• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Detroit Tigers Ongoing 2015 Thread

Dutchis59

Senior Advisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cespedes to the Mets for 2 righthanded pitchers Michael Fulmer and Luis Cessa

Winnipegger

Detroit Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daniel Norris is my new favourite athlete. Great 48 hours DD. Hopefully Boyd can get some work in during September.

Blitzville

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Tigers really did a fantastic job. They needed some young talented arms in the pipeline. They have them now.

burfboy

Canadian Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saturday in the park
Gose
Iggy
Kinsler
VMart
JD
Nick
McCann
Avila 1B
Davis lf
Sanchez on the hill. ...

burfboy

Canadian Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sunday
Gose
Iggy
Kinsler
VMart
JD
McCann
Nick
Avila 1B
Davis lf
Norris on the hill

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burf, if it's any consolation prize, he might be dealt during the waiver-wire period.

A Western-Bronco might be hoping, if Avila is traded, that he's back next year.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No sense in rushing Miggy back even if it's not until next season. I'd rather Miggy have all the time needed to recoup from back-to-back injury/surgery-laden years. Next spring would be just fine with me for a Miggy return.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers can still make a run... but I would be just fine with a last place finish and a top 10 draft pick to go with all the new prospects. Reload with a few free agent pitchers in the offseason and maybe a LFer.

Wilson should get his shot at being closer. Fun Fact. Wilson was considered a throw in piece in the Porcello/Cespedes trade. Smart move.

Next years rotation - Free Agent (Cueto, Zimmerman, Leake???), Verlander, Sanchez, Free Agent 2 (Fister, Latos, samardzija??)

Tigers will have a projected 50 mil to spend AFTER arbitration raises. So they can easily afford to get 2 starters, a top level LFer (Cespedes/Gordon/Upton) and a reliever or two. I don't see them spending big on relievers after getting all the arms. I think they will go into next year with Wilson at closer, and use a few younger guys in the pen. I see a few low level pickups in the bullpen, but nothing huge.

Winning teams don't spend big on closers or relievers... Their lifespan is to short and they are not good investments. Tigers need to figure out how to develop them like the Royals, Cards, and Giants. For Christ's sake the Marlins always have a good pen... and its not like they are going out spending huge money on relievers. Its not like the Tigers didn't just load up on arms.

Winnipegger

Detroit Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Jordan Zimmermann, he's a real "pitcher," not a thrower, and if the Tigers are going to spend some money/term on a 30 year old pitcher I'd feel more comfortable with his style going into his mid 30s.
1 Zimmermann
2 Verlander
3 Sanchez
4 Norris
5 FA number 2
I think that rotation can win if there are some significant upgrades to the bullpen. At first glance of the FA list I think Darren O'Day can be lured out of Baltimore. He's blocked by Zach Britton for the foreseeable future so if he's offered a decent chunk of change and the closer role I think he takes it.

The hitting will be there, I highly doubt Cespedes signs so I'd focus on Justin Upton. I feel like he still hasn't reached his ceiling.

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read an article by Mitch Albom. He said this season is a failure. Kinda harsh but I guess he's right

Last edited:

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Jordan Zimmermann, he's a real "pitcher," not a thrower, and if the Tigers are going to spend some money/term on a 30 year old pitcher I'd feel more comfortable with his style going into his mid 30s.
1 Zimmermann
2 Verlander
3 Sanchez
4 Norris
5 FA number 2
I think that rotation can win if there are some significant upgrades to the bullpen. At first glance of the FA list I think Darren O'Day can be lured out of Baltimore. He's blocked by Zach Britton for the foreseeable future so if he's offered a decent chunk of change and the closer role I think he takes it.

The hitting will be there, I highly doubt Cespedes signs so I'd focus on Justin Upton. I feel like he still hasn't reached his ceiling.

Zimmerman won't be getting a 6 or 7 year deal.. He will be much more affordable. I bet he signs for 4-5 yrs and somewhere around 90-110 mil... Guys like Latos can be had on a short term deal to rebuild his value. He is only 27. Lots of decent starters out there this offseason that can be had. I doubt Fister will cost much and I would be happy with him as a #5.

Tigers have plenty of money and options. They have 2 rotation spots to fill, LF, and a bullpen spot or 2. They can easily fill these needs with the 50 mil or so they have available. I wouldn't be surprised to see a trade or two either. Tigers are actually in a pretty good spot for next year and moving forward.

I would like to see them get a high draft pick.. but I won't complain if they make a playoff push. How nice would it be though for them to get a top ten pick to add to the young talent they got. Farm system would be fairly decent after another good draft.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daniel Norris is my new favourite athlete. Great 48 hours DD. Hopefully Boyd can get some work in during September.

Ya never know how prospects will pan out, but a nice first effort from Norris. I read that Norris was rated as the #3 LHP prospect in all of baseball. Also, Tim Kurkjian said Michael Fulmer was a "steal" in the Cespedes trade, given that Cespedes is basically a rental player.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fungo bat just hit 3 HR in one game at AA Erie....

JaCoby Jones has 37 HR in a little over 900 minor league at-bats, to go with a .278 BA. That's pretty solid. He was drafted as an outfielder but converted to shortstop. Given that the Tigers are set at SS for a few years, they might move him back to OF or use him as part of an offseason trade with a team that needs an SS.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Vice...tell us more about Steven Moya. lol I believe you also rated Buck Farmer as an up and coming pitcher that would fit into the rotation. (Now watch the hedging....lmao).

Winnipegger

Detroit Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having more prospects is great, but I think the value in these guys comes at next year's deadline as trade chips. This is still a "win now" team that just saw their season end sooner than usual, at least something was salvaged from the lost season.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question for Tiger fans should be....is the Illitch family going to be still interested in spending major dollars on the Tigers? This coming winter could be a major turning point in Tiger history. Will the Illitch family really try to "RELOAD" the Tigers by spending big on free agents/trades.....or do they start to pull back and figure they took their best shot and fell short? The first step will tell us a lot....will Dombrowski be back?