• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Detroit Tigers Ongoing 2015 Thread

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers take 2 out of 3 in Boston and win first game in Tampa. Illitch decides to "Go for it". Tigers make it to post season but not World Series. Front office declares 'Success'. Price and Soria depart and DD patches together another team for 2016 that tries to stay around .500.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cespedes said he likes Detroit and would be ok with a trade and come back and sign with Detroit....

I love his arm and speed in the outfield and on the bases.

I do not love his use of a pitching wedge on balls in the dirt

If he gets traded, then he can negotitate any time after the 5 day wait period following the WS. If he doesn't, then it's only those 5 days he can negotiate otherwise he has to wait until after May 15th. I believe that is how it goes.

correct me if I'm wrong, Burf.

Trade him and get something for him is where I'm at.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DD should quit effing around and just sell every and any player he can RIGHT NOW.

all of this dreamland of making the playoffs, just to make the playoffs, is absolutely nonsense.

They have 1 SP that is reliable.

The BP sucks *****

The bats will go cold more than likely

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just sitting here waiting for JV to suck.

Not hoping for it, just waiting.

But I'm rooting for Ricky to keep getting guys to roll over.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys remember that time Youk was afraid to charge the mound on Edwin Jackson? (Who I hope we claim. Along with Clayton Richard.)

Then he thought it'd be a good idea to go after the lanky #48.... That was fun.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2-1 Boston. A loss Saturday or Sunday and the blue light specials start.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like all GMs and owners, you have to play the PR game. In fact, Dombrowski may have felt the season was done when Cabrera went down. But they have to 'appear' like they are giving the team every chance to turn things around. DD coming back? Is Illitch still breathing?

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think DD may be the problem. Is he gone next year? If he is, what interest doe he have for reloading the Tigers?

I wouldn't put all the blame on DD but I do think he's gone.

as for reloading, I would expect him to make good decisions in getting the very best value possible

burfboy

Canadian Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saturday in the park
Davis
Kinsler
Cespedes
VMart
JD
Nick
Avila 1B
McCann
Iggy
Simon on the hill. .

burfboy

Canadian Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sunday
Davis
Kinsler
Cespedes
VMart
JD
Nick
McCann
Marte
Iggy
Greene on the hill. ...

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iffy is probably masterbating to the tigers losing on national tv... he loves nothing more than a tigers loss. Sadly enough... I am hoping they lose every game up to the trade deadline so that DD doesn't get any crazy ideas and try to buy. Sell Price, Sell Cespedes, Sell Soria, and Sell the spare parts that are free agents at the end of the year. Let Wilson close. Call up Moya or Collins. Get a MLB ready pitcher or two out of the trades and plug them into the Greene and Price slots and wait until the offseason to fine tune.

If the tigers can get:
Price trade - 1 top level prospect and a young controllable mlb ready pitcher
Cespedes - Niese from the Mets or similar... he is 28 and has 3 yrs and 30 mil left so he is a cheap #4 or #5.. along with a mid level prospect or low level guy
Soria - Mid level prospect
Davis and Avila - what ever young prospect they can get

I think they can be right back to contending... All the Tigers need to do is find a way to plug two rotation spots for next year with young controllable talent. They have a lot of money to play with to sign a LF and a top starter. If they are able to get 2 young MLB ready guys it makes free agency so much easier for them to work around.

I would love to see the Tigers make a run at Greinke or Zimmerman.. both will be cheaper than Price... Or sign two guys like a samardzija and buerhle to shorter deals.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget... Cueto and Kazmir now can no longer be given qualifying offers... so no draft pick lost if Tigers sign one of them... hopefully more of the top arms will get traded so the tigers can add without losing a much needed draft pick.

Dutchis59

Senior Advisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget... Cueto and Kazmir now can no longer be given qualifying offers... so no draft pick lost if Tigers sign one of them... hopefully more of the top arms will get traded so the tigers can add without losing a much needed draft pick.

Vice Cueto went to the Royals Yesterday morning and Kazmir went to the Astros on the Thursday. Will probably sign with their new teams and doubt they will be available in the off season

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vice Cueto went to the Royals Yesterday morning and Kazmir went to the Astros on the Thursday. Will probably sign with their new teams and doubt they will be available in the off season

There is absolutely no way KC can afford to sign Cueto long term. He is going to be asking for a mega contract... they have 145 mil on the books already for next year. KC can't afford to jump into being a top 5 payroll team. In no way shape or form will they resign him. Signing him would vault their payroll to around 170 mil. He is a rental of the purest form. Now... Kazmir I could see staying in Houston. He was born there I believe.

Cueto will be available if the Tigers want him. He will probably get a $125 mil / 5 yr contract... but it is cheaper than price or Scherzer got. KC is all in for this year. They understand that the time is now or never for them because in a season or two they are going to have to sell off their team or lose them in free agency.

burfboy

Canadian Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
U can't fix this with a SP and a relief pitcher...what do we have to give up.....get rid of the dead wood and trade what we have that is worth something. .....no way Avila should play or Krauss. ....the other nite we had 2 guy hitting under the Mendoza line starting. ....what the fuck.???????

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
U can't fix this with a SP and a relief pitcher...what do we have to give up.....get rid of the dead wood and trade what we have that is worth something. .....no way Avila should play or Krauss. ....the other nite we had 2 guy hitting under the Mendoza line starting. ....what the fuck.???????

Agreed. Tigers need to concede this year and make the trades so they can reload. The only way they get younger and stay competitive without adding payroll is to take advantage of Price, Soria, and Cespedes and get young controllable talent for them. Cespedes is 50/50 to resign with the Tigers anyways so why not get a decent young pitcher for him now and just resign him in the offseason.. He said he likes Det. Det will have the money. Detroit is not in some horrible situation. They have payroll room. They have pieces in place to be very good. All they need is to retool. They need to restock the farm as much as possible with arms that at some point can help the pen too...

DD just needs to concede this year for the betterment of the franchise and reload. They are not done contending if they reload this week intelligently.