• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Detroit Tigers Ongoing 2015 Thread

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JV isn't going anywhere (contract) and he'd prolly pay Avilas salary himself in the offseason if it came down to it. He love that furry little backstop.

:nod:

the other plus to Avila coming back, should he be dealt, is that he can get some reps at 1B in the off-season for emergency purposes and it adds value to his use. At least that's what a buddy of mine was talkin about. It makes perfect sense too.

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Tigers FO doesn't do some firing and trading soon this season is kaput. I respect all you fellas opinions because you follow the Tigers and pretty much know what's going on with the team, but in the end DD and the rest of em will make their decisions.. I hope they make the right ones this time around

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and here I was hoping it wouldn't get any worse for the Tigs.

Buttttttttttttt :L :L :L AGAIN

for the Phenomenal job that the backend of the rotation is doing and has done for the last two months

I'm so damn glad the 1st half of the season is coming to an end

Me too :nod:

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Tigers FO doesn't do some firing and trading soon this season is kaput

The reality is that this season is already in shambles and ONLY the Rainbow Homers will believe in their fantasies that a playoff spot will be won...

we've already witnessed with a much much better pitching staff in the previous 4 years than what we have now, it still didn't bring the trophy home...

A highly intellitectual GM would see the writing on the wall and garner everything he could in selling off to re-tool the club for next year.

JMHO

Reactions: BUD

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and here I was hoping it wouldn't get any worse for the Tigs.

Buttttttttttttt :L :L :L AGAIN

for the Phenomenal job that the backend of the rotation is doing and has done for the last two months

I'm so damn glad the 1st half of the season is coming to an end
Right up until the 9th on Friday I thought they could finish the first half strong. But, well, ya know.....

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BB,

I don't go for rainbows. I guess i'm a homer, somewhat. I still believe, even though it likely will not happen

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:nod:

the other plus to Avila coming back, should he be dealt, is that he can get some reps at 1B in the off-season for emergency purposes and it adds value to his use. At least that's what a buddy of mine was talkin about. It makes perfect sense too.
Lil' Al has definitely grown on me the last few years. He's a good catcher, a patient hitter, a smart guy and obviously a leader in the clubhouse.

I'd really be surprised if he isn't a Tiger next year. The only thing that would disappoint me more is McCann not being one. Maybe that's not the only thing, but one of a few.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right up until the 9th on Friday I thought they could finish the first half strong. But, well, ya know

I was skerd as soon as I saw Rondon's name come up as relieving JV. yikes !

Rondon makes me grab an auto-boost battery charger to use as a defibrillator...

tbh, I thought the game was in the bag...

Last edited:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Tigers FO doesn't do some firing and trading soon this season is kaput. I respect all you fellas opinions because you follow the Tigers and pretty much know what's going on with the team, but in the end DD and the rest of em will make their decisions.. I hope they make the right ones this time around
I don't see any advantage to firing anyone. Only so much you can do with the bad options given to you.

I'd like to see Simon demoted to the pen though. And a lot of trading.

There definitely could be a lot of excited left in this season, just different excitement from the past few years.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I skerd as soon as I saw Rondon's name come up as releiving JV. yikes !

Rondon makes me grab an auto-boost battery charger to use as a defibrillator...

tbh, I thought the game was in the bag...
Maybe someday he can be a reliable pitcher. But right now he a big thrower as far as I'm concerned.

Care full with that battery charger, the clamps can really hurt the nipples. So I've been told.....

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't go for rainbows. I guess i'm a homer, somewhat. I still believe, even though it likely will not happen

and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

I'm always looking to better a club..

DD blew it royally thinking Simon could be a 4th SP, IMO

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see any advantage to firing anyone. Only so much you can do with the bad options given to you.

I'd like to see Simon demoted to the pen though. And a lot of trading.

There definitely could be a lot of excited left in this season, just different excitement from the past few years.

Well, they better think something up. These boy's get paid ungodly amounts of cash to play but all I see is them doing pretty much nothing..

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, they better think something up.

you kind of have to ride the wave for the rest of the season at this point with Ausmus, IMHO.

you've got a vet club and it's not like they're the Phillies or Marlins or Rockies at this juncture, so getting rid of Ausmus right now isn't the right move. However, at the end of the season that could be a totally different story. Should the tigs collapse in the next three weeks and sell off major pieces (Price, YC, Soria, Raji, Avila, V-Mart-prolly no takers there) and gets really good prospects back and a vet or two that could put them right back in the running next year. not to mention off-season trades....

Last edited:

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, now that agony of defeat has set in, at least I can get a good drunk on without feeling bad about it. :suds:

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you kind of have to ride the wave for the rest of the season at this point with Ausmus, IMHO.

you've got a vet club and it's not like they're the Phillies or Marlins or Rockies at this juncture, so getting rid of Ausmus right now isn't the right move. However, at the end of the season that could be a totally different story. Should the tigs collapse in the next three weeks and sell off major pieces (Price, YC, Soria, Raji, Avila, V-Mart-prolly no takers there) and gets really good prospects back and a vet or two, that could put them right back in the running next year. not to mention off-season trades....

Time to ride the wave then. lol

JV35

El Chapo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fore Ausmus. That piece of shit has to go.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all well something better is coming along soon... it's isn't baseball related tho

JV35

El Chapo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ausmus, what a piece of shit.