• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Detroit Tigers Ongoing 2015 Thread

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Boyd plans on being really good.

I wonder if he realizes that's going to be in Toledo?

(The Smack Board is too wild for me right now.)

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Boyd is probably better suited for a bullpen role.. the problem is the Tigers have 3 guys in Ryan, Boyd, and Lobstein that are probably all better suited to be lefty relievers...

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Smack Board made me laugh. Post after post, that hardly anyone sees, and means nothing. After all was said (written) and done....no one won, no one got a trophy, no one got paid, no one even got Heaven Points!. Perhaps the only things that may have been gained was someone got a sprained shoulder from trying to pat themself on the back after what (they felt) was a 'super' comeback.

BTW....Hernan Perez is hitting .236 in Mil. I guess Detroit management may not be as stupid as one fan thought.

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Matt Boyd has the best minor league k to w ratios of any minor league pitcher for the Tigers, he has the best shot at making in the pros period.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Smack Board made me laugh. Post after post, that hardly anyone sees, and means nothing. After all was said (written) and done....no one won, no one got a trophy, no one got paid, no one even got Heaven Points!. Perhaps the only things that may have been gained was someone got a sprained shoulder from trying to pat themself on the back after what (they felt) was a 'super' comeback.

BTW....Hernan Perez is hitting .236 in Mil. I guess Detroit management may not be as stupid as one fan thought.
No iffy... actually he is hitting .262 with Mil...Hernan Perez

Jesus Christ you and bums are dense. Can you not even look up stats right? Fucking A

Last edited:

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Match made in heaven... two losers that are a special breed of stupid. LOL :mo: You guys are a perfect match. Iffy and Bums... Iffy being the bottom of course.

Last edited:

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Highest team salary for last place team.......that was funny.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Highest team salary for last place team.......that was funny.
To bad its not true... very much like your BA for Hernan Perez with the Brewers.... Go sit in the corner.. You are a fool.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will Iffy admit he used incorrect stats and was wrong... or will he ignore it and keep trolling, proving once and for all he is nothing more than a piece of shit poster... inquiring minds want to know.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How come Dougplayer doesn't post here? Btw is that DickMC?

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Verhagen is going to end up closing games in detroit... the guy has a freakish ground ball rate and throws strikes...

dear freakin gawd, a closer? with 16 k's to 16 w's a 1 to 1 ratio already, be happy if he figures out how not to get mop up duties..be estatic if he is as bad as AA.. hell Phil Coke started out 14 k's to 2 w's just for some reference and better k's and w's per 9 in through the minors.

At least use Boyd's 9.2 to 2.1 ratios, that guy could be a good closer, ala Wade Davis, but have to try him at starter.

I used to just laugh when you said Hosmer would never hit in the majors but now I realize, you don't even know how to understand minor league stats and what they tell you. Moya should do fine though, lol.

You might officially go down as one of the worst non-scouts ever, its even obvious you haven't even had success in hell even fantasy baseball especially Dynasty leagues let alone scouting/predicting players. Your like Anti-moneyball or creditball.

give ya a tip because well, its just sad to see someone wrong so often, k to w ratio's, works on both hitters and pitchers, most telling stat there is...go back 20 years look at 30 or more successfull players and look at their ratios, then look up top prospects who didn't succeeded , hell you can start with miggy, pujols's minor league numbers, even Hosmer's. I did it with plenty of players for years to be ahead of the curve on those mid range players to fill teams...2.6 to 1 or lower for hitters....2.7 to 3.5 they better have some blazing speed or serious power, for 3.5 to hmmm 6(moya)- ignored like the plague but if you want to make it simple, never bet on someone with over 130 k's in a minor league season, the odds are horrible and didn't care if they hit HR's or stole bases. I know you will use it now, you grasp onto things and repeat them if it will make you sound smart, but, this one will actually make you smarter.

"Tigers call em up! I sell em up fellas!"

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dear freakin gawd, a closer? with 16 k's to 16 w's a 1 to 1 ratio already, be happy if he figures out how not to get mop up duties..be estatic if he is as bad as AA.. hell Phil Coke started out 14 k's to 2 w's just for some reference and better k's and w's per 9 in through the minors.

At least use Boyd's 9.2 to 2.1 ratios, that guy could be a good closer, ala Wade Davis, but have to try him at starter.

I used to just laugh when you said Hosmer would never hit in the majors but now I realize, you don't even know how to understand minor league stats and what they tell you. Moya should do fine though, lol.

You might officially go down as one of the worst non-scouts ever, its even obvious you haven't even had success in hell even fantasy baseball especially Dynasty leagues let alone scouting/predicting players. Your like Anti-moneyball or creditball.

give ya a tip because well, its just sad to see someone wrong so often, k to w ratio's, works on both hitters and pitchers, most telling stat there is...go back 20 years look at 30 or more successfull players and look at their ratios, then look up top prospects who didn't succeeded , hell you can start with miggy, pujols's minor league numbers, even Hosmer's. I did it with plenty of players for years to be ahead of the curve on those mid range players to fill teams...2.6 to 1 or lower for hitters....2.7 to 3.5 they better have some blazing speed or serious power, for 3.5 to hmmm 6(moya)- ignored like the plague but if you want to make it simple, never bet on someone with over 130 k's in a minor league season, the odds are horrible and didn't care if they hit HR's or stole bases. I know you will use it now, you grasp onto things and repeat them if it will make you sound smart, but, this one will actually make you smarter.

Nobody posting on Royals threads lately I take it...

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just curious how you feel about the Royals own top prospect (Mondesi) having 88 K to just 19 walks in AA this year... or his 394 k to just 94 walks for his minor league career... His on base percentage is puke... Moya's OBP through AA is much better... what does that say for your shit farm system? LOL

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh... and Verhagen's career minor league BB/9 = 2.9
Wade Davis Minors BB/9 = 3.3

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It must be humiliating to post stuff thinking you will end up looking smart... only to have someone point out how flawed your post is repeatedly.... Is that why you follow me around bumsy? Is it to prove to me that you are not stupid? Its cute you care what I think about you... Its very sweet you want to prove to me you are smart... But for a mid 50's grown ass man to care so much about what a mid 30's man thinks of him... its a little weird bro.

Here is a tip for you... Before you post something... Look up ALL the stats.. not just part of them. Maybe you won't go around making false claims and stupid comparisons if you try this.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The funny thing about Wade Davis is the reason he couldn't hack it as a starter is because he walked so many batters...

Wonder if ol Bumsy took into consideration that Verhagen has only been coming out of the pen for a few months... That seemed to make a difference with Wade Davis... as he was hot trash as a starter.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would also like to be clear that if you search my posts about Moya... I stated multiple times I don't think he will be much more than a 4th outfielder... but he has a power lefty bat.. plays above average defense.. and cost next to nothing right now. He was signed for $200,000... How much was Mondesi signed for Bumsy? Don't worry... I won't make you look.. it was $2 mil. Which was a hyped prospect when they were signed and which was a guy that came out of nowhere to even make it to the MLB?

Kinda puts it into perspective when you are comparing them huh?

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dixon Machado, by Bum's own minor league k/9 vs bb/9 standard has a much better shot at making it in the MLB than Royals top prospect Mondesi does... Tigers's spent $125,000 on Machado...

Steven Moya was the Tiger's 15th best prospect in 2013 by the way... He climbed the ranks by actually producing... He wasn't even supposed to be at the level he is right now.. FYI Tyler Collins was a higher regarded prospect pre 2013 by far. I don't know why Bums keeps posting all over the place acting like I have been bragging up Moya... Just because I have posted about him doesn't mean I think he is a future MVP. But then again... reality and truth are not strong points of ol bumsy...

Last edited:

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The funny thing about Wade Davis is the reason he couldn't hack it as a starter is because he walked so many batters...

That and the fact that he was trying to throw 4 pitches as a starter, only 2 of which were good. A one-inning RP needs only 2 pitches if they are really good ones.