• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Detroit Tigers Ongoing 2015 Thread

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is saying I hate a guy. When I don't.

I'll let you argue with someone else the rest of the day.

You stated multiple times on this site your dislike for Iglesias. If you like I can find a few posts.. but I would rather not waste me time... You clearly don't like the kid.. which is fine... Its also fine that I laugh when I see someone talking about trading a 25 yr old all star that has hit over .300 2 times already and plays elite level defense... I am sure a team like the Cards would be happy to take Iglesias off our hands for a "trustworthy arm" and continue to win year after year.

burfboy

Canadian Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it's like the line up sorta change everyday. These prospects and who's going to stay and who's the blue chipper . I know more prospects then you do.maybe I could get Iffy to put together the repeat.lol...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You stated multiple times on this site your dislike for Iglesias. If you like I can find a few posts.. but I would rather not waste me time... You clearly don't like the kid.. which is fine... Its also fine that I laugh when I see someone talking about trading a 25 yr old all star that has hit over .300 2 times already and plays elite level defense... I am sure a team like the Cards would be happy to take Iglesias off our hands for a "trustworthy arm" and continue to win year after year.
I'd like you to find where I said hate.

I'd also like you stop stating my opinion for me.

Thanks in advance.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think, like me, you sided with McCann after the dugout fight. I'm 100% with you on that one, smitty. That said, I don't want to see Iglesias gone unless we have someone reasonably close to his abilities replacing him, or unless it's a really, really good pitcher we are getting. I just don't see that happening.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd also like you stop stating my opinion for me.

Thanks in advance.

Maybe not hate.. but you have in countless posts showed your dislike... why you are even remotely acting like you haven't is amusing. I don't need to state your opinion for you.. you have done it enough on the subject.

Are you sure?

You'd know. Since it's just MY opinion were tallinbough here. (Three seasons of daily comments to peruse. You'd find plenty from me that consist of not caring for Iggys BS. Great hands though.)

Why would we trade him? You think he'd clear waivers? Trading him has nothing to do with kids not taking on his habits. (Pete Rose is a lying sleaze, but I wish every kid would play the game like he did.)

He gets infield hits because he makes consistent contact and seldom puts a ball in the outfield. He doesn't hustle plenty.

Keep white knighting if you want to.

I'd love to see McCann whip Iggys ass./QUOTE]

Fucking Iggy too.

He fell asleep there and let another runner score./QUOTE]

No kid should imitate Iggys game. Not a single part of it./QUOTE]

I don't care for the way Iggy carries himself or his lack of effort on routine plays or his desire to hot dog whenever the chance arises. That is not a new stance for me. Nor is it for several other people. His teammates, atleast several of them, have also had their fill./QUOTE]

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's cool that everybody has an opinion on Detroit Tiger's Roster, but the only thing that matters is Al Avilia and who he wants (and can get) as manager. Then the two together can decide who should stay and who should go. It's an easy business when your ass (and money) isn't on the line.

burfboy

Canadian Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wednesday at Comerica
Gose
Kinsler
Miggy DH
JD
Nick
Collins
Marte 1b
Avila
Machado
Lobstein on the hill. ...
Victor is still sick.....

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think, like me, you sided with McCann after the dugout fight. I'm 100% with you on that one, smitty. That said, I don't want to see Iglesias gone unless we have someone reasonably close to his abilities replacing him, or unless it's a really, really good pitcher we are getting. I just don't see that happening.
I dont want to give him away or anything.

He has value, to us and plenty of other franchises. And I wouldn't be upset if one of those other franchises wanted to give us pitching. Not some prospect, or a middle reliever or an over hill starter.

(I definitely sided with McCann. And I'm glad it was him that spoke up and not a player that will be gone next year. With Leyland gone things got lax. I appreciated seeing leadership.)

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top of the 6th. 5-0 TB. So far the tigers have 12 LOB.. They're trying to fucking lose :L

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont want to give him away or anything.

He has value, to us and plenty of other franchises. And I wouldn't be upset if one of those other franchises wanted to give us pitching. Not some prospect, or a middle reliever or an over hill starter.

(I definitely sided with McCann. And I'm glad it was him that spoke up and not a player that will be gone next year. With Leyland gone things got lax. I appreciated seeing leadership.)

You don't trade away a player for another position unless you have someone there to fill the hole.. otherwise all you did was move the hole... Machado has a nice glove... he won't ever hit .300... Even IF the Tigers were to get a nice pitcher for Iglesias... it would be a dumb move because the lineup would be weaker for it... When you can just sign a free agent this offseason and not lose anyone.

The Tigers have money to spend.. and they have to spend it. The Ilitch family isn't stupid. If they don't keep fans watching the games, attending the stadium, and stay in the top tier of TV ratings... they could lose billions in TV revenue. They have 2 years until their current deal is up.. and I expect them to invest a ton to keep eyes on the tv and butts in the seats until that payday hits. They will be negotiating after next year.

• phillies new tv deal - 5 billion over 25 yrs
  • LA Dodgers - 7 Billion over 25 years
  • rangers new tv deal - 3.1 billion over 20 yrs
  • LA Angels - 2.5 billion over 17 yrs
  • seattle - 2.5 billion over 18 yrs
  • san diego - 1.5 billion over 25 yrs
Just an idea of recent deals... and the Tigers ranked #1 in TV ratings as recent as 2013 were #2 in 2014... and have a fanbase that is estimated to be the 5th largest in MLB trailing only the Dodgers/Cubs/Yankees/Red Sox. They are going to get a mega deal.. If the Mariners got 2.5 billion... the Tigers are going to FAR surpass that. All they need to do is keep the fans interested... investing and extra 15-30 mil a year for the next two years is well worth it to cash in. The Ilitch's are far to smart not to do this. They currentl make $50 mil a yr... and some estimate the Tigers could triple that and get up to 150 mil a year over 20 years... possibly even more.

Last edited:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iggys .300 average does very little for the team. Neither does his .370 slugging. Infield singles aren't more valueable than good, reliable pitching. Tonight was another example of Detroits horrible pitching depth.

His defense is all that matters. And we both agree Machado has a nice glove.

I'd still be fine with Big Al dealing him.

Even with a new TV deal. (Where'd that TV stuff even come from? Money isn't involved in my opinion. Why do I even ask?)

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iggys .300 average does very little for the team. Neither does his .370 slugging. Infield singles aren't more valueable than good, reliable pitching. Tonight was another example of Detroits horrible pitching depth.

His defense is all that matters. And we both agree Machado has a nice glove.

I'd still be fine with Big Al dealing him.

Even with a new TV deal. (Where'd that TV stuff even come from? Money isn't involved in my opinion. Why do I even ask?)
I brought it up.. because the Tigers have to spend to keep excitement and ratings up.. they are going to be negotiating the TV deal after the 2016 season.... which basically means it would be suicide not to spend big this offseason... You are talking about billions of dollars on the table. Spending big on free agents means they get pitching without having to give up mlb talent...

Iglesias > Machado you can say what ever you want... .300 hitter with 125 hits and double digit steals in NOT EASY TO REPLACE. Machado may replace the glove but he would not in any way shape or form replace his production at the plate.

This isn't a question. I doubt even the stupidest business owner would trade one of the best SS in the game right now to fill a hole when he can fill the hole without making the trade and keep the young talent when he is in the middle of negotiating a deal that requires the highest ratings and attendance possible.... That is the point. I don't even feel like discussing a trade that would involve Iglesias.. because the odds of it are slim to none.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its always funny how fans develop biases and can't see that they have them. When I searched your posts regarding Iglesias... its funny.. because in 2013 you were totally on the kids stick. Now in 2015... you act like he is the worst .300 hitter in the league... lol. Did the kid steal your date or something?

Iggys .300 average does very little for the team

LOL

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's your goal here with this?

To convince me I'm stupid for not caring about a trade that hasn't happened and may not?

I posted one sentence earlier today and you've been fixated on it since. It's weird.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to bring up trade options for Iglesias all off season just to keep you occupied.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's your goal here with this?

To convince me I'm stupid for not caring about a trade that hasn't happened and may not?

I posted one sentence earlier today and you've been fixated on it since. It's weird.

Its called a discussion...

You guys act like we always have to agree around here. We can discuss each others opinions and it shouldn't hurt anyone's feelings...

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't you guys have a group of buddies you talk sports with at your local watering hole? I have a bar down here in Miami that I go to... there is always 2 or 3 of us that talk about stuff... including the bartender that has been there for about 15 years... the guy has his master's degree and is super smart.. just stayed bartending because it fit his lifestyle... we love the debate and go at it... 75-80% of the time we agree.. when we do we laugh and discuss... 20-25% we disagree and when we do we discuss, but when its all said and done.. we all enjoy the banter and never take anything personal... It livens up the bar.. people have been coming back there for years because of the great conversations we get into down there... You guys are like my Tigers baseball pseudo buddies... I may not agree with you all the time.. but when it is all said and done... I don't take anything personal that is said.. and I would hope you guys do the same. Its all in fun. Its not like we are calling each other's mothers names... All we are doing is talking baseball for god's sake. Nobody in here should feel like they can't post something... but in return.. nobody should feel like they aren't going to get a reply either... that is where the fun is.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Tigers have money to spend.. and they have to spend it. The Ilitch family isn't stupid. If they don't keep fans watching the games, attending the stadium, and stay in the top tier of TV ratings... they could lose billions in TV revenue.

There was a paid attendance of about 26,000 announced at Tuesday's game. Looking at the shots of the stands on TV, I'd wager only half of that was actually in the seats. Tiger fans have shown over and over that they will support a competitive team, so Ilitch should definitely give Avila some $$$ to play with and make the team competitive again.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iglesias > Machado you can say what ever you want... .300 hitter with 125 hits and double digit steals in NOT EASY TO REPLACE. Machado may replace the glove but he would not in any way shape or form replace his production at the plate.

Assuming Iglesias stays, is there any reason to keep Romine next year with Machado in the wings? It looked like Romine was figuring some things out at the plate earlier in the season, but here he is on Sept. 10 at a .239 BA and .290 OBP. The cream rises to the top and the dregs settle to the bottom, and Romine simply cannot hit. He'll be 30 in December and has outlived his usefulness, IMO.