• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Detroit Tigers Ongoing 2015 Thread

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lmao....over-react much?
iffy... lets be honest... you can't even name 10 prospects in the tigers system without google... you probably don't even know who the tigers 3rd base coach is. the only reason you come around is to "stir the pot"... by your own admission. Its entertaining for me.. I like the banter... I don't take you seriously at all.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although it seems a bit high to be sustainable, he gets a lot of infield hits, which helps the BABIP. I always thought with his defense, he could hit .250 and I'd be satisfied. .300 is a huge bonus. Definitely worried that he seems to be a bit fragile.
I'd be fine with being dealt if it brought in a trustworthy arm.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be fine with being dealt if it brought in a trustworthy arm.
lol.. you hate the kid.. not surprising. would you regret it after the tigers were forced to play someone there that struggles to hit .250? or would you just ignore the fact the Tigers had a all star SS all together? Tigers can get 2 decent starters in the offseason easily without giving up anything but money... this years free agency literally may be the deepest for starting pitching ever.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the predictions thing;

No idea what my number was. Thought we could win the division though.

But KNEW our pitching was going to suck. Pretty sure 10 of my first 15 posts in this thread were aboot just that. It's still worse than I'd thought.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way it makes sense for the Tigers to trade Iglesias is if they get a top end young starter in return. You don't trade a 25 yr old All Star SS with a career BA of .287 and possibly the best defense in the league for a "trustworthy arm".

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the predictions thing;

No idea what my number was. Thought we could win the division though.

But KNEW our pitching was going to suck. Pretty sure 10 of my first 15 posts in this thread were aboot just that. It's still worse than I'd thought.

I can vouch for you on that. I remember you saying the starting rotation would be a problem before the season even started.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol.. you hate the kid.. not surprising. would you regret it after the tigers were forced to play someone there that struggles to hit .250? or would you just ignore the fact the Tigers had a all star SS all together? Tigers can get 2 decent starters in the offseason easily without giving up anything but money... this years free agency literally may be the deepest for starting pitching ever.
I don't hate him. I just think he's a ninth hitter who isn't going to do the little things to improve his defense. His stock will never be higher and he's missed more time as a Tiger than he's played.

A trust worthy arm is something I don't see much of around Detroit. I'd take another one.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All star meant something to me when I was ten. They don't mean much now. Nava was an AS, got DFA'd this year, doubt Boston misses him.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't hate him. I just think he's a ninth hitter who isn't going to do the little things to improve his defense. His stock will never be higher and he's missed more time as a Tiger than he's played.

A trust worthy arm is something I don't see much of around Detroit. I'd take another one.
by just about any defensive metric Iglesias is one of or the best SS in the league... how much do you want him to improve?

You can't really get on the kid for missing 2 weeks for getting his finger broke when he gets hit by a pitch... come on man.. you are better than that.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All star meant something to me when I was ten. They don't mean much now. Nava was an AS, got DFA'd this year, doubt Boston misses him.

Comparing Nava to Iglesias is a joke...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes.. Detroit needs pitching.. but saying you would take a trustworthy arm for possibly one of the 5 best young SS in the game is laughable.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

he is a 9 hole hitter because Ausmus is an idiot.. Iglesias easily could fit into the role of 2 hole hitter.

burfboy

Canadian Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is becoming deja vu all over again. Is it me or am I reading the same thing day after day after day.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Comparing Nava to Iglesias is a joke...

Iglesias was a LEGIT All-Star this season. I can't see the Tigers dealing him. He's not only hitting .300, he also has one of the lowest strikeout rates in the league. He's making $1.4 M this season, and figures to get $3.5M - $4.5M in arbitration. For a guy who (I agree) is a Top-5 SS in the league, that's a bargain. His salary won't be a barrier to getting a "trustworthy arm".

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not laughing.

I don't care he broke his finger. He missed an entire season...
dude.. you don't like the kid... you have said it.. its fine.. but you are down playing him to the point that its comical. Iglesias would have played the entire season this year injury free for the most part before getting hit on the finger... I don't care if you are superman.. getting his with a fastball on the finger is going to most likely result in a fracture and missed time.

He is a low cost all star that plays elite level defense. You say you want to see defensive improvements from him.. that is like saying you want to see miggy hit better... come on man.. even IF the tigers were to trade him... they would easily get more than a "trustworthy arm".

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is becoming deja vu all over again. Is it me or am I reading the same thing day after day after day.
kind of like the posting of the lineups?

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is a pretty big statement to make about a kid that is only 25 years old... not even in his prime years... and has improved at the plate every season.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a pretty big statement to make about a kid that is only 25 years old... not even in his prime years... and has improved at the plate every season.
So is saying I hate a guy. When I don't.

I'll let you argue with someone else the rest of the day.