• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Detroit Tigers Ongoing 2015 Thread

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm right with you. (It looks to me like he can't control his two seam at all. And his four seam is just flat, fast, bp. Agree on his slider.)

Tbh I don't think he knows what he's doing anymore than Ryan Perry did. And I loathed that knucklehead. (Him double fist pounding non-alcoholic champagne post game in the locker room sealed the deal for me there.)

But his velocity is rare, so I'm sure he gets more time. Just hope it isn't in the closing role. No idea what it was that DD saw in him to anoint him "closer" in ST before his injury. At the time, I thought he was just pumping him up to deal him. Which would have been great now looking back at it.

I swear that DD may have been the greatest thing to happen to the Tigers... but its almost in all of his vast knowledge of baseball... his ability to acquire proven talent using fringe prospects... he was completely blind to how to identify a good reliever. These 2 pitch slider / fastball guys he has amassed are completely worthless if 1 of the pitches isn't working. That is why failed starters do so well as a reliever... they normally have at least 3 pitches to go to... and many times they understand how to use location and how to change speed... where as a guy that comes up through the system as a nothing but a reliever on 2 pitches doesn't seem to ever develop that use of location or the "feel". Maybe I'm completely wrong here... but that is just what it appears to me. I would much rather have a guy that throws 92 and knows how to hit spots... and can throw multiple pitches...

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope that Al Avila took a back seat to DD all this time in regards to pitching acquisitions and now that he is in charge changes the way they go after pitching. From what I have heard Avila was responsible for some nice finds for the tigers.. but I am hoping he wasn't the guy that was pushing to fill the farm with the melvin mercedes and bruce rondon's of the world.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Benoit's number's proved not only my point but that Det screwed the pooch, they guy would have been golden for the Tigers, couldn't afford him at the time or didn't want to spend it on RP, which eventually they spent that type of money on RP anyway. Its not a secret, its listed as one of DD's worst moves as a Tigers GM.

Nathan- great years at 34, 37 a very good year then hit it again at 38, with 43 saves and 1.39 era trever Hoffman also at 38 only lead the majors in Saves and had his highest CY vote place (2nd). Eckersly, Smoltz, Tom Gordon all smoked it in mid 30's. The list could just go on. Thanks for providing those pages as evidence that it was stupid to not resign Benoit. Apparently Detroit thought it would be better to wait til 39-40 for those peak years on Nathan, then cry that DD tried and shocked when it didn't work. I know before Nathan blew up, you thought signing a 39 yr old was a great decision. I already know you have no idea how to judge relievers,

LOL... he can't admit he had no idea how old Benoit was... he just can't do it... He can't admit all the stuff he posted was complete BS... He didn't know how old Benoit was... He didn't know that Nathan's age 36 year was complete crap... LOL... Seriously.. The year they let Benoit walk.. they signed Nathan... Yes.. nathan was 39... Benoit was 37... not like they were getting some spring chicken with either... They didn't do it because they couldn't afford him.. they paid nathan more... I never once cheered the signing of Nathan. I hated the guy with the Twins... I don't know how to judge relievers? What does that even have to do with anything? Who cares if I know how to judge relievers.. I am not a MLB scout... where were we even talking about my ability to judge a reliever? Are you drunk or on drugs? Get help...

You have named 1.... yes.. 1 guy that you could legitimately argue had his best season in his mid to late 30's.. eckersly.. and even he had a season in his true prime years that could be argued as better when he was a starter... this whole arguement got skewed the second you were proven wrong.. it started as you trying to prove that the prime years of a reliever was their late 30's.... that was proven wrong.. you look like an idiot bums... seriously... admit you were wrong and you at least would get a tiny bit of respect.

Once again da55bums... do you not understand what the definition of "peaked" is? "peaked" does not mean have the ability to have good seasons later in their career... peaked mean the best.. Hoffman's best year was his age 30 year... if you think smoltz best years were his closer years.. you once again are an idiot...he won 24 games and was CY as a 29 yr old... did those guys have productive mid 30's seasons? yes.. were they the best seasons of their career? NO... your a moron bro... this is my last post in reference to you... i am going to let you fade away like the nasty Budweiser fart you are... blow away into the wind bums... without me responding.... you are nothing more than a clown that posts stupid shit. Even your old CBS buddies don't want you around anymore.. go back to AL Central Smack thread and talk to doug... he is more your speed...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I swear that DD may have been the greatest thing to happen to the Tigers... but its almost in all of his vast knowledge of baseball... his ability to acquire proven talent using fringe prospects... he was completely blind to how to identify a good reliever. These 2 pitch slider / fastball guys he has amassed are completely worthless if 1 of the pitches isn't working. That is why failed starters do so well as a reliever... they normally have at least 3 pitches to go to... and many times they understand how to use location and how to change speed... where as a guy that comes up through the system as a nothing but a reliever on 2 pitches doesn't seem to ever develop that use of location or the "feel". Maybe I'm completely wrong here... but that is just what it appears to me. I would much rather have a guy that throws 92 and knows how to hit spots... and can throw multiple pitches...
Definitely DD's Achilles heel.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you once again are an idiot

your a moron bro

you are nothing more than a clown that posts stupid shit.

C'mon man... re-read some of your posts. I know you're chronologically an adult, very smart when it comes to beisbol, but all the above isn't necessary and it's repetitive. Temper your temptations... PLEASE

without me responding

try that in your above post. :nod:

you'll like yourself more.. or maybe it's more poster's on this thread will.

:suds:

burfboy

Canadian Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tuesday in KC......go Chiefs. ...
Gose
Kinsler
Miggy
JD
VMart
Nick
Collins
McCann
Iggy
JV on the hill. ..
Wow 2 games with Victor #5....late season push for the playoffs by Brad..

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Porcello k'ed 13 tonight in 8 innings... but lost... sucks for him... finally had a decent start.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fat boy Bruce actually didn't look that bad today outside of the Zobrist at bat...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and not even looking at him at first.

Located his pitches though.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tiger's minor leagues had a good day today -

• Toledo wins - 7-5 Daniel Fields and Manny Pina led the way with 2 hits and 3 hits respectively.. both had 2 rbi
  • Erie wins - 6-4 Fulmer only goes 4 innings and gave up 2 runs... looks like Tigers are trying to limit his innings Calvin Drumond pitched 3 scoreless innings.. look for him to get a look next year in the pen.
  • Lakeland lost 5-2 - not much to see here.. Brinceno should be a reliever...
  • West Michigan won 10-0 - Spencer Turnbull dominated in 6.2 innings with 12 k's.. he could be really good... every batter got a hit.. Kade Scivicque 2015 4th round pick hit a HR as did Michael Gerber.. Gerber is the next Tyler Collins type... Kade Scivicque looks like he might be a decent offensive catcher.. not so sure about his defensive work though... Tigers 1st round pick christian stewart had 2 hits and raised his average to .301. SS AJ Simcox still is hitting like crazy.. .369 BA got another 2 hits today...
  • Connecticut Tigers won 8-4 - Tigers 2nd Round pick Tyler Alexander kept his ERA under 1...

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and not even looking at him at first.

Located his pitches though.
and his fastball had actual movement on it and he didn't just throw it down the pipe at 100 mph... maybe there is hope for him..

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Tigers are 31-20 against Central Division teams and 30-50 against non-division

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Porcello k'ed 13 tonight in 8 innings... but lost... sucks for him... finally had a decent start.

Actually two good starts in a row for Ricky. He also threw 7 scoreless innings in his first start back off the DL on August 26, beating the Chisox 3-0.

burfboy

Canadian Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wednesday
Gose
Kinsler
Miggy
JD
VMart
Nick
Collins
Iggy
Avila
Wolf on the hill. ...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been anxiously awaiting my chance to see Wolf pitch for us.

burfboy

Canadian Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how long I will be able to to watch the game tonight. I am getting the Royal feed and Rex Hudler makes me want to throw up every time he opens his mouth. To top it off it is his fucking birthday today how bad is this going to get.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been anxiously awaiting my chance to see Wolf pitch for us.

anxiousness left the house and yard pretty quickly 2nite, right ? At least he was tryin' to even up ERA's with Norris, Greene, Boyd... no sho boatin' with that rotation allowed, outside of JV....give him props for that, I guess