• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Detroit Tigers Ongoing 2015 Thread

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming Iglesias stays, is there any reason to keep Romine next year with Machado in the wings? It looked like Romine was figuring some things out at the plate earlier in the season, but here he is on Sept. 10 at a .239 BA and .290 OBP. The cream rises to the top and the dregs settle to the bottom, and Romine simply cannot hit. He'll be 30 in December and has outlived his usefulness, IMO.

Next year is his first through arbitration so he is about to get a raise to about 1.2 mil... no need to waste the 700k extra on him.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd trade Iglesias in a heartbeat for a mid-rotation starter or an everyday outfielder similar to Starling Marte or David Peralta. Problem is, as good as Iglesias could be, the demand for him might not as be as great as Tiger fans think. Injury-prone hot dog...bad label to have. I can see teams expecting to contend wanting to gamble on that....but teams that are rebuilding? Not so much. I don't expect a trade of Iglesias....the Ilitch's still own the team and their IMO is to throw more money at problems, so I suppose Iggy will be playing behind one or two over-paid starting pitchers and the outfield hole will be filled by some super-glue and Spackle.

BTW....I hate the guy!!!! lol

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ron Gardenhire......isn't that a bit of an over-reaction to having hired Ausmus? I think the opposite of Ausmus isn't Ron Gardenhire. It is Jim Leyland. (or Gene Lamont). Personally I'd hire DickMc.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I'd hire DickMc

LOL. DickMc for second bench coach/team cheerleader.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd trade Iglesias in a heartbeat for a mid-rotation starter or an everyday outfielder similar to Starling Marte or David Peralta. Problem is, as good as Iglesias could be, the demand for him might not as be as great as Tiger fans think. Injury-prone hot dog...bad label to have. I can see teams expecting to contend wanting to gamble on that....but teams that are rebuilding? Not so much. I don't expect a trade of Iglesias....the Ilitch's still own the team and their IMO is to throw more money at problems, so I suppose Iggy will be playing behind one or two over-paid starting pitchers and the outfield hole will be filled by some super-glue and Spackle.

BTW....I hate the guy!!!! lol
:lalala::llama::nutswing:

Last edited:

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iffy.. where have you been man... you were a daily troll on cbs... you only come around here sporadically.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brewers claim Daniel Fields. I believe many labeled him a future star. Last two years in AAA....a .225 avg, 13 homers, 27 SB. TOTAL! To give you an idea how f'd up the Tiger farm system has been....this guy (largely through nepotism, I'd bet) has been one of the Tiger's Top 30 Prospects for the last 6 years running. One wonders, if they had kept him, if he would have made the top 30 this coming year? (Does Gardenhire have any kids/grandkids they Tigers could add to their Top 30 Prospects?

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brewers claim Daniel Fields. I believe many labeled him a future star. Last two years in AAA....a .225 avg, 13 homers, 27 SB. TOTAL! To give you an idea how f'd up the Tiger farm system has been....this guy (largely through nepotism, I'd bet) has been one of the Tiger's Top 30 Prospects for the last 6 years running. One wonders, if they had kept him, if he would have made the top 30 this coming year? (Does Gardenhire have any kids/grandkids they Tigers could add to their Top 30 Prospects?
Fields hasn't been one of the tigers top 30 prospects in about 2 years, maybe 3 on mlb.com. I haven't seen or heard of anyone even referencing him other than his call up.

Last edited:

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fields hasn't been one of the tigers top 30 prospects in about 2 years, maybe 3 on mlb.com. I haven't seen or heard of anyone even referencing him other than his call up.

MLB Trade Rumors: (today)

Brewers Claim Daniel Fields
By Steve Adams [September 10, 2015 at 2:02pm CDT]
The Brewers announced that they’ve claimed outfielder Daniel Fields off waivers from the Tigers and optioned him to Double-A . With this claim, Milwaukee now has 38 of its 40-man roster spots filled.

The 24-year-old Fields, a sixth-round pick by the Tigers, made a brief appearance in the Majors with Detroit this season, going 1-for-3 in what is to date the only big league game of his career. He’s spent most of the past two seasons at the Triple-A level, where he’s batted a combined .225/.312/.358 with 13 homers and 25 steals in 825 plate appearances.

Baseball America has ranked him among the Tigers’ Top 30 prospects in each of the past six offseasons (26th last winter) since he received a $1.625MM bonus to forgo his college commitment to Michigan. Their latest scouting report noted that he has fringy arm strength and is a fringe-average runner, making him better suited to play left field than center field. He does have average raw power, per BA, but he’s also prone to swinging and missing. BA twice ranked Fields as the best athlete in the Tigers’ minor league system, though the last time he earned that distinction came in the 2010-11 offseason.

burfboy

Canadian Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thursday in Cleveland
Davis
Kinsler
Miggy
JD
VMart
Nick
McCann
Romine
Gose
Simon on the hill. ....

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm aware of the article Iffy... If you read my post.. it said that Daniel Fields has not been in mlb.com's list of top 30 tigers prospects in 2 or 3 years... There are about 5 major scouting services... and only baseball america had fields listed recently. He was even a fringe prospect on their list at #26. Nobody here ever said he was a future star... and I am pretty sure nobody on any scouting site was saying that either. Could find his way onto a roster at some point? Yes... But even the Tigers had about 4 or 5 outfield prospects ahead of him.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MLB.com 2015 Prospect Watch

enjoy iffy.. its free unlike baseball america.. which you claim to read so often but don't actually pay for the subscription to... FYI.. Baseball America is trash.. there are much better places to get info on prospects.. They only update their rankings 2 times a year... others do them on the regular.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't you have a subscription to BA.....lol

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't you have a subscription to BA.....lol
I had one... I stopped paying for it when other sites made them look like a child was writing their content.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here is a point of reference... james mccann's highest tigers team prospect ranking with Baseball America was #6... and he is an obvious starting caliber catcher in the mlb... they had Austin Schotts and Adam Wilks rated ahead of him in 2013... Austin Schotts sucks huge balls.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
burf....howie....bronco. Sorry, but I get enough of the ''spin game'' and ''reversals'' reading the political crap that comes out daily. Don't need to read it here. Crap, mLive has more laughs than this place. Getting told I know nothing about such important topics as the value of Lakeland's starting shortstop, or that I don't read the six most important sources of info on AZ League baseball, just isn't my cup of tea. (I'm heading to Kentucky to see how I can land an $80,000 a year government job that allows me NOT to do my job!) God has washed my sins away! :)

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
burf....howie....bronco. Sorry, but I get enough of the ''spin game'' and ''reversals'' reading the political crap that comes out daily. Don't need to read it here. Crap, mLive has more laughs than this place. Getting told I know nothing about such important topics as the value of Lakeland's starting shortstop, or that I don't read the six most important sources of info on AZ League baseball, just isn't my cup of tea. (I'm heading to Kentucky to see how I can land an $80,000 a year government job that allows me NOT to do my job!) God has washed my sins away! :)

LOL... Iffy saying he had enough of spin games and reversals... :kissass: