• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Detroit Tigers Ongoing 2015 Thread

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just passed by the lions forum.. lol.. good entertainment there... i can't believe i missed that.

Wanna start a shitstorm, assign an Inner Circle guy to moderate a team board.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You people just don't understand how much knowledge and information I carry around in my head. I will admit, sometimes it is hard to sort all that info out....but it is there! LOL
Experience gained over over time, gentlemen. Thus....unlike Sucks, and some others, I do not sweat the day to day stuff. I've seen it before. "Ausmus is an Idiot!". Yeah, yeah. So was Leyland. So was Parrish. So was Martin. Sp was Swift. So was Harris. I imagine Ed Barrows was an idiot too. But more importantly....Ausmus' replacement will be an Idiot. Some fans (Suck?) just can't absorb that fact. Experience and Intelligence....that is what you are dealing with in the Old Iffster.

BTW....without looking, do you think vice can name the entire roster of the 1961 Tiger roster? How about the 1935 roster? That is when real baseball was played. Especially in towns like Erie, Toledo, Lakeland, and whatever city in MI the Whitecaps play. Do they still have a team in Bristol?

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You people just don't understand how much knowledge and information I carry around in my head. I will admit, sometimes it is hard to sort all that info out....but it is there! LOL
Experience gained over over time, gentlemen. Thus....unlike Sucks, and some others, I do not sweat the day to day stuff. I've seen it before. "Ausmus is an Idiot!". Yeah, yeah. So was Leyland. So was Parrish. So was Martin. Sp was Swift. So was Harris. I imagine Ed Barrows was an idiot too. But more importantly....Ausmus' replacement will be an Idiot. Some fans (Suck?) just can't absorb that fact. Experience and Intelligence....that is what you are dealing with in the Old Iffster.

BTW....without looking, do you think vice can name the entire roster of the 1961 Tiger roster? How about the 1935 roster? That is when real baseball was played. Especially in towns like Erie, Toledo, Lakeland, and whatever city in MI the Whitecaps play. Do they still have a team in Bristol?
Trash poster is trash.. Baseless made up "facts" =/= knowledge.. And then he responds with " can you name X players on the roster from X yeas" which was in the prehistoric times when blacks couldn't even play the game.. He did this back in 2007 on CBS and he has done it each and every year since.. So predictable and sad

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2007? Seriously?....you've been a fan of mine for almost EIGHT years! Wow

Prehistoric? Ah yes....1935....pre-history. I am sure glad that today's scientists have uncovered fossils and crude markings from those times. Only from their research do we now know that the Tigers (Saber-tooths?) had a DP combo of Flintstone to Rubble to BamBam.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iffy basically has two posts that he just repeats in one form or another, ad nauseum:

"You're team has no chance of winning, so you can't post anything POSITIVE."

"You've never managed/coached at the professional level, so you can't post anything NEGATIVE about a manager/coach."

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who the hell is this DickMc character?

Don't remember him here, or back at the eyeball.

Dick McCauliffe was my old mans favorite player. Is he a poster?

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starting next spring, the Detroit Tigers will be paying Miggy an average of $30mil a year for the next eight seasons. At the expiration of that contract, Mr. Cabrera will be 41 years old (at least we hope that age is correct) at which time, he will receive a "parting gift" of $8mil. What is scary is that when Mr. Cabrera's contract ends...the bloated contracts of Prince Fielder and Justin Verlander will have ended THREE years before then!

I wonder? Do you think that by 2023 the Tigers will have developed a minor league system that will have the capability to develop a replacement for a 41 year old DH (who probably weighs 300 lbs)?

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong Howie! None of you have the ABILITY or the KNOWLEDGE to critically judge a major league manager. It runs along the same vein as you not having the ability or knowledge to do a lot of jobs/skills people bitch about and erroneously think they can do better....be it teaching in a school, fixing a car, running a large corporation, and (for a few of you) walking and chewing gum at the same time.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iffy,

Tell me who DickMc is and I'll bite on the contract stuff. I promise.

burfboy

Canadian Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Monday Monday
Gose
Collins
Miggy
VMart
JD
Nick
McCann
Romine 2b
Machado
JV on the hill
Kinsler must need a rest....lol

burfboy

Canadian Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DickMC what's the biggest Tiger Homer on the CBS Glog. He and Iffy to understate it hated each other. There was nothing that the Tigers could do wrong according to Dick. I believe that Dick one night on the glog blew both Ryburn and Inge...he love them...

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DickMc.....homer and extreme right-wing crackpot. Swore up and down that Joe Nathan was the best relief pitcher in baseball....until his arm fell off. He had an irritating habit of ''announcing'' plays like typing in things like "Can of corn" or "the umps are squeezing the pitchers", over and over. OH!!!! And ever fan from another team was a troll. He honestly felt that only tried and true Tiger fans should post on the Tiger game board. All others should be banned.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who the hell is this DickMc character?

Don't remember him here, or back at the eyeball.

Dick McCauliffe was my old mans favorite player. Is he a poster?

dickmc is one of the old regulars from the live chats on cbs. He is on Mlive now. Don't think he comes here much... Iffy stalked him like a creep. It was pretty funny.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iffy thinks that guys back in 1935 were better than players now... LOL... think about this... its really simple... not only are their far better development of youth now through leagues and academies... but current times includes both latino and black players... which Babe Ruth never did. Do you actually think players from 1935 were able to compete at the same level as players with trainers, doctors, and better nutrition? Come on man... every reliever in the MLB can throw 90 mph and many can touch 100 mph... back in 1960 the average velocity of a fastball was in the mid 80's... If you were throwing in the 90's you were the man.

Its such a stupid argument its not even funny. Miguel Cabrera is a better hitter than Babe Ruth was... If Babe Ruth had trainers and modern technology... would he have been better? Probably.. but to say that baseball from the 1930's was "real" is just stupid... They were not even allowing blacks and latinos to play back then. Babe Ruth was not even hitting against or pitching to the best players possible in his own time.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank You Gentlemen.

I feel a little less outta the loop now.

The Glogs got pretty wild back in the day. I haven't been on them since we all got the boot from the boards. And I don't think mich in 2012 either. I remember Kev-O from those, he was cool. Never hardly posted on the Tigers board though.

And SlumpBuster.... Always thought he was zwic's alt, but zwic swore it wasn't him.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank You Gentlemen.

I feel a little less outta the loop now.

The Glogs got pretty wild back in the day. I haven't been on them since we all got the boot from the boards. And I don't think mich in 2012 either. I remember Kev-O from those, he was cool. Never hardly posted on the Tigers board though.

And SlumpBuster.... Always thought he was zwic's alt, but zwic swore it wasn't him.

glogs are long gone... cbs shut them down months ago.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iffy thinks that guys back in 1935 were better than players now... LOL... think about this... its really simple... not only are their far better development of youth now through leagues and academies... but current times includes both latino and black players... which Babe Ruth never did. Do you actually think players from 1935 were able to compete at the same level as players with trainers, doctors, and better nutrition? Come on man... every reliever in the MLB can throw 90 mph and many can touch 100 mph... back in 1960 the average velocity of a fastball was in the mid 80's... If you were throwing in the 90's you were the man.

Its such a stupid argument its not even funny. Miguel Cabrera is a better hitter than Babe Ruth was... If Babe Ruth had trainers and modern technology... would he have been better? Probably.. but to say that baseball from the 1930's was "real" is just stupid... They were not even allowing blacks and latinos to play back then. Babe Ruth was not even hitting against or pitching to the best players possible in his own time.
I'll never knock old school players, but personally, imo, there's more talent in the game today than at any point in its history.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not even a question. The level of play today is unquestionably higher than 100 years ago. Its not even up for debate. Miguel Cabrera hitting .350 is a much more impressive feat than Ted Williams hitting .350 back in the 1950's... Miguel Cabrera is going against a level of pitcher that Ted Williams NEVER saw.