• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Detroit Tigers Ongoing 2015 Thread

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bruce Rondon was sent home last year early because of attitude and effort. Maybe the wake up call and a new pitching coach will get him straightened out?
At this point I don't think anyone should be penciling in Rondon for anything. Wouldn't surprise me if he was a throw in on a trade. If he comes back and can hold down the 6th or 7th inning.. good for him... if he can't than he can go suck a dick somewhere. I would love to see the Tigers use him in a trade for Puig... Trade two immature turds... I think Puig could actually be controlled in a clubhouse filled with guys like Miggy and VMart that are both Hispanic and wouldn't take his shit... I doubt Rondon is around those guys much as a position player is... The Dodgers want to unload him... Tigers should see if they can snatch him up on the cheap.

dengel6

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With "The Legend" running things in Toledo, ALL IS WELL.:yes:

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did all your SportsHoopla bucks go Vice?
LOL.. My daughter was using it to play gamble.... I guess she is a chip off the old block... 12 year old girl that gambles on sports... i can't wait to see what she does when she is older. At least she doesn't have access to my online sports book account.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers have guys like Kyle Ryan, Buck Farmer, Jeff Ferrell, Joe Mantiply, Chad Green, Paul Voelker, and Montreal Robertson that all could help in the pen next year. The AAA rotation isn't going to be able to hold all the guys like Lobstein, Greene, Ryan, Farmer, Cessa, Fulmer, Kubitza, Turley that are going to be vying for spots there and the #5 spot on the mlb roster.

with all these young arms, Avila might as well just trade a couple for Aroldis Chapman

:fify:

Big_Blue_72 says.....what a great idea Vice

:agree:

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:fify:

Big_Blue_72 says.....what a great idea Vice

:agree:
Its not like they have spots for all these 23-26 year olds in AAA and AA. A has a few guys that need to move up. So either they trade some of them or they move them to the pen. Or a combination of both. There are only 10 rotation spots to be had between AAA and AA... and There are about 20 guys that could hold those spots down.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to see the Tigers use him in a trade for Puig... Trade two immature turds... I think Puig could actually be controlled in a clubhouse filled with guys like Miggy and VMart that are both Hispanic and wouldn't take his shit... I doubt Rondon is around those guys much as a position player is... The Dodgers want to unload him... Tigers should see if they can snatch him up on the cheap.

Smitty had mentioned this back in late June or early July. I had hesitated on that thought due to Puig's immaturity along with wondering who would be given up in such a trade. I think it would take at least 1 more than just Rondon. I don't know who it would be but I should have listened to Smitty back then cuz I actually like this idea, now. Maybe the other immature one who's on a 50 game suspension could be thrown in. Like Smitty said, "Rondon is a thrower not a pitcher".

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not like they have spots for all these 23-26 year olds in AAA and AA. A has a few guys that need to move up. So either they trade some of them or they move them to the pen. Or a combination of both. There are only 10 rotation spots to be had between AAA and AA... and There are about 20 guys that could hold those spots down.

I'm sincerely agreeing with you. Cincy lost Cueto and Leake and I know they got a couple arms from KC but to get a closer like Chapman, heck yes, do the trade. Just think of having Chapman as the closer and K-Rod as 8th inning set-up, plus Alex Wilson, Blaine Hardy, Drew VerHagen in the pen seems formidable, imo

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smitty had mentioned this back in late June or early July. I had hesitated on that thought due to Puig's immaturity along with wondering who would be given up in such a trade. I think it would take at least 1 more than just Rondon. I don't know who it would be but I should have listened to Smitty back then cuz I actually like this idea, now. Maybe the other immature one who's on a 50 game suspension could be thrown in. Like Smitty said, "Rondon is a thrower not a pitcher".
I really don't think it would take a ton more than Rondon and maybe a guy like Moya along with one of the fringe arms. Puig has little to know value right now... and if there is a team that I think might actually be able to keep in him check.. its the Tigers... Vmart wouldn't take his shit.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sincerely agreeing with you. Cincy lost Cueto and Leake and I know they got a couple arms from KC but to get a closer like Chapman, heck yes, do the trade. Just think of having Chapman as the closer and K-Rod as 8th inning set-up plus Alex Wilson, Blaine Hardy, Drew VerHagen in the pen seems formidable, imo
The pen would go from crap to the strength of the team.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't believe that the Tigers aren't going to make a run at Chapman until he is traded some place else. Avila would be able to sit down and laugh at Dave Dombrowski if he made a trade for K Rod AND Chapman.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't think it would take a ton more than Rondon and maybe a guy like Moya along with one of the fringe arms. Puig has little to know value right now... and if there is a team that I think might actually be able to keep in him check.. its the Tigers... Vmart wouldn't take his shit.

I wouldn't be giving up Moya in this instance nor would I give up Collins either (just in case one gets hurt in spring training or should Moya discover what a ball and strike really is) idk. I could see the Dodgers wanting an OF in return though.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heck, instead of Puig.. Send a package out of Boyd, Rondon, and Moya... You aren't going to tell me the Reds would turn that down.. Unless they want a righty after getting all the lefties from the Royals... then maybe you send out Farmer, Rondon, and Moya... either way... if they turned down a package like that for a guy that they would be losing in free agency anyways they are idiotic.

Last edited:

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moya could really end up being good.. but the Tigers have enough young OFers to trade him away. Christen Stewart isn't more than 2 years away.. and could probably come up next year. Michael Gerber is probably about the same... maybe another year away or so. The Tigers are going to have Wynton Bernard that could come up if needed and he is a righty which would be helpful to platoon with Collins. What ever role Moya might have this upcoming season.. its probably not more than a 4th outfielder... which can be replaced easily... If one of the Tigers top prospects is going to be traded... Its Moya.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heck, instead of Puig.. Send a package out of Boyd, Rondon, and Moya... You aren't going to tell me the Reds would turn that down.. Unless they want a righty after getting all the lefties from the Royals... then maybe you send out Farmer, Rondon, and Moya... either way... if they turned down a package like that for a guy that they would be idiotic.

I couldn't remember who they got from KC. It wouldn't matter to me.

I still believe they should go after Leake or Wei-Yin Chen as another starter or even Iwakuma. I'd rather it be Leake as he's younger and should be seen as a #3. I would hate to trust any medical reports coming back positive for Sanchez. If he's healthy so be it. Keep him until trade deadline or even the whole year then trade him in the off-season. I also wouldn't be counting too heavily on Shane Greene. He ONLY had 78 IP pitches for NYY and he's still a young arm developing. I doubt that you'd want to automatically count on 180+ IP from him as it wouldn't be smart. And I don't or couldn't care less about adding salaries like Chapman and Leake for this one season.

Kinsler and V-Mart may could well go downhill this year or next. You can hope they won't but that window is closing with those two along with JV and Miggy, imo.

Buy/trade for the damn extra pitchers (Leake and Chapman) and make it a two year window

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't remember who they got from KC. It wouldn't matter to me.

I still believe they should go after Leake or Wei-Yin Chen as another starter or even Iwakuma. I'd rather it be Leake as he's younger and should be seen as a #3. I would hate to trust any medical reports coming back positive for Sanchez. If he's healthy so be it. Keep him until trade deadline or even the whole year then trade him in the off-season. I also wouldn't be counting to heavily on Shane Greene. He ONLY had 78 IP pitches for NYY and he's still a young arm developing. I doubt that you'd want to automatically count on 180+ IP from him as it wouldn't be smart. And I don't or couldn't care less about adding salaries like Chapman and Leake for this one season.

Kinsler and V-Mart may could well go downhill this year or next. You can hope they won't but that window is closing with those two along with JV and Miggy, imo.

Buy/trade for the damn extra pitchers (Leake and Chapman) and make it a two year window
I can't disagree with that.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Tigers added another mid tier starter AND got Chapman.. Avila did something Dombrowski never could do.. and that is make the rotation AND the bullpen a strength.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heck, instead of Puig..

I still like the idea of Puig AND Chapman... I wouldn't move JD from RF though. He's comfortable there now and I don't believe he has the arm to go to LF

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Puig has the arm for LF.... I think is a huge stretch to see the Tigers get Puig.. but it really wouldn't surprise me at all if the Tigers left the Winter meeting with Chapman. It would give me a really hard boner... but it wouldn't surprise me at all.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Tigers added another mid tier starter AND got Chapman.. Avila did something Dombrowski never could do.. and that is make the rotation AND the bullpen a strength.

One of the reasons why liked Smitty's idea of Leake so much and I'm sticking with that if Avila would go after him. Sanchez could easily be done at any given time and there's no telling which JV you're getting this upcoming season. Hopefully it's the JV we saw after mid-August through the end of the season. That would give you a SP of JV, Zimmerman and at least Leake (depending on whether Sanchez is healthy plus Norris as the #5 for now)