pitches look good... but he keeps locating them over the plate....

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buck Farmer looked good out of the pen.. Knudsen not so much. Not sure about him... His pitches look good... but he keeps locating them over the plate....
Farmer did very well.

But I didn't see his best two innings. Only his last, where a line drive double play stopped what looked to be another big inning.

Hope you're right about him!

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brad kept farmer in to long.. He keeps doing that... I get he was trying to eat some innings.. but if Farmer was in a 1 inning role... I think he would look really good.

Wolf is what he is.. the guy is old as heck and been around forever... He might give you a start or two where he can eat some innings... but once teams start actually preparing for him... he is screwed... He won't be on a MLB team next year... heck maybe not even next week. As soon as Sanchez or Lobstein comes up.. no reason to have Wolf around other than maybe as a mentor to the young guys... I noticed during Verlander's game that Daniel Norris and Buck Farmer were both sitting with Wolf talking... he looks like he is taking them under his wing.. not a bad thing to have around with all the young pitchers on the roster if just for the rest of the year.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Toledo's season ends Sept 7th... so I would guess Moya, Machado, Krol, Marte will all be brought up... and maybe Ferrell too.. but not so sure about him.

burfboy

Canadian Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Tigers are a real mess right now. That's not hard to see. There seems to be no leadership on this team and that starts with the manager. If the Tigers don't make some changes internally before they start free agency and trading in the offseason why would a free agent want to come to Detroit?

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Tigers are a real mess right now. That's not hard to see. There seems to be no leadership on this team and that starts with the manager. If the Tigers don't make some changes internally before they start free agency and trading in the offseason why would a free agent want to come to Detroit?

Because Detroit can afford to pay big contracts... And they have Miggy... That is why.

I agree the Tigers need to find better leadership starting with a better manager. The Tigers could greatly benefit from signing an older player on the tail of their career like Victorino or Gomez to play a bench role and help in the clubhouse.

Detroit's situation may look like crap right now.. but in all honesty... they are set up really well for a bounce back year. If Avila can get his hands on 2 good starters ( plenty of money to spend ) a lot of the issues will be solved. I doubt they go after an expensive free agent left fielder.. nor do I believe they should. Collins/Moya will be fine.. sign a good vet for a bench role or resign Rajai Davis...

The bullpen has been awful this year.. but in all honesty.. most of these games are lost before the pen even gets into the equation. The rotation is why the Tigers are out of the conversation right now... injuries and bad play there account for probably 50% of the losses.. and the offense not hitting when the rotation was on probably another 25%.. the pen only has blown 17 saves and only account for 17 of the 71 losses... which puts them right in the middle of the pack in that regard.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...the pen only has blown 17 saves and only account for 17 of the 71 losses... which puts them right in the middle of the pack in that regard.

BS is only one stat. The pen has also caused several close games (Tigers behind 1 or 2 runs) to be put completely out of reach. No matter, there is plenty of blame to go around this year.... crummy rotation, inconsistent hitting, lack of clutch hitting, managerial decisions, etc.