• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Detroit Tigers Ongoing 2015 Thread

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers WIN! Twins are losing big. Mike Leake rental is coming soon. Maybe Daniel Nava from the Red Sox and signing of Joe Thatcher. I'm looking for a big winning streak. These guys could finish the season with 82 or 83 wins and easily take a wild card spot. As the old DickMc would say LGDT.
:pound:

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers GM: We're open for business

i

Said Tigers GM Dave Dombrowski, acknowledging the team will look to trade some of its stars before the deadline: "We're only going to make a trade if we think it makes sense for us. But we think it gives us a chance to restock our club." (via MLB's website)
MLB 34m

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams allegedly interested in Price; Dodgers, Cubs, Giants, Jays, Yankees, Astro's

Teams allegedly interested in Cespedes; Mets, Orioles, Twins, Astro's, Angels..

Let the bidding WAR begin

rumor had it two days ago that the Mets had dangled Wheeler for Cespedes. The sticking point was that the Mets wanted the Tiger's to pick up remaining year end $$$ on Cespedes contract

I'd take Wheeler in a nanosecond

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say this... anyone that thinks Verlander's career is over is way jumping the gun. I am not saying he is going to be CY Young caliber.. but he is FAR from finished.

I've said elsewhere... I think he's done being a premiere pitcher and will never be worth his salary again. But he can (and I think WILL) still have some good to very good seasons. Two straight starts of 8 IP and 1 ER. Should have won both. Noticeably better location and bite on his breaking pitches. And the most important thing: staying healthy and no recurring pain. It takes a while longer for a 32-year old to bounce back from injury and time off than a 25-year old.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've said elsewhere... I think he's done being a premiere pitcher and will never be worth his salary again. But he can (and I think WILL) still have some good to very good seasons. Two straight starts of 8 IP and 1 ER. Should have won both. Noticeably better location and bite on his breaking pitches. And the most important thing: staying healthy and no recurring pain. It takes a while longer for a 32-year old to bounce back from injury and time off than a 25-year old.

Verlander has looked fine pretty much since his second start. His velocity has been good and had good bite on his breaking pitches... His biggest issue has been location.. which is the last thing to come back. You are not looking at a guy that is throwing 91 mph this year... he is touching 96-97 mph and has been regularly around 95 mph. He isn't a 28 mil a year guy.... and that will be held against him... but the Tigers can easily still be a playoff team next year with a nice free agent signing like Cueto or Zimmerman, Verlander, Sanchez, and what ever the Tigers can land for Price, Cespedes, and Soria.

Price trade is going to be huge toward not only filling a rotation spot for next year but adding a top level prospect. I think it takes a MLB ready guy AND a top prospect to get him.
Cespedes trade is going to land another MLB ready pitcher
Soria is just icing on the cake.

Dombrowski could literally fill 2 rotation spots AND bring in 2 or 3 very good prospects by trading these 3. I think Rajai Davis could even land a decent prospect. If Zobrist can land the Royals top pitching prospect... Davis can at least land a mid level prospect from someone in need of a decent outfielder.

Its funny because the Tigers lost lots of talent to land Soria, Price, Greene, and the other trades the past few years... but they can probably stop right back up if they play their cards right. I can almost guarantee the Tigers will not be 30th in farm system after Friday.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The trades so far have set the market for Price... if Cueto cost the Royals last years #1 over pick (their 3rd rated prospect) and 2 other very good prospects.... Price is going to land more.

Cespedes is going to bring back a HUGE haul if Zobrist cost the Royals top prospect.

Soria isn't being talked about as much.. but he could land another high level prospect or MLB ready pitcher.

Davis could land a mid level prospect.

Avila could even land a decent prospect.

This isn't a rebuild... its a perfect storm of having 6 free agents leaving... that almost all have value.. and a underperforming team that make for a RETOOLING... I doubt a single player under contract for next year is traded. I would be surprised if the Tigers don't have a new closer (wilson) a new LF (moya/collins) and a new 4th outfielder (moya/fields) after the deadline.

I may be optimistic.. but depending on the level of MLB ready starter/s the tigers land... they can still make a playoff push even after trading these guys. Losing Cespedes will hurt the most.. but I would not be surprised to see him back in DET next year after signing with them in the offseason. How awesome would it be to trade Cespedes for a solid young MLB starter AND resign him in the offseason?

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching the trades going down... and what looks like a huge setup for the Dodgers to get Price... I really can't wait to see what happens.... If the Tigers some how end up getting a top prospect + Wood from the Dodgers fro Price... and get a young proven MLB starter for Cespedes... The Tigers might actually be BETTER.

This whole situation if done right seriously could set the Tigers up to not only restock their young prospect pool... but could also end up making them a MUCH better team next year and allow them to spend money to add a nice top end starter, closer, and LFer all the while filling holes in the rotation with young fairly cheap proven starters.

I am actually more excited for this than the trade deadlines of years past because instead of mortgaging the future for a short term run... they may just may set themselves up to contend for years to come off this.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talk from LA is that Wood and an inf named Sweeney(?) will be swapped for Price. Got that off a radio chat show.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a Darnell Sweeney. A 2b/of at OKl City (PCL). Speed, decent hitter...but it is the PCL. I don't know if this was just a radio BS report or not. I guess will know sooner or later.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way its just wood.... Cueto got 3 high level prospects.. finnegan was ranked the royals top prospect on some sites...

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reports out today say Dodgers are the favorites for Price. With a trade built around their top pitching prospect Urias and Wood. If thats the case... WOW

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blue Jays To Acquire David Price
By Jeff Todd [July 30, 2015 at 11:35am CDT]
The Blue Jays have agreed to acquire star lefty David Price from the Tigers, Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com reports on Twitter. The marquee piece coming in return is top Blue Jays prospect Daniel Norris, Heyman adds. Outfielder Anthony Alford is “likely” included as well, Jon Morosi of FOX Sports tweets. As always, the deal is pending medicals.

It remains to be seen what other pieces are involved in the deal, but certainly those two players are a very strong start. It’s the second time in two years that Price has been featured as a marquee summer trade chip. This time, of course, he’s a pure rental with one function: driving his new team to and through the post-season this year.

This haul just for Price..
QONVIyz.gif

I mean I wanted Urias,Wood, Puig and De Leon.. But I honestly don't think that was realistic unless they included Cespedes..

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Norris and two mid-level lefty pitchers. Matt Boyd, who was roughed up in his two major league starts, and a guy named LeBourt who is a couple of years away and projects as a mid-rotation guy. Would have preferred Wood, but word is that Dodgers would not part with him. Norris has not impressed this year but he is/was the Blue Jays top prospect.

JupiterSky 1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should have never shelled oyt the big bucks on Sanchezlet him go and kept Fister and the could have kept Price Overall Very Bad Gm Moves

JupiterSky 1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should hav not paid Sanchez the big bucks let him walk , and kept Fister then would hav been able to keep Price Overall very bad moves by the Tigers Gm

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Soria to Pirates for a new fungo bat.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm excited for the rest of the season.

Hopefully YC, Davis, Avila and even Kinsler are dealt in the next 17 hours. Maybe even Simon for an extra fungo bat. That's be great.

And Wilson needs to stay in the closers role, the rest of the year.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should hav not paid Sanchez the big bucks let him walk , and kept Fister then would hav been able to keep Price Overall very bad moves by the Tigers Gm
Fister has a 4.39 ERA and lost his number to Papelbon.

DD got more than gave for him.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far so good in the selling department...Hopefully more sales tomorrow......

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at the 9-8 win after leading 9-2. Get used to it the rest of the season. With the losses of Price and Soria, the Tigers pitching staff went from 'atrocious' to 'blow 'em up and start over'.