• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Detroit Tigers Ongoing 2015 Thread

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like Avila did this just to go against the rumors.. If the fuckwad didn't leak this, he probably is gone.. Now we have another year of this jackass as our Manager..

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2016...Ausmus is the manager. Miggy continues the slide downhill (unless Avila shows some balls and trades him), the hotdog at SS starts to hit .250 and fans realize his fielding is good, but not great. VMart continues his laughing marches to the bank. Tigers' PR team will work over time trying to sell this team as a potential World Series winner....and the pitching will falter yet again. (Ryan Raburn brought in as player-coach in July)

burfboy

Canadian Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saturday in the park
Gose
Kinsler
Miggy
VMart
JD
Nick
McCann
Machado
Davis
Simon on the hill

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers announce over public address system at the stadium that Brad Ausmus will return as manager in 2016. Fifteen minutes of sustained "applause". During the first inning, some fans put bags over the heads of the statues in left center. Rumors that a fat lady will be singing God Bless America for the 7th inning stretch. Gene Lamont last seen at Metro catching a plan to Boston.

wolverlion

Father of 2
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First move by Avila has me worried, the team has flat out quit on this guy, he makes little mistakes that he should not make and also makes the same ones over and over, the team is also regressing and making stupid errors as well. I was not big on the hire from day one, I thought it was cockiness of Dombrowski to bring this guy on as a first time manager when we had a closing window for a championship and another team in the division getting better by leaps and bounds.

I am not sure there is anyone better out there that is a a guarantee, but I am sure willing to give it a shot over this guy who clearly does not have it yet.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone that is complaining about Ausmus coming back acts like he can't be fired if they start out poorly next year. I hate the guy... But I am not so certain that Gardenhire would be any better.... and I don't think they have the nuts to hire Guillen.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2016...Ausmus is the manager. Miggy continues the slide downhill (unless Avila shows some balls and trades him), the hotdog at SS starts to hit .250 and fans realize his fielding is good, but not great. VMart continues his laughing marches to the bank. Tigers' PR team will work over time trying to sell this team as a potential World Series winner....and the pitching will falter yet again. (Ryan Raburn brought in as player-coach in July)

Miggy is leading the AL in batting... Where is this slide that supposedly has started? God damn iffy you are a clown.

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MVP, Triple Crown > leads in batting but then you leave out the 17 hr and less RBI's than Moustakas.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone that is complaining about Ausmus coming back acts like he can't be fired if they start out poorly next year. I hate the guy... But I am not so certain that Gardenhire would be any better.... and I don't think they have the nuts to hire Guillen.
Being the fact that it was quite surprising that he was retained, what makes you think he isn't given the entire 2016 season?

dengel6

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not looking good for next season.:L

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being the fact that it was quite surprising that he was retained, what makes you think he isn't given the entire 2016 season?

He will be on a super short leash for sure... There is no way he will be given a full season like this year to struggle, heck I bet they can him if they start out slow the first month. They have nothing to lose by yanking him next year. He will be in the last year of his contract. Its not like there is some perfect manager out there to get anyways.

There probably is more to this than we know... But from what Avila said... he doesn't think that any manager out there was going to be that much of an improvement.. which i disagree with because Ausmus is a moron... however it they were going to go after Gardenhire.... I some what agree, because hiring a new guy just to do it guarantees nothing... I don't think Gardenhire is the right fit either. I think there was a little pitty given because of how crappy the rotation was and that being out of Ausmus's control.

This is my guess. If Ausmus struggles... You will see the Tigers move Vizquel into the manager role.

Last edited:

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I smell a fart in this forum... I thought it blew away into the wind weeks ago... I guess it got caught in some fabric or something. Need some febreeze.

Last edited:

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Tigers restock the rotation with 2 above average starters from free agency, the bullpen shouldn't be so exposed next year. If Ausmus can't manage to win with a team with decent starting pitching I doubt he will be around long.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Royals are looking worse than the Tigers are right now.... LOL. They look like total anus. It should be fun to watch them fall on their face. Next year they will be right back to where they came from, the basement. No money to spend on free agent upgrades to their starting pitching... Lost their closer and have a weaker bullpen now... All the arbitration guys salaries sky rocketing... lol.. its going to be fun for me to watch them crumble.

Royals fans are such shit they can't even beat out Detroit in attendance when Detroit is having a down year and finishing last and they have their first AL Central Division title ever LOL... Seriously, how do you expect to be able to afford a 140+ mil payroll next year when you can't get more than 34,000 people in the stadium on average in the best season your team has had since Back to the Future came out ... what the hell else is their to do in that over sized meth lab they call KC? I guess after 30 some years of the monster truck rally and demolition derby being the biggest ticket in town the Royals have to work harder to get fans in the seats. HAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAAH

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conclude the fact that there are simple things you don't understand about the Tigers, and feel free to stay on the Royals forum.
Like the fact Miggy missed 6 weeks with a calf strain. Pretty sure with 6 more weeks... his overall numbers would have been higher than every Royals player by far. He was third in RBI at the time of his injury.

Don't mind that clown... He is only here because the Royals are reverting back looking like the Royals everyone knows and loves from the last 30 years. Out of all the playoff teams.. they clearly are playing the worst.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can the Tigers at least replace Dave Clark at third... I don't think thats asking to much... Put Trammel there or something...

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
St. Louis Cardinals. Now THAT is a franchise. Built from the bottom up. Money spent on finding and developing players. Check their roster. No player making more than $19mil this season...and it drops down quick. Pitching is stressed, not paying out fat, long term contracts. Tigers are nothing more than a johnny-come-lately version of the New York Yankees. Sadly, the destruction of this franchise will continue as long as Illitch and his cronies have a hand in running the team. Best scenario is PizzaBoyII passes on, his family sells majority interests to knowledgeable baseball people (yes, a long shot). Franchise sets up two divisions....the current major league team who plays out the string until division two has developed a top-notch minor league system. Unfortunately, fans will have to sit through watching the awful contracts of Sanchez, Martinez, Verlander, and Cabrera hamper any major league aspirations. I see mediocrity in the coming years.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
St. Louis Cardinals. Now THAT is a franchise. Built from the bottom up. Money spent on finding and developing players. Check their roster. No player making more than $19mil this season...and it drops down quick. Pitching is stressed, not paying out fat, long term contracts. Tigers are nothing more than a johnny-come-lately version of the New York Yankees. Sadly, the destruction of this franchise will continue as long as Illitch and his cronies have a hand in running the team. Best scenario is PizzaBoyII passes on, his family sells majority interests to knowledgeable baseball people (yes, a long shot). Franchise sets up two divisions....the current major league team who plays out the string until division two has developed a top-notch minor league system. Unfortunately, fans will have to sit through watching the awful contracts of Sanchez, Martinez, Verlander, and Cabrera hamper any major league aspirations. I see mediocrity in the coming years.

You do realize the Cards payroll is 130 mil right?

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iffy.... Do you masterbate when the Tigers lose? I know it gets you off to come here and post stuff that is meant to poke and prod tigers fans.. but I am curious if you get more pleasure out of trying to rile up Tigers fans... or the actual act of the Tigers not succeeding. If the Tigers were to win it all next year and Verlander was to win a Cy Young and Miggy wins another batting title... would you still post here? I am just curious.