• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Detroit Tigers Ongoing 2015 Thread

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are so many pitchers on the market this offseason.. Tigers have so many options... if they can get 1 legit starter in trade... they have so many options to fill the other spots its not even funny. I can't remember a year with the depth of free agent pitchers this year will have. Everyone talks about Price, Grienke, Cueto.... but you are forgetting guys like Zimmerman, Latos, Leake, Kazmir, Buerlhe, Haron, Iwakuma, Fister, and Samardzija who all will be available at much cheaper contracts than Price or Grienke, but much shorter deals... Many of these guys are 3 or 4 year contract type players.. so not as big of a risk even at 20 mil a year.

Tigers can rebuild and be right back to being WS contenders very easily if DD just does this right.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can the Tigers make the post season this year? Sure. Twins will slip backwards. The other competitors for the 2nd wild card spot are not much better than Detroit. A Tiger winning streak of 6 or 7 games (ANY team could do that) and there right up there in the running. Now....should they try and be buyers this week? I don't think it would be the smart move....but I can see the thought processes coming out of the front office for them to try that route. Illitch's age, Dombrowski's rumored departure....the Final Shot! However........I surely hope they resist the pull of some short term prize and sell, sell, sell.
Come on Dave dazzle us one more time. If your time is up...don't leave this team without any prospects to dream about. Don't let Steven Moya and Buck Farmer be you final legacy. lol

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mets trade for Tyler Clippard gives you an idea of what Tigers might get for Soria. Casey Meisner was rated the number 15 prospect in the Mets system with an arrival time of 2017. A decent prospect, but not a great one. A 3rd round pick in 2013....his biggest plus is that he is only 20. Soria would could pull someone a little better IF a team was desperate for an 8th inning set up guy or replacement closer, but I'm looking at this as a good comparison trade.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers need depth in the farm. A mid level prospect for Soria would be a god send. The reality is the Tigers have loaded up on arms the last two years and actually have a ton of mid level guys that are probably relievers in the MLB at best... What the Tigers need is top level talent. They are only going to get it by keeping their 1st rounders for a few more years and from trading Price. Giving up 1st rounders to sign free agents a few years ago is really starting to show up now combined with all the trades.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if they are going to go for it, they should start off by firing Ausmus..

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers down 3-0 in Florida. Pretty soon Dombrowski is going to yell....SELL!

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We really can't afford to have Price toss a shutout tomorrow.

I'm rooting for food poisoning. Cmon Bad Clams!

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We really can't afford to have Price toss a shutout tomorrow.

I'm rooting for food poisoning. Cmon Bad Clams!

Just do what I do smitty....Bet against the Tigs......Win money and force DDs hand....Been working for me for awhile......Hate to see them lose but might as well make money off it.......I made tons on betting against the LIons for years.....I root for them but bet against them.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just do what I do smitty....Bet against the Tigs......Win money and force DDs hand....Been working for me for awhile......Hate to see them lose but might as well make money off it.......I made tons on betting against the LIons for years.....I root for them but bet against them.
I'd bet ON the Tigers tomorrow, if I were to bet. Possibly the under.

But without a doubt I'm rooting for them to lose. Three weeks ago I might have been quiet aboot it. Can't be quiet now.

They need to sell to avoid being awful for years. They can still lose in the playoffs this year after selling. The odds might not even go down.

I'd be excited for the rest of the season if they sell. I'm gonna be real cranky if they don't.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But without a doubt I'm rooting for them to lose. Three weeks ago I might have been quiet aboot it. Can't be quiet now.

They need to sell to avoid being awful for years. They can still lose in the playoffs this year after selling. The odds might not even go down.

I'd be excited for the rest of the season if they sell. I'm gonna be real cranky if they don't.

Agreed, If they dont sell I'm going to be cranky too......Save the future don't wreck it for a decade because of ego.......We shall see what DD does......He keeps stating the Tigers anrn't sellers but I don't know how they can't be.

burfboy

Canadian Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Monday Monday
Kinsler
Cespedes
VMart
JD
Nick
Avila
Iggy
Romine 1b
Gose
Sanchez on the hill. ....
T

burfboy

Canadian Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boy I fucked up the lineup....only 12 hours late...
Tigers lose....

SpartyNash13

Spartan Dawg
Hoopla Cash
$ 963.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am glad to see I am not the only one hoping we get swept this series. I will be flat out livid if this team decides to buy or stay put with these guys. We have the worst record in the AL since starting 11-2, but go ahead Dumbrowski and keep thinking its a fluke or we are just one piece away from making a deep run. This team is shit and has been for the last 162 games dating back to this time last season (losing record since this time in 2014).

This team will be irrelevant for 5+ years if they do not sell.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey....I'm backing my old pal "dougplayer" on this. Tigers are only one or two players shy of a big playoff push!. So I expect DD will be swapping Steven Moya, Buck Farmer, and Andrew Romine for Hamel sometime today. And then grabbing Justin Upton in a one for one swap for Shane Greene. Tigers then win 18 out of the next 20. Roll Tigers Roll. Oh yeah. Kirk Gibson and Alan Trammell replace Ausmus as co-managers for the rest of season.
:yes: hehehehe

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iffy... you do realize Kirk Gibson has Parkinson's disease right?

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So? Michael J. Fox does too. That's why dougplayer and I suggested co-managers? (Take pencil out of butt please)

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rumors are still out there today that Dombrowski is seeking to add a pitcher or two. Hopefully this is one of the famous DD tricks being employed to totally confuse other GMs, in order for the Tigers to sweep in and make a major deal to steal top talent away from some team, for our crap. (And this club is loaded with crap).

I realize that whatever Dombrowski does (buy or sell) will be because of directives from above. It will be very interesting to see what this franchise decides to do in the next three days.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching this team is like Malignant Cancer..

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say this... anyone that thinks Verlander's career is over is way jumping the gun. I am not saying he is going to be CY Young caliber.. but he is FAR from finished.

Soria with the save hopefully adds to his trade value... come on DD... shit or get off the pot... make the trades.