• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Detroit Tigers Ongoing 2015 Thread

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was completely wrong.. couldn't even get through the lineup once... grant it the blue jays lineup is tough.. but not impressed... Farmer needs to go to the pen also.

just get used to saying at the beginning of every post "was completely wrong" or put it in your signature.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just get used to saying at the beginning of every post "was completely wrong" or put it in your signature.
Seriously bums... you just can't stay away from me can you? I am on Tigers boards.. you are not a tigers fan.. you just troll me... you were banned once from this thread... don't post messages to me... you are stalking me. I want nothing to do with you... even royals fans are sick of you stalking me.. its old man... its been years.. stop.. seriously.. stop.

Last edited:

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This teams play over the course of the season and more importantly since the all-star is absolutely horrifying.

Miggy, JV, JD and Kinsler are the only positives to even consider watching this team for the remainder of the season.

The positives.. as difficult as it may be to see.. is by them ending up in the bottom 10 records in the league they get draft protection when signing free agents.... which opens up a larger market for them to go after this offseason. Plus a better prospect in the draft... Tigers can easily bounce back from this next year with a few nice free agent signings for the rotation and a trade for a LFer. Look on the bright side.. the Tigers will actually have a shot to draft a top 10 talent and get a nice piece for the future.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to laugh. I have a 55 yr old man that stalks me around the internet. LOL... its pretty funny if you think about it. The guy just can't not message me. A few days go by and he has to locate where I am posting.. whether it be here or other sites... LOL... He for sure :wank: to the thought of me. Sad really.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather have Price than either or 'em.

(No statistics will sway that either.)

Price or Cueto would be just as good, but still going to have to spend close to Max type money. Got to pay, either way.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cueto with a near 4 era in the month of august.. and growing.. fyi and that is WITH playing in the pitchers park that is kaufman. Cueto is NOT on Price's level.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to laugh. I have a 55 yr old man that stalks me around the internet. LOL... its pretty funny if you think about it. The guy just can't not message me. A few days go by and he has to locate where I am posting.. whether it be here or other sites... LOL... He for sure :wank: to the thought of me. Sad really.

You are delusional but that's never been up for debate. I can see why Hammer thought so too and banned you from this site. you make so much crap up, you have to be. Not even close to 55, but thanks coming from a 36 yr old cocaine user. was on CBS and SportsHoopla before you. FYI look at dates joined for SportsHoopla-strange you showed up a couple of weeks after me, hmmmm. But then again, you really aren't good with facts. Even you brag about your decade of trolling royals fans, sucks that Royals are better than the tigers now, you have to change to whinning now. Why don't you go to Mlive, like you said you were.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cueto with a near 4 era in the month of august.. and growing.. fyi and that is WITH playing in the pitchers park that is kaufman. Cueto is NOT on Price's level.

Thanks, your endorsement of Ventura about 8 weeks ago was the kiss of death for your "predictions" as well. He only has gone 5-0 since you said Ventura "wasn't a major league starter", lol

I already like how Cueto is going to pitch now, thanks Doug Sr.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are delusional but that's never been up for debate. I can see why Hammer thought so too and banned you from this site. you make so much crap up, you have to be. Not even close to 55, but thanks coming from a 36 yr old cocaine user. was on CBS and SportsHoopla before you. FYI look at dates joined for SportsHoopla-strange you showed up a couple of weeks after me, hmmmm. But then again, you really aren't good with facts. Even you brag about your decade of trolling royals fans, sucks that Royals are better than the tigers now, you have to change to whinning now. Why don't you go to Mlive, like you said you were.

who is the 36 yr old cocaine user? are you implying thats me? cause im not 36... nor do i use cocaine.. you have issues man.. serious ones.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to laugh. I have a 55 yr old man that stalks me around the internet

hey now. watch it. I'm older than him. Maybe I'm stalking you and you're not aware yet.

seriously Vice, let it go with Bums. You could very easily just ignore him but you don't. It's not worth it to fill up the Tiger's threads with you and DaBums back and forth.

I have to give credit to DaBums because he's in your head and you can't ever resist writing something back. If you're a smart guy, you'd know exactly how to deal with this issue.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey now. watch it. I'm older than him. Maybe I'm stalking you and you're not aware yet.

seriously Vice, let it go with Bums. You could very easily just ignore him but you don't. It's not worth it to fill up the Tiger's threads with you and DaBums back and forth.

I have to give credit to DaBums because he's in your head and you can't ever resist writing something back. If you're a smart guy, you'd know exactly how to deal with this issue.

you are correct...

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do like the thought of having a top 10 pick next June but not interested in going after Cueto or any other high priced (above 20M per yr avg) SP.

one of Leake, Latos or Zimmerman would be fine. Latos is/has been oft injured or missed quite a few starts so I'm not too sure about him.

I'm kind of missing Cespedes in LF to be honest after seeing Collins' play and recent bat but I wouldn't want the price tag that would come with Cespedes. Ya got to admit Vice, Cespedes arm, runs saved potential and speed in the outfield sure come in hand but he's not a good baserunner and swings at shit 6" off the dirt and 6" outside.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do like the thought of having a top 10 pick next June but not interested in going after Cueto or any other high priced (above 20M per yr avg) SP.

one of Leake, Latos or Zimmerman would be fine. Latos is/has been oft injured or missed quite a few starts so I'm not too sure about him.

I'm kind of missing Cespedes in LF to be honest after seeing Collins' play and recent bat but I wouldn't want the price tag that would come with Cespedes. Ya got to admit Vice, Cespedes arm, runs saved potential and speed in the outfield sure come in hand but he's not a good baserunner and swings at shit 6" off the dirt and 6" outside.
Latos won't cost much.. i would bet where ever he signs its a short term deal to prove he can stay healthy. He is only 27 and doesn't need to sign a long term deal. Zimmerman would be the only guy that would cost a draft pick out of the top guys. Price, Cueto, Leake, Latos, all were traded so they can't be given qualifying offers. Cueto will get a 6 yr mega deal somewhere.. and i would not want him at that cost.. price would be worth every penny.. he looks like the type that will age well. if grienke could be had for 5 yrs and 130/140... it would probably be tempting. The dodgers pocket book is deep though so i doubt he leaves unless he wants out of LA.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
price is going to be 7 yrs 200 mil at least... wouldn't surprise me to see toronto back up the truck if they make a run. they have a very wealthy owner and money coming off the books to afford it.

My guess is the tigers main target will be zimmerman... with an eye on what grienke does. Then add a second guy in the latos/fister/buerhle price range on a shorter deal. I would bet they trade a guy like boyd or farmer to get a LFer... i don't see them investing much money there in free agency. My guess is most of their cash goes to the rotation. no good reliever are on the market...

i want to see the young guys in the tigers system get a chance in the pen... you can't put to much value in performances by a young 24/25 yr old reliever in his first month of mlb experience... butterflies and comfort play a big part. let them get those out now and come back experienced in the spring.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think going after Price, Cueto or Greinke isn't a finacially smart move unless they somehow gtrade V-Mart, which I want, but don't think will happen. Now, don't be surprised to see them try to trade Kinsler this off-season. I like Kinzzy a lot but that 14M per year for him and 17M for V-Mart would kill them attempting to try and get any of the three aforementioned SP. all imo solely.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cueto will get a 6 yr mega deal somewhere.

agree

grienke could be had for 5 yrs and 130/140

not sure why he'd opt out of a 3 year nearly ?78M? left.... correct me if i'm wrong on that.

price is going to be 7 yrs 200 mil at least

agree here too.

if I had to chose one of the three it'd be Greinke from a cost perspective and I think he projects better for Comerica Park with that defense should Kinsler remain.

I'm just thinking Cueto will go downward after getting a 25M+ plus contract avg per year. just a hunch and nothing more.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think going after Price, Cueto or Greinke isn't a finacially smart move unless they somehow gtrade V-Mart, which I want, but don't think will happen. Now, don't be surprised to see them try to trade Kinsler this off-season. I like Kinzzy a lot but that 14M per year for him and 17M for V-Mart would kill them attempting to try and get any of the three aforementioned SP. all imo solely.

kinsler's value is at a high right now.. i doubt the tigers trade him unless they get something real nice in return... they don't really have a good offensive option anywhere in their system at 2nd base to replace him with. Travis was his replacement and he is in toronto now.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree

not sure why he'd opt out of a 3 year nearly ?78M? left.... correct me if i'm wrong on that.

agree here too.

if I had to chose one of the three it'd be Greinke from a cost perspective and I think he projects better for Comerica Park with that defense should Kinsler remain.

I'm just thinking Cueto will go downward after getting a 25M+ plus contract avg per year. just a hunch and nothing more.

he would opt out because it would add 2 or 3 years to his contract and double the guaranteed money.. my guess is he opts out and resigns with the dodgers..

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am more worried about cueto's arm health than either of the other two. to be honest.. i would rather see the tigers pick up a guy like buerhle on a short term deal than spend on cueto... he has a LOT of innings on that arm and it looks like it may be catching up to him.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kinsler's value is at a high right now.. i doubt the tigers trade him unless they get something real nice in return...

yep, it's the highest it's going to be for the remainder of his career. Avila should strike while the iron is molten hot all the while getting a great return in value in SP prospects. I'd truly hate to see him go but there is chatter that howie kendricks might not be around next year in LAD. I can't honestly think of any other 2B that's available as a FA that would be worthy or even a prospect at 2B that is MLB ready.