• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Detroit Tigers Ongoing 2015 Thread

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 hits through 6 innings vs the shittiest pitching in the AL...

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jefry Marte is one of those guys that could end up being the next JD Martinez... He was a highly regarded prospect at one point for the Mets... but his development stalled and they gave up on him. He is still only 24. 1st base isn't his position.. 3rd is... Not sure what the Tigers plans for him are.. but he at the very least has proven he has MLB caliber power and on base skills.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fulmer's start today in AA Erie... 6 innings 5 hits 5K 1BB 0 runs ERA down to 1.64 in AA

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Krol and Gorzelanny helping the Tigers draft standing.

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jefry Marte is one of those guys that could end up being the next JD Martinez... He was a highly regarded prospect at one point for the Mets... but his development stalled and they gave up on him. He is still only 24. 1st base isn't his position.. 3rd is... Not sure what the Tigers plans for him are.. but he at the very least has proven he has MLB caliber power and on base skills.

Just stop with whoever Det calls up will be good, you keep proving to be horrible at it. Got to be 1-30 just in the last year, Hardy still holding on. You obviously read some scouting reports and blow them up without actually looking at numbers, which are more truthfull than anything.

he hit .258 in the minors, was a prospect at 17 with 1 good season in RK ball fell off the table at 18 and was never a prospect after that. Yes, he has all the makings of a Detroit 3b if you want Detroit to suck. He almost makes Hernan Perez look good, lol. You oviously think right in line with the scout staff of the worst minors in baseball.

JD hit .332 in the minors, not even close to him.

Marte is not good and will make Inge look like a HOFer.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vice.....seriously. You do spend time to delve into the Tigers' minor league system and find info that would be a big help for a board to know - Who is down there and what they are doing? BUT....please stop with the "real estate" pitches for every Tiger prospect that crosses your eye.
I could direct you to an article by a writer who covers the D'Backs daily for an AZ paper, who recently compared AZ's minor league system with those systems that gave up prospects at the trade deadline. He ADMITS his teams' system ranks in the bottom third in the MLB. He likes some of the prospects but he admits that most of them past the top 4-5 will never see the majors or if they do will not be impact players. He bluntly states that several of the D'Backs Top 10 prospects have a long way to go to even sniff the major league.
Now the Tigers system has to be near the very bottom of the MLB....yet you come in here and try to sell every prospect that passes gas as a possible big leaguer. Could you please refrain a little on the sales pitch and just report progress or lack of progress for these guys? Thanks.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone should teach Iggy how to run the bases I have seen him run up the grass in fair territory to first base many times this year
You don't see that call made very often.

Good call for sure though.

No kid should imitate Iggys game. Not a single part of it.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vice.....seriously. You do spend time to delve into the Tigers' minor league system and find info that would be a big help for a board to know - Who is down there and what they are doing? BUT....please stop with the "real estate" pitches for every Tiger prospect that crosses your eye.
I could direct you to an article by a writer who covers the D'Backs daily for an AZ paper, who recently compared AZ's minor league system with those systems that gave up prospects at the trade deadline. He ADMITS his teams' system ranks in the bottom third in the MLB. He likes some of the prospects but he admits that most of them past the top 4-5 will never see the majors or if they do will not be impact players. He bluntly states that several of the D'Backs Top 10 prospects have a long way to go to even sniff the major league.
Now the Tigers system has to be near the very bottom of the MLB....yet you come in here and try to sell every prospect that passes gas as a possible big leaguer. Could you please refrain a little on the sales pitch and just report progress or lack of progress for these guys? Thanks.

Really Iffy? Really? Really? :wank:

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pretty sure a few weeks ago you were not saying that Smitty. Iglesias is probably the best overall shortstop in the game. If he irons out his fundamentals he could be special... What do you suggest trade him? ( I already know your answer)

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just stop with whoever Det calls up will be good, you keep proving to be horrible at it. Got to be 1-30 just in the last year, Hardy still holding on. You obviously read some scouting reports and blow them up without actually looking at numbers, which are more truthfull than anything.

he hit .258 in the minors, was a prospect at 17 with 1 good season in RK ball fell off the table at 18 and was never a prospect after that. Yes, he has all the makings of a Detroit 3b if you want Detroit to suck. He almost makes Hernan Perez look good, lol. You oviously think right in line with the scout staff of the worst minors in baseball.

JD hit .332 in the minors, not even close to him.

Marte is not good and will make Inge look like a HOFer.

Bums.... why do you care what I think about Tigers players and prospects... am I on Royals boards worrying about your opininon? Seriously Bums.. don't be so bitter that I banned you from my sports chat site. Quit stalking me and move on with your life.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure a few weeks ago you were not saying that Smitty. Iglesias is probably the best overall shortstop in the game. If he irons out his fundamentals he could be special... What do you suggest trade him? ( I already know your answer)
Are you sure?

You'd know. Since it's just MY opinion were tallinbough here. (Three seasons of daily comments to peruse. You'd find plenty from me that consist of not caring for Iggys BS. Great hands though.)

Why would we trade him? You think he'd clear waivers? Trading him has nothing to do with kids not taking on his habits. (Pete Rose is a lying sleaze, but I wish every kid would play the game like he did.)

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iffy... if you don't like my "real estate pitch" put me on your ignore list. I'm not supposed to have a positive outlook for the team I enjoy? Get the fuck out of here with that shit.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you sure?

You'd know. Since it's just MY opinion were tallinbough here. (Three seasons of daily comments to peruse. You'd find plenty from me that consist of not caring for Iggys BS. Great hands though.)

Why would we trade him? You think he'd clear waivers? Trading him has nothing to do with kids not taking on his habits. (Pete Rose is a lying sleaze, but I wish every kid would play the game like he did.)

Iglesias has plenty of BS in the last 3 years? Where? Outside of the last episode... he has been very sure handed, well above average defensively.. and hit better than expected... how could you have a gripe with the guy other than the other day? Iglesias is far from flawless.. but he rarely misses a routine play.. makes amazing web gems often... hustles to first every at bat... you are acting like he costs the Tigers runs often... he rarely gets errors... and his Defensive War is one of the best for SS... where is your issue with him outside of the other day?

Last edited:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iglesias has plenty of BS in the last 3 years? Where? Outside of the last episode... he has been very sure handed, well above average defensively.. and hit better than expected... how could you have a gripe with the guy other than the other day? Iglesias is far from flawless.. but he rarely misses a routine play.. makes amazing web gems often... hustles to first every at bat... you are acting like he costs the Tigers runs often... he rarely gets errors... and his Defensive War is one of the best for SS... where is your issue with him outside of the other day?
Start reading thru posts from the last three years.

Not my fault you got banned and haven't been able to follow the conversation.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This site cracks me up sometimes... Its loaded with homers and negative fans that piss on their own team. Its so hard to find someone that just wants to talk baseball on here and not just vent their frustration with the team. Why is it so hard to just have a good baseball conversation.... I am fine with opinions.. but when people start taking personal shots... it really gets pointless. Have I ever personally insulted you smitty? I am serious.. I am trying to talk baseball with you... if you want.. I will just stop.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say to you what I said to TPaul a year ago.

The insults don't need to be directed at me for them to get old.

I don't care for the way Iggy carries himself or his lack of effort on routine plays or his desire to hot dog whenever the chance arises. That is not a new stance for me. Nor is it for several other people. His teammates, atleast several of them, have also had their fill.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say to you what I said to TPaul a year ago.

The insults don't need to be directed at me for them to get old.

I don't care for the way Iggy carries himself or his lack of effort on routine plays or his desire to hot dog whenever the chance arises. That is not a new stance for me. Nor is it for several other people. His teammates, atleast several of them, have also had their fill.

I can respect the fact you dislike Iglesias. Im not quite sure who you would rather see at SS than him.. but if you dislike him... that is your thing. As for insults.. other than da55bums (who stalks me across multiple sports chat sites) and iffy ( who is just here to piss people off ) I am not to sure who you see me insulting. I have had prior history with both of those clowns for years. Im not here to insult people. If I was to get upset... I would stop posting here. I am trying to discuss Tigers baseball but you guys keep turning it into personal stuff... I mean.. if you want this thread to yourselves.. just tell me. I don't want to discuss you... I want to discuss the Tigers. Your opinion is your opinion as is mine.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never said I wanted someone else at short.

Same guy, different habits would be nice. His 1st base coach is more than capable of showing him the right way to play short. But he needs to get on it.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I do have to seriously disagree with this. Iglesias is in the top part of the league for infield hits. He gets them because he runs hard to first every at bat. If you are going to rip everything about the guy... at least give him credit where due.. its not like the guy doesn't hustle his ass off every time to first. He does.